Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

On The Pitch

On The Pitch (Hypothetically speaking)  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be on the pitch regardless of directives from PA and Stewards?

• Yes
    • No

I can guarentee this site is monitored by someone at the club. Really wouldn't go into your plans on here. The club aren't daft.

No I know. The day of the possible promotion will find L block empty! That'll confuse em!

It'd be easier if they actively welcomed the invasion and allowed it to happen. Less dangerous, less pandamonium and noone in trouble.

No doubt daffodil boy will be having one of his panic attacks and e-mail threats at 4 in the morning (he's actually done this before!) as soon as he gets wind of it.

lol

Who did he send an e-mail threat to at 4am?!

I wish it'd be that simple if the situation arose

It is. If you're so excited that only the feeling of grass beneath your espadrilles can calm you down then run towards the large rectangle of grass immediately in front of you. Once on there skip and dance around, hug someone else in chinos, mangle the words to a song before exiting stage left or right to general apathy from everyone else.

Just make sure everyone around you is committed to getting onto the pitch and there will be no problems. Also, I wouldn't say it's totally out of order for you to do a bit of pushing and shoving if a steward tries to grab you. I'm not going to let some miserable low-life ruin my celebrations just because he likes to upset people.

Just make sure everyone around you is committed to getting onto the pitch and there will be no problems. Also, I wouldn't say it's totally out of order for you to do a bit of pushing and shoving if a steward tries to grab you. I'm not going to let some miserable low-life ruin my celebrations just because he likes to upset people.

Not when being caught could mean being banned. Noone is going to do that to me whilst there are hundreds of others doing the same!

The stewards in the above videos didn't try to stop anyone from running on. I guess in the Southampton one all those coppers and stewards are just enclosing the Cov supporters?

If thousands of people are waiting for the final whistle near the bottom of the stands all around the ground, the stewards aren't going to try and stop people, there'd be no point.

The stewards in the above videos didn't try to stop anyone from running on. I guess in the Southampton one all those coppers and stewards are just enclosing the Cov supporters?

If thousands of people are waiting for the final whistle near the bottom of the stands all around the ground, the stewards aren't going to try and stop people, there'd be no point.

I've a nasty feeling with who's in charge, our stewards would be more forceful in stopping fans doing this though. (and fans more reluctant to try because of this)

It is. If you're so excited that only the feeling of grass beneath your espadrilles can calm you down then run towards the large rectangle of grass immediately in front of you. Once on there skip and dance around, hug someone else in chinos, mangle the words to a song before exiting stage left or right to general apathy from everyone else.

And Im guessing you'll be leaving the ground in the 80th minute to miss out on all the 'traffic'

No but I'm confident you'll be a proper hero on the school bus on Monday.

Pitch invasions were once spontaneous, now they're organised 5 months in advance via an Internet poll.

It has sod all to do with organising.

But if the awareness isn't there then there would be no spontaneous invasion. Look at Bradford the other night

Not when being caught could mean being banned. Noone is going to do that to me whilst there are hundreds of others doing the same!

Well yes, that's why I'd try and encourage everyone around me. Stewards obviously can't do anything if there are enough hyped up men charging through them.

I'm fairly confident we'd be successful, just as long as people get excited enough about it - plenty of singing in the last five minutes would help get people psyched up for it.

No but I'm confident you'll be a proper hero on the school bus on Monday.

Pitch invasions were once spontaneous, now they're organised 5 months in advance via an Internet poll.

For me to be the hero on the school bus would take some organising.

This isnt exactly organising, just saying what to do if we want a pitch invasion.

Archived