Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

London Leicester fans

20 hours ago, lebleu said:

Anyone traveling up from London for the champs league home games fancy car sharing? Specifically the porto one. 

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm travelling up from London for it, but alas no car!

What sort of time would you be driving up and coming back Iebleu & StriderHiryu? 

I'm was intending to get the bus to travel to them all... but would definitely consider a car share.

44 minutes ago, zealot said:

What sort of time would you be driving up and coming back Iebleu & StriderHiryu? 

I'm was intending to get the bus to travel to them all... but would definitely consider a car share.

I guess around 6pm for me would be ideal and heading back straight after the game 

2 hours ago, lebleu said:

I guess around 6pm for me would be ideal and heading back straight after the game 

Thanks Iebleu. Think I'll get the coach on this occasion as am staying in Leicester overnight.

Maybe for one of the other games...

• Like 1

I'm planning on getting the train, but will also likely stay over night as the last train back can be sketchy!

By the way for any of the other London folks here, I usually go to most weekend home games but travel up from London. If anyone fancies travelling up as a pack of foxes (sorry, that joke is a bad one!) then let me know. I quite often see a few other Foxes fans at St. Pancras when I travel upwards, it would be fun to travel together to get in the mood, especially as our team of ours is making us all proud right now!

• Like 1

In response to the above posts. I was also going to get the train up for all of the games but would be happy to car share if anyone has a car for me to share - I don't. Also, very happy to travel up as a pack on the train. Keep in touch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Moving to London in the next few weeks so I have a vital question that needs answering.... any pub tips for City games especially champions league?

North London or South London?

13 minutes ago, Captain... said:

it's almost like nobody in London has a car...

...me neither too bloody expensive

Too expensive and too slow also. Much quicker to get around the big smoke by bike.

Maybe one of the lads could lend us an i8, or two, to help us out? 

1 minute ago, zealot said:

Too expensive and too slow also. Much quicker to get around the big smoke by bike.

Maybe one of the lads could lend us an i8, or two, to help us out? 

We were the 12th man many times last season, surely they could have stretched to an extra car, like a pool car for fans to use when needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brockmyster said:

Moving to London in the next few weeks so I have a vital question that needs answering.... any pub tips for City games especially champions league?

There's a pub called The Stags Head near Great Portland Street that has a Leicester following. I guess most people will be there for the Bruges game (unless you are lucky enough to have tickets and the day off work!).

There were some good nights in there last season, I remember a particularly memorable one against Newcastle when Shinji scored the winner as a stand-out!

6 hours ago, zealot said:

North, but tbf anywhere in London is fairly easily accessible compared to a lot of cities!

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

There's a pub called The Stags Head near Great Portland Street that has a Leicester following. I guess most people will be there for the Bruges game (unless you are lucky enough to have tickets and the day off work!).

There were some good nights in there last season, I remember a particularly memorable one against Newcastle when Shinji scored the winner as a stand-out!

Cheers will have to check it out :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Liverpool game will be shown at The Stags Head tomorrow. I'm planning on heading down to see it.

I cannot make the Liverpool game there but I presume that the Club Brugge game will be shown there?

On 9/11/2016 at 01:01, razh said:

I'm driving up for all 3 CL games  but leaving from Slough leaving between 4.30 and 5.30 and coming back straight after if anyone wants to car share.  Should have 3 spaces spare.  PM if interested.

Thanks Razh - that's marvellous! 

I'm sorted for first home game.

Will get in touch a bit closer to the other two once I have a better idea what is happening...

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Anyone know a decent place to watch the game tomorrow around? I'm around Mayfair/Belgravia.

The Kings Arms in Shepherds Market will probably have it on but it's BT and not Sky so note 100%. I'd mosey up the stag mate as it'll be unreal in there.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Kings Arms in Shepherds Market will probably have it on but it's BT and not Sky so note 100%. I'd mosey up the stag mate as it'll be unreal in there.

Stags Head New Cavendish Street?

Edited by MattP

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes mate. It's the obvious choice in London as it's always full of Blue Army. I tended to get lobbed out though when I went there for being too loud which I always found quite astounding.

Good man I should be able to make it up there, with a Morecambe and Southend fan as well so they are in for a treat.