Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

London Leicester fans

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
11 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

The stag is a bit quieter for leicester fans nowadays but still a great boozer. Have been there for the last few. Everton looks like it'll be a cracker.

I'll pop down a few times a season but yeah, even before the world went to shit, it didn't seem to be half as popular as it once was.

I recall for some of the Championship games late comers had to go elsewhere because they couldn't get in through the doors. 

Still a good craic though. Had some pretty wild nights with fellow supporters after watching City there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

BBC News - Covid: Will the UK's pubs stay shut until May?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55770770

Mention of Nigel in here. Absolute shitter for him. Doubt I'll be back in there this season at this rate.

Nightmare for them. Can't imagine what their running costs are like in that part of London.

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

BBC News - Covid: Will the UK's pubs stay shut until May?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55770770

Mention of Nigel in here. Absolute shitter for him. Doubt I'll be back in there this season at this rate.

For what it’s worth, a friend of mine who works for a subsidiary of Heineken says they were given the nod last week for May 1st re opening, if vaccine plans and death / infection rates drop as projected. Obviously, any new strains or vaccine failures will knock it all on the head.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, AaronH said:

Any ideas on pubs that will be showing this outside, would be good to get a crowd together if we can!

Take your pick!

https://www.matchpint.co.uk/bars-showing-chelsea-vs-leicester-438181

Calling all London Foxes, we HAVE to do something together to see the game together. First FA Cup final in my lifetime, I am sure I'm not alone!

On 22/04/2021 at 16:24, AaronH said:

Any ideas on pubs that will be showing this outside, would be good to get a crowd together if we can!

On 22/04/2021 at 17:15, StriderHiryu said:

Take your pick!

https://www.matchpint.co.uk/bars-showing-chelsea-vs-leicester-438181

Calling all London Foxes, we HAVE to do something together to see the game together. First FA Cup final in my lifetime, I am sure I'm not alone!

I'd possibly be up for this too - the number of mates in London who watch football are have dwindled fast so it would be good to watch it with other football fans let alone Leicester fans lol

• Haha 1

OK well if anyone finds a pub that allows bookings please post it here. I will do some research this weekend and if I find one will book it for 6 people. I am sure come the day itself we will find enough people to fill the spaces! But of course if we can find a place which we can fill with Leicester fans that would be even better. Such a shame we can't pack the Stag out like we did for the Champions League games, as the atmosphere was great in there on those evenings.

It's going to be a momentous day in our club's history and if we can't be at the game, then we can cheer our lads on together! :beer:

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2021 at 11:35, StriderHiryu said:

OK well if anyone finds a pub that allows bookings please post it here. I will do some research this weekend and if I find one will book it for 6 people. I am sure come the day itself we will find enough people to fill the spaces! But of course if we can find a place which we can fill with Leicester fans that would be even better. Such a shame we can't pack the Stag out like we did for the Champions League games, as the atmosphere was great in there on those evenings.

It's going to be a momentous day in our club's history and if we can't be at the game, then we can cheer our lads on together! :beer:

I'm in Sussex and nowhere here will be showing it, so I'm planning to travel to London to be somewhere with some atmosphere! I would appreciate it so much if I can tag along with someone to make a group of 6. 

I lived in London 10 years ago so a lot's changed, but I've done some searching for pubs with outdoor screens and bookable tables and those that stand out are: the Rye in Peckham (massive garden, but not sure if you can see the screen from much of it), the Lion and the Unicorn in Kentish Town, the Narrowboat in Islington (both Young's pubs so probably fine), and the Fugitive Motel in Bethnal Green (a bit hipster wannabe but might be alright). Maybe the Kenton in Hackney? But not sure if they allow booking on the outdoor tables.

Edit: I searched for 'Fa Cup final' in Facebook events and came up with the George IV, Chiswick (Fuller's) and the King's Head in Tooting Bec (Greene King).The Narrowboat also has a Facebook event set up, so these are ones that are 100% definitely showing it!

Edited by tjspicy
Found more pubs!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tjspicy said:

I'm in Sussex and nowhere here will be showing it, so I'm planning to travel to London to be somewhere with some atmosphere! I would appreciate it so much if I can tag along with someone to make a group of 6. 

I lived in London 10 years ago so a lot's changed, but I've done some searching for pubs with outdoor screens and bookable tables and those that stand out are: the Rye in Peckham (massive garden, but not sure if you can see the screen from much of it), the Lion and the Unicorn in Kentish Town, the Narrowboat in Islington (both Young's pubs so probably fine), and the Fugitive Motel in Bethnal Green (a bit hipster wannabe but might be alright). Maybe the Kenton in Hackney? But not sure if they allow booking on the outdoor tables.

Edit: I searched for 'Fa Cup final' in Facebook events and came up with the George IV, Chiswick (Fuller's) and the King's Head in Tooting Bec (Greene King).The Narrowboat also has a Facebook event set up, so these are ones that are 100% definitely showing it!

Awesome work I’ll keep digging myself. Currently I’ve not seen one that is 100% taking bookings, which is what I’m after. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah was having a look myself too but getting similar issues on not being able to guarantee something with a screen when going through the process.

Would the prefer be north/south of the river or just anywhere willing to accept us? Thinking west most likely be Chelsea fans heavy but thats just me.

Will keep looking too.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Yeah was having a look myself too but getting similar issues on not being able to guarantee something with a screen when going through the process.

Would the prefer be north/south of the river or just anywhere willing to accept us? Thinking west most likely be Chelsea fans heavy but thats just me.

Will keep looking too.

Most likely we will have to go anywhere that accepts us (lol) and it will be dominated by Chelsea fans, which is fair enough really given we are in London! Maybe there will be an outdoor screening somewhere.. that would be ace but think many are shying away from such events until June.

Annoyingly a number of places are opening on Monday 17th May, but that's two days after the Cup Final!

Edited by StriderHiryu

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Most likely we will have to go anywhere that accepts us (lol) and it will be dominated by Chelsea fans, which is fair enough really given we are in London! Maybe there will be an outdoor screening somewhere.. that would be ace but think many are shying away from such events until June.

Annoyingly a number of places are opening on Monday 17th May, but that's two days after the Cup Final!

Oh yeah of course, I was just thinking they might be more difficult to get a booking in those pubs. We'll find somewhere :):beer:

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Oh yeah of course, I was just thinking they might be more difficult to get a booking in those pubs. We'll find somewhere :):beer:

I've provisionally got one, which is The Bat and Ball in Westfield East in Stratford:

https://www.thebatandball.com/

May be an image of 3 people and indoor

I tried ringing / contacting about 15 places, and this was the only one that I could get something out of. The only issue is that as it stands you can only have a booking for 3 hours maximum, so I've got it from 17:00 to 20:00 (the match is at 17:30), which means there is the issue of "what happens if there is extra time!?" So I am trying to enquire if it's possible to have it for longer.

So if anyone is interested, that would be the location to go to and it being in Stratford, there's lots of other things to do. So we could easily meet up for drinks in Olympic Park beforehand, as it's only 5 minutes away.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've provisionally got one, which is The Bat and Ball in Westfield East in Stratford:

https://www.thebatandball.com/

I tried ringing / contacting about 15 places, and this was the only one that I could get something out of. The only issue is that as it stands you can only have a booking for 3 hours maximum, so I've got it from 17:00 to 20:00 (the match is at 17:30), which means there is the issue of "what happens if there is extra time!?" So I am trying to enquire if it's possible to have it for longer.

So if anyone is interested, that would be the location to go to and it being in Stratford, there's lots of other things to do. So we could easily meet up for drinks in Olympic Park beforehand, as it's only 5 minutes away.

Great stuff, count me in then. If you need another name to book a table between 8pm to 9pm to cover us in case of extra time and penalties I'm happy to do that.

PS - You deserve a pint on me for all this

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Great stuff, count me in then. If you need another name to book a table between 8pm to 9pm to cover us in case of extra time and penalties I'm happy to do that.

PS - You deserve a pint on me for all this

I've been assured that we will have the table for the duration of the game (even if it goes longer), so that's good to know! But it could well be a good idea to book another spot afterwards, though I suppose that really depends on the result ;).

My suggestion is to meet up at 15:00 for some pre-match bevvies and banter before the big one itself! I'll start getting in touch with everyone and suggest making a WhatsApp group. So far I can confirm:

Strider

Nalis

(Robofox?)
TJSpicy

So we've got 4 spots left to fill. @RoboFox you interested? We saw the 0-9 win against Southampton and the 2-0 win against Arsenal so could do with some of that luck for this game!

Anyone else, let me know as it will be first come, first served!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

So we've got 4 spots left to fill. @RoboFox you interested? We saw the 0-9 win against Southampton and the 2-0 win against Arsenal so could do with some of that luck for this game!

Sorry, I'd missed the whole conversation! 

Sounds great. I'll get back to you, man. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've been assured that we will have the table for the duration of the game (even if it goes longer), so that's good to know! But it could well be a good idea to book another spot afterwards, though I suppose that really depends on the result ;).

My suggestion is to meet up at 15:00 for some pre-match bevvies and banter before the big one itself! I'll start getting in touch with everyone and suggest making a WhatsApp group. So far I can confirm:

Strider

Nalis

Anyone else, let me know as it will be first come, first served!

This is great for me, I can just hop on the HS1 at Ashford and be there in half an hour. Nice one!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tjspicy said:

This is great for me, I can just hop on the HS1 at Ashford and be there in half an hour. Nice one!

OK so do you want in? There are only 6 spots available, so though I am happy for anyone to come along, I do not want to see any snowflakes because the group as a whole will miss out, as well as people who might want to join in.

Robo gets a definite ticket as he is a dude and I can vouch for him. Nalis is offering to buy me a pine, so he's in too :). If you can 100% commit, I am happy to put you down, but anyone that cancels has to let me know at least a week in advance, otherwise I am going to call you out here on the Forum!