Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

On The Pitch

On The Pitch (Hypothetically speaking)  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be on the pitch regardless of directives from PA and Stewards?

• Yes
    • No

Forest away gonna sell out quick as. I'm not a season ticket holder either so no chance of getting a ticket. How ever im up for sitting in the bc stand in the corner near the away end.

It'd be nice to think we'd get a bigger allocation if it's a dead rubber for them.

I doubt it though.

Of course people would be on the pitch. There are many clubs/fans that ignore the pa and enter the field of play upon promotion. I just don't get why we have these sort of threads like because if it was to happen, it would happen, regardless of any pre-talk on here (I know this is a poll, but previous threads).

I don't see what your point is.

You've asked what would be fun about it. Despite the fact it's been explained, it's not the point, many people would enjoy it. If you wouldn't then you have every right to not participate and look down your nose at people. But trying to convince people that they shouldn't find it fun is a bit ridiculous.

I've never seen anyone wear a bowler hat at a football match, yet I've seen numerous pitch invasions in modern football. So that comparison is very strange. People have also tried to bring confetti back recently.

The bottom line is, there are a significant number of fans who like the idea of it and would view it, if it was done by thousands, as something very special and enjoyable.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about our fanbase singing in unison and celebrating on the pitch in one huge group?

As for funny looks, if thousands of City fans were on the pitch celebrating I really couldn't care less what faces some boring people were pulling. Each to their own.

My point is everyone saying it would be fun have failed to explain why it would be fun and have never actually experienced said fun themselves.

This pathe footage shows how we used to celebrate

we dont anymore because football evolved. People tried 'confetti' a few games ago and **** all was thrown yet back at Filbo it was all the rage, along with balloons I might add. Now we do the scarf thing and have a dirty big drum. Things move on, things change (for better or worse), most clubs dont invade pitches anymore due to a mixture of stewarding and changing attitudes. Most club sure as hell don't organise spontaneity, thats like piping in music or something

I've experienced a few celebrations, and the best was the 2-1 win over Spurs when we dropped out of the Premier League in 2002. I was only 8 but running on the pitch was brilliant. I've not seen any pictures of the amount of people that did it, but since then I've experienced the 2 promotions at our current home both marred by the extremely bland "lap of honour" (Brighton in 03 and Scunthorpe in 09).

The most insulting was the promotion against Scunthorpe. We were warned with the "please stay off the pitch" followed by "A pitch invation will result in us not lifting in the trophy", as almost as if it were an ultimatium. ****ing hell, I wish we invaded the pitch. I sit and have sat in SK2 since that 08/09 season, so I would have had a pretty vague view anyway, but we lifted the trophy in front of the West Stand (I'd imagine so the TV cameras could see it, even though it wasn't on TV) as well as lifting it in a cloud of smoke so nobody could see what was actually going on. Real anti-climax given the full-house and great season we'd just had.

fleckneymike, if you want to sit in the stands, that's your choice but waiting so long for promotion, having felt so much disappointment over the years, my unmitigated joy won't be contained standing in the terraces. I want to run around, hug strangers, sing songs, congratulate players personally (I live in hope), drink in the atmosphere and celebrate my club achieving the feat it's been aiming for for almost a decade. You might find this behavior pointless and childish but that's just me (and a few thousand like-minded individuals, hopefully).

fleckneymike, if you want to sit in the stands, that's your choice but waiting so long for promotion, having felt so much disappointment over the years, my unmitigated joy won't be contained standing in the terraces. I want to run around, hug strangers, sing songs, congratulate players personally (I live in hope), drink in the atmosphere and celebrate my club achieving the feat it's been aiming for for almost a decade. You might find this behavior pointless and childish but that's just me (and a few thousand like-minded individuals, hopefully).

I don't find it childish, I do find it 'odd'. You could conceivably run around around hugging strangers, singing songs, drinking in the atmosphere in the stand, in the concourse etc. In fact the only thing you can't possibly do without running on the pitch is to hug a player.

What I do notice from a lot of these replies is the pejorative use of 'sit' in the stands, as if anyone who does not wish to run onto the pitch and hug a man is some sort of dour individual rather than someone who has no burning desire to hug an athlete.

'Most clubs don't invade pitches anymore.'

Interesting.

See Reading, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester City, Wigan, Barnet, Oxford and Norwich. All in the past three years celebrating either avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth or being promoted/winning the league on the last day. Both teams promoted to the Premiership had pitch invasions to celebrate.

It seems to me that pitch invasions are almost the rule rather than the exception.

'Most clubs don't invade pitches anymore.'

Interesting.

See Reading, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester City, Wigan, Barnet, Oxford and Norwich. All in the past three years celebrating either avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth or being promoted/winning the league on the last day. Both teams promoted to the Premiership had pitch invasions to celebrate.

It seems to me that pitch invasions are almost the rule rather than the exception.

I mean, there have been 30 teams promoted alone in the last three years in the Football League, so you naming 8 FL teams to have had invasions is not exactly compelling evidence for that argument.

I mean, there have been 30 teams promoted alone in the last three years in the Football League, so you naming 8 FL teams to have had invasions is not exactly compelling evidence for that argument.

How many on the last day under tense circumstances?

Whatever the percentage, it's hardly a rarity as fleckneymike is trying to portray.

When you asked if i understood what spontaneous meant, did you see my reply asling if you knew what hypotheticallly meant?

I did. It demonstrated that you didn't know what spontaneous meant.

You cannot answer the question "hypothetically if we do X would you spontaneously do Y?" The second you predict what you will do it ceases to be spontaneous.

I remember a quality pitch invasion at grace road a couple of years back in the t20 quarter final. Against all odds the foxes chased 200 odd against Kent in nixons last game. Went too the last ball with 2 needed I think. Got a boundary and the whole ground erupted, massive pitch invasion. Nixon was hoisted on someone's shoulders and supplied with a pint while every sang walking in a Nixon wonderland for about

5 minutes. Was brilliant.

Yeah but fans in League 1 or 2 aren't going to celebrate like that are they? The reason it's so big in the Championship is because said team will have just won a place in the biggest league in the world.

Yeah but fans in League 1 or 2 aren't going to celebrate like that are they? The reason it's so big in the Championship is because said team will have just won a place in the biggest league in the world.

Aye, when you look at teams who've been promoted to the Premiership there's a definite pattern.

2011-2012

Reading - Pitch Invasion

Southampton - Pitch invasion

2010-2011

QPR - Pitch invasion

Norwich - Pitch invasion (Away from home, Portsmouth)

2009-2010

Newcastle - Pitch invasion (Away from home, Plymouth)

West Brom - Pitch invasion

2008-2009

Wolves - Pitch invasion

Birmingham - Haven't found one yet

2007-2008

West Brom - Pitch invasion

Stoke - Pretty sure we know the answer to that one. :cry:

So in the past five seasons, nine out of the ten teams promoted from the Championship automatically have had pitch invasions. This is because, many would argue, the promotion from Championship to Premiership is the most meaningful. It's highly likely that both teams promoted this season will have pitch invasions.

Oh shut up :yawn:

So you agree it's more exciting, and my passion is greater because I support a team higher up the divisions because thats how I read the post by Tom.

Promotion is only exciting enough to make you invade the pitch if its sprinkled with the allure of £62 tickets and featuring last on MOTD?

Archived