Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

On The Pitch

On The Pitch (Hypothetically speaking)  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be on the pitch regardless of directives from PA and Stewards?

• Yes
    • No

Whilst it'd be amazing it wouldn't happen. Not necessarily even because of the reasons you give, but because you know their fans would respond in kind (despite them not caring about us) Then you would indeed be making football go back to its dark days, fighting on the pitch instead of celebrating would be shameful

that would be class

It has sod all to do with organising.

But if the awareness isn't there then there would be no spontaneous invasion. Look at Bradford the other night

Did Bradford do a pitch invasion the other night? If they did it would have been very stupid seeing as it was only the first leg, they haven't achieved anything yet.

Did Bradford do a pitch invasion the other night? If they did it would have been very stupid seeing as it was only the first leg, they haven't achieved anything yet.

No. But if you saw the crowd, they were going to attempt it (only to be deterred by the stewards) Hundreds of them stood near the advertising hoardings just like in bilos videos on the previous pages

This is strictly hypothetically speaking for now. Apart from Forest away where there would be a full blown riot, would you ignore the inevitable requests to refrain from invading the pitch upon the final whistle of the game where we've secured promotion?

You know that in L Block where it'd be most likely to happen, the stewards will probably be two deep (particularly as its also next to the away fans) Being right at the back gives plenty of warning to stewards that something is about to happen as they'll see you all walking down the stairs.

I'd be pretty confident of getting on, but knowing my luck I'd be one of the first on whereupon everyone else bottles it, and I end up getting nicked and banned for the premiership season!

Are you against pitch invasions to celebrate? If so why? Stoke did it, Charlton did it and Wolves did it (they're the only three that stick in memory of late)

For me, years of pain, thousands of pounds spent following city and the heartache of that semi final in Cardiff would all be banished once that final whistle blew, and frankly I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than with the players and my mates on our pitch!

It certainly beats standing and clapping behind a barricade of stewards IMO

Yes... This is why I can't wait for Forest either, 4000 City fans on the pitch at the City Ground celebrating a last minute winner from Wes Morgan in front of the Leicester end, only to do an Adebayor, run the full length of the pitch before knee sliding in front of the Trent End, whilst we celebrate sneaking into the Automatic Promotion places and condemn F%rest to 7th... Wow, should I wake up now?

Yes... This is why I can't wait for Forest either, 4000 City fans on the pitch at the City Ground celebrating a last minute winner from Wes Morgan in front of the Leicester end, only to do an Adebayor, run the full length of the pitch before knee sliding in front of the Trent End, whilst we celebrate sneaking into the Automatic Promotion places and condemn F%rest to 7th... Wow, should I wake up now?

Yet stranger things have happened!

My heart wouldn't cope though

I can imagine the club being like "Please stay OFF the pitch", then when an invasion happens the promotion picture special to be covered with pitch invasion images as well as future advertisements having images of the invasion ... They'd probably have a framed image of it inside the ground somewhere as well

It's a yes from me, but I genuinely wouldn't rule out us not even having one.

Plenty of clubs don't. It's not a blot on the club's supporter base if we don't.

Archived