Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

What Can Be Achieved with this board?

They will want us in a position where they can sell us off to the next bidder for a healthy profit who wants a new toy to play with.

That's football now.

They will want us in a position where they can sell us off to the next bidder for a healthy profit who wants a new toy to play with.

That's football now.

Not sure I agree with that, actually.

I don't think they seem like buy-and-sell owners. They've invested too much money and effort in to making us a front for their brand, which I'm sure is where they think the real profit is.

I doubt most board's would be happy with survival every year. If we were to get promoted, then survival would be the target initially. Then why not push on? Stoke are a good example of that (but with better football of course).

Not sure I agree with that, actually.

I don't think they seem like buy-and-sell owners. They've invested too much money and effort in to making us a front for their brand, which I'm sure is where they think the real profit is.

Hope you are right. :thumbup:

I'll wait until this year's accounts to see 'investment' it is, it looked like loans in the last set.

Not sure if top six is possible within four years. None of recently promoted sides are consistently in top six- West Brom looks like they will drop out of it soon enough. I think eight years is a more realistic target.

I suspect that they will want us in the EPL for as long as possible so the King Power brand gets maximum world wide (and certainly far eastern) publicity as possible. If their brand grows because of their investment/loan in LCFC I sure they will be very happy.

Hope you are right. :thumbup:

I'll wait until this year's accounts to see 'investment' it is, it looked like loans in the last set.

I think you should look at our accounts, and compare it too all different football club and sports clubs accounts. I doubt there are many clubs out there where there isnt some clawback by the ownership structure to repay at some point, their initial investment. I think people get all hissy when the interest is mentioned, as this can be waivered anyway.

Imagine dragons den, would they not expect some kind of return from their investment, yes is the answer. they also have to stump up their hard earnt cash, up front, as a gamble on future (unknown) fortunes.

I think the owners have been pretty decent to us, and we are seeing the rewards this season (top 2 I believe lol ). if people want to sit there and moan and worry themselves we'll do a Pompey, then fair play but I'd imagine you are also the type who are scaremongerers, and probably have a negative outlook on life and moan about the lack of opportunities in life etc.

if we didnt have the owners? We'd probably be in the gutter, gone into liquidation. They didn't have to save our ar5e but they did, I'd expect they will continue to be with us, and if they want to sell us on at a later date then so be it, thats how the world goes around I'm afraid.

Another example, if you had built a business from nothing then had the opportunity to sell it later on in life for £10m hard cash, would you? Yes!

Business is business and unfortunately not enough people are educated on the subject.

Well I'm a CIMA qualified accountant so I consider myself educated on the subject.

It's ludricrous to suggest we would have gone into liquidation without the owners, complete nonsense.

I think the owners will back us sufficiently to maintain a mid-table position. They'd have to spend a lot to get us any higher than that, and I can't see how it would be worth it for their business.

But it could be irrelevant with ffp coming in. The owners won't be able to directly invest in their own business, meaning we'll be at the mercy of our relatively low turnover. We're probably in the championship in turnover terms, so "fair play" dictates that that is where we belong and will remain for ever more.

what.....the same board which had led the club going backwards in the previous 2 years?

The same owners who wanted 'bigger names', the same bigger names who were the reason the club had gone backwards in the two previous seasons, and caused us god knows how much debt? The same bigger names which we need to get rid of before we can invest more and improve our current position??

Truth none of us are privy(is that a word)to thefull info.There are any number of income streams into the business from all points of the globe and I am happy that our current owners have access to that if if if we make the leap to PL.Hope they will respect the paying public

as well -recent events show that a bit more pr imagination is welcome but lets enjoy the ride as well as reminding the owners that this is and always will be LCFC

what.....the same board which had led the club going backwards in the previous 2 years?

The same owners who wanted 'bigger names', the same bigger names who were the reason the club had gone backwards in the two previous seasons, and caused us god knows how much debt? The same bigger names which we need to get rid of before we can invest more and improve our current position??

**** off you gimp. Idiots like you make me embarrased to be a leicester fan. If our owners up and leave you'll be getting exactly what you deserve.

I think they will buy mid table second division Spanish and Italian teams to become our feeder clubs and herald in a decade of unprecedented success as us and Watford storm the premiership and conquer Europe, competing against each other in numerous domestic and European finals.

Maybe, to be honest I don't know if they will look to sell, if they were purely looking to make a quick profit they shouldn't have chosen to get involved in football, if it is all about brand promotion then they would be crazy to sell and would want us to be as prominent as possible.

The question is how will they do that, by being back seat owners and let the club promote them on the pitch, or try and become high profile owners, make big changes and try and create a media presence, lets be honest what ever the footballing reasons for packing Adkins, Nicola Cortese has been slashed all over the back pages and raised his profile.

I doubt most board's would be happy with survival every year. If we were to get promoted, then survival would be the target initially. Then why not push on? Stoke are a good example of that (but with better football of course).

And West Brom. They were promoted three years ago and look at them now. I can surely see us do the same if we maintain stability... and of course secure promotion.

**** off you gimp. Idiots like you make me embarrased to be a leicester fan. If our owners up and leave you'll be getting exactly what you deserve.

And vice versa, if we did 'do a pompey' the fans who sat back and just were happy to see us rack up as much debt as possible in gambling to hit the Premier League would deserve what they get.

Thankfully we have Mr Pearson now who seems to realise we can reach the bigtime without risking the future of the football club.

And vice versa, if we did 'do a pompey' the fans who sat back and just were happy to see us rack up as much debt as possible in gambling to hit the Premier League would deserve what they get.

Thankfully we have Mr Pearson now who seems to realise we can reach the bigtime without risking the future of the football club.

What do you suggest, a coup?

And yes, thanks to the owners for bringing in Mr Pearson, their first managerial appointment that wasn't advised by Milan Mandaric and it looks to have been a superb one.

I think you should look at our accounts, and compare it too all different football club and sports clubs accounts. I doubt there are many clubs out there where there isnt some clawback by the ownership structure to repay at some point, their initial investment. I think people get all hissy when the interest is mentioned, as this can be waivered anyway.

Imagine dragons den, would they not expect some kind of return from their investment, yes is the answer. they also have to stump up their hard earnt cash, up front, as a gamble on future (unknown) fortunes.

I think the owners have been pretty decent to us, and we are seeing the rewards this season (top 2 I believe lol ). if people want to sit there and moan and worry themselves we'll do a Pompey, then fair play but I'd imagine you are also the type who are scaremongerers, and probably have a negative outlook on life and moan about the lack of opportunities in life etc.

if we didnt have the owners? We'd probably be in the gutter, gone into liquidation. They didn't have to save our ar5e but they did, I'd expect they will continue to be with us, and if they want to sell us on at a later date then so be it, thats how the world goes around I'm afraid.

Another example, if you had built a business from nothing then had the opportunity to sell it later on in life for £10m hard cash, would you? Yes!

Business is business and unfortunately not enough people are educated on the subject.

Well, that suggests that your're not educated in business. What if said business has a profit of £10 million a year? Even if it was a profit of £2 million a year you'd be an idiot to sell it for £10 million unless it was on the decline. If it had saturated then it still wouldn't be a great business deal as you'd be earning that money back in a few years time.

What if that business was an arm of your corporation that enables further profits for the other businesses in the portfolio? That's essentially how the owners are planning to (and have) make their money. As Finnegan said, we are essentially a huge marketing tool for the owners. For them its like having the greatest sponsorship mechanism imaginable, readily available. You're able to position your product in a way that doesn't directly marketing itself so it doesn't play on the consumer conscious. In the premiership, the club wouldn't be losing much money so it would be an unreal marketing strategy that helps KP to become a global brand.

If and when that is done, then we MIGHT see the owners move on.

What do you suggest, a coup?

And yes, thanks to the owners for bringing in Mr Pearson, their first managerial appointment that wasn't advised by Milan Mandaric and it looks to have been a superb one.

Amen, with Milan out of the picture I think they've become much more sensible in their approach, in no small part thanks to the Sven fiasco.

Archived