Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Your First Ever Game

Boxing Day 1980 when we lost 1 nil at home to Brighton having had 2 goals disallowed and a couple of small pitch invasions!

I didn't go down again though until about 87 during those dark Pleat days, still only cost £2 quid which was worth it to shout "Pleat Out" :)

13th November 1982

Leicester City 2 - 2 Newcastle Utd

Keegan played for them from memory and scored

Can't remember much else

I was at the match as well. Tommy English scored one of his few goals for us - a rasping shot from outside the area

Don't remember my first game but must have been sometime in 1972 because I remember my Dad taking me to the Leicester vs Derby game in March 73 which was a sellout , and I know I went to games before that.

First game I went to on my own with my friends was against West Ham in 75. I remember that day because we were in Pen 4 and so where the ICF . Pretty scary but exhilarating for a 9 yr old.

That was the start of me going to every game I could home and away until 1991. Last game I saw was the game where we beat Oxford Utd to stay in the old second division. Then I moved to Canada.

Had some great times with some great friends.

Still love City but its disappointing to read on these boards the lengths guys have to go to to generate atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing every game on the TV when they are in the Prem next season

Don't remember my first game either, was at Filbert Street though because I can remember going to games there. First game I can fully remember is Sunderland away, 11th September 1999 (I think the date was).

Having just enlisted the help of google for the date, my first game was on Saturday 22nd Feb 1992, at Filbert Street, we lost against bloody Derby 2-1.

I remember Shilton being in goal for Derby and my grandad shouting it was time for him to get his bloody bus pass...we were behind the goal and I remember how packed it seemed. I also remember having to hang back as the police paraded the Derby fans to the station after the game (I was a bit scared - I was a 12 year old girl though).

I think I can trump anyone's first game.

Leicester 7 Arsenal 2 in August 1963. Their goalkeeper was injured early on and in the days before substitutes this sort of result was more possible. But for a nine year old lad this was just the sort of thing to get you hooked, and, sadly, I haven't seen as many goals scored by us in a game since. The team of that era, under Matt Giiies, was a great team to watch, with one of my all time favourite players, David Gibson.

The History section is a great addition to foxestalk to re-kindle memories such as the one above.

i think this was my first game too . I sat on the toilet roof in the popular side

i remember this game and another one against Fulham about the same time and the great Johnny Haynes was playing .

we won both games and i was hooked

I can't remember which game was actually first though .

Spent ages in the history section on here today - which is brilliant - and I think mine was Sheff Utd, April 1971. Remember sitting on the old white wall in front of main stand and being able to smell the 'linament' on Lenny Glover's legs as he whizzed up and down the wing. It would have cost me less and been less damaging to my health if my family had just given me crack cocaine instead !

That is possibly a better smell than the guy on the toilet roof on the popular side.One of my earliest memories was the smell of that toilet(gents)

True, very true. I still smile and feel nostalgic when I whiff a bit of Ralgex, even today. Somehow, I doubt you do that when you get a nose full of some stranger's turds ??

Vs Brighton, September 1978. (Hence the moniker). Won 4-1 in a season when we were bobbins,barely avoided Division Three and Brighton got promoted. Keith Weller played and scored. Was completely hooked from that day on. Still remember the smell of whisky and cigars and the taste of the 1/4 of midget gems my dad got me from the Lucky Supermarket. Sat in East Stand Block T in the days before away fans were put in there.

my first ever game. An evening match against Liverpool in the v early 70s. Sat on the wall in the pop side. Liverpool took a 2-0 lead through John Toshack a player we v nearly swapped for Frank Worthington. Before half time though we were on level terms with goals from Keith Weller. It was surely destiny that we should score a winner 2nd half through the afore mentioned weller. Wow! what an introduction to footy with lcfc.

I also remember the chants at the time. toshack 2 leicester 0 before we had our own. weller 3 toshack 2.Great memories of a kid at filbert street.

Archived