Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

What Can Be Achieved with this board?

Ok not ''easily'' but they aren't going to stick their investment in a nationwide ISA offering 2.5% interest a year!!

if you walk into an investment bank with c£50m (I think thats what they have invested in city) would you not expect a noteable return rather than a few %?

I'd expect a return based on the risk I was willing to take. In today's environment 8% per annum is a significant return and if someone turned up at an investment bank with £50m I'd say most would be happy with that. To put it into context Greek 10 year government bonds are yielding around 10% - would you plough your money into Greece?

I think the 8% reflects a judgement the owners made on the inherent risk of lending to the club, on the face of it I'd say it's pretty reasonable.

I think that now they have seen what NP can do with a squad of players that he has chosen, they will show a bit more patience and stick by him.

I'd like to hope you're right, but that doesn't take away the fact they have a tendency to panic very easily and lets be honest, you can see it happening can't you, can you imagine them sticking with him if we're around the bottom 3?

13 games? Sven was here for about a year, had spent a fortune and we were absolutely crap more often than we were decent. With the benefit of hindsight the owners were if anything too patient, gave him too much of a chance.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing and Sven's 13 games taught me a lot. I still think it's pretty panicky to pull the trigger after just 13 games when you're not looking like a disaster (eg.. relegation) but I agreed he had to go. I thought it through and under Sven, we started off OK-ish, then went on an unreal run then gradually got worse for 8 months and that Millwall game was a complete embarrassment. It's safe to say he wasn't taking us up and I was glad to see the back of the circus.

So how much have we paid back in interest then smart arse?

Dread to think how people will react to this years accounts, some posters on here were on suicide watch last year.

Why shouldn't the owners be entitled to some kind of clawback on lending THEIR HARD EARNT CASH to us to make us successful. With the sums you are talking, they could invest it elsewhere at 8% on the money markets easily. I think people are in cookoo land when they think there are these kind of Sugar Daddy's about who will hand out money with zero expected return.

If they had an business outlook like that initially they wouldn't be rich in the first place!

How should I know what we've paid back? You look at how much they've loaned us, we're going to have to spend extremely carefully in the Prem should we get there.

I won't be surprised by the accounts, they'll be a complete national embarrassment when they're announced.

So how much have we paid back in interest then smart arse?

Dread to think how people will react to this years accounts, some posters on here were on suicide watch last year.

Why shouldn't the owners be entitled to some kind of clawback on lending THEIR HARD EARNT CASH to us to make us successful. With the sums you are talking, they could invest it elsewhere at 8% on the money markets easily. I think people are in cookoo land when they think there are these kind of Sugar Daddy's about who will hand out money with zero expected return.

If they had an business outlook like that initially they wouldn't be rich in the first place!

People will react with shame and shock again, they would be right too, any other 'business' our size that has amounted our debts in such a short space of time would have probably been listed as a going concern, even more worrying is the fact that we are more in debt now than we were when we entered administration. One guy pulls the plug and we're done for, what a brilliant business model that is.

As for the second part lol Yeah, it's just that easy to invest in the money markets and make 8million, I'm surprised all the big banks haven't tried it? Oh wait. lol

Exactly they aren't Sugar Daddys are they? So stop the flag waving, the heros welcomes and the thank you Top banners, they aren't here for their health or because they love the club, they aren't doing a Roman or a Shiekh and piling their cash in to try and win the club trophies, they are doing it to expand their own business and if you really think that when push comes to shove our business wouldn't be sacrified to save the overall project of what they are trying to achieve then more fool you.

Let's hope it never comes to that. I'm expecting our debt levels to be around 90million in this years accounts, so we'll probably need 3/4 years in the Premiership to pay that off with interest when you consider team spend/wages that will also have to come from that 90million a year.

It's still a tough task and we have to succeed.

Ironically for all the 'we need the owners' talk I'd say keeping Nigel Pearson at the club for the next 5 years is probably more important to us on and off the pitch than anything or anyone else.

Not sure if top six is possible within four years. None of recently promoted sides are consistently in top six- West Brom looks like they will drop out of it soon enough. I think eight years is a more realistic target.

I don't think us lasting a straight eight years in the Prem can in any way be described as " realistic "

People will react with shame and shock again, they would be right too, any other 'business' our size that has amounted our debts in such a short space of time would have probably been listed as a going concern, even more worrying is the fact that we are more in debt now than we were when we entered administration. One guy pulls the plug and we're done for, what a brilliant business model that is.

As for the second part lol Yeah, it's just that easy to invest in the money markets and make 8million, I'm surprised all the big banks haven't tried it? Oh wait. lol

Exactly they aren't Sugar Daddys are they? So stop the flag waving, the heros welcomes and the thank you Top banners, they aren't here for their health or because they love the club, they aren't doing a Roman or a Shiekh and piling their cash in to try and win the club trophies, they are doing it to expand their own business and if you really think that when push comes to shove our business wouldn't be sacrified to save the overall project of what they are trying to achieve then more fool you.

Let's hope it never comes to that. I'm expecting our debt levels to be around 90million in this years accounts, so we'll probably need 3/4 years in the Premiership to pay that off with interest when you consider team spend/wages that will also have to come from that 90million a year.

It's still a tough task and we have to succeed.

Ironically for all the 'we need the owners' talk I'd say keeping Nigel Pearson at the club for the next 5 years is probably more important to us on and off the pitch than anything or anyone else.

I agree with you so much it's scary.

if we didnt have the owners? We'd probably be in the gutter, gone into liquidation.

Really? That would have been the only alternative scenario? lol

Business is business and unfortunately not enough people are educated on the subject.

lol

I think alot can be achieved under the current board. They have invested alot of money into the foundations of the club e.g training ground etc.

if they was just interested in going up they wouldnt spend that sort of money

Hindsight's a wonderful thing and Sven's 13 games taught me a lot. I still think it's pretty panicky to pull the trigger after just 13 games when you're not looking like a disaster (eg.. relegation) but I agreed he had to go. I thought it through and under Sven, we started off OK-ish, then went on an unreal run then gradually got worse for 8 months and that Millwall game was a complete embarrassment. It's safe to say he wasn't taking us up and I was glad to see the back of the circus.

Sven was in charge for 55 games, not 13, that's my point. I don't understand why people assume our owners are trigger happy when all evidence suggests that they are not. They sacked Sousa quickly but that was absolutely the right decision, the guy was a charlatan, complete crap. They gave Sven way more time than he deserved, and so far they've stuck with Pearson despite some fans getting ever so excited about the Redknapp crap, which was obviously the doing of Redknapp's PR guy. I don't see any signs that they are trigger happy at all.

One guy pulls the plug and we're done for, what a brilliant business model that is.

How would we be done for if they "pulled the plug"? You can't just dump a football club by the side of the road and drive off. They'd have to sell the business debts and all. Until they start asset stripping then we've no reason to be concerned about finances. And so far instead of asset stripping they've spent money improving infrastructure which makes no sense at all if you're looking to make a quick buck.

Not sure I agree with that, actually.

I don't think they seem like buy-and-sell owners. They've invested too much money and effort in to making us a front for their brand, which I'm sure is where they think the real profit is.

And back on their TV as a showcase.

Archived