Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Your First Ever Game

I just want to say how good that new History section of foxestalk is. It's worth a website address on it's own. I always knew who we played in my first ever game my dad took me to, and knew the score. But to be able to see the goals courtesy of youtube is just brilliant. The first time I've seen them since I was at the ground. Proud to say that day I was in the Pens aged 7. I don't remember much in all honesty

From 1 min 48 seconds in

This one was the next game I went to almost a year later which I do have memories of. What the clip doesnt show is an Everton player rattling the bar from miles out in the first half, and I vividly remember Duncan Ferguson being sent off for a straight red and our fans singing, 'cheerio Duncan Ferguson' lol

I also remember the gasps of everyone around me as the Man Utd 9-0 Ipswich result was announced at fulltime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cN8JyNNbeXk

Great memories and a great feature to this website!

I know I've duplicated this thread on the Feedback section, but its worth another thread IMO

Family night football at Filbert Street was my first ever game.

Same. My first game was something like Leicester Reserves 4-2 West Ham Reserves I think.

The 2-0 over Watford (First game at the Walkers) was my first League game.

Same. My first game was something like Leicester Reserves 4-2 West Ham Reserves I think.

The 2-0 over Watford (First game at the Walkers) was my first League game.

Seen so many of those games, so cheap as well, must of been about seven then.

Probably seen some very decent players, but can only really remember one incident in particular and that was when Stefan Oakes smashed the ball out of the stadium.

I just want to say how good that new History section of foxestalk is. It's worth a website address on it's own. I always knew who we played in my first ever game my dad took me to, and knew the score. But to be able to see the goals courtesy of youtube is just brilliant. The first time I've seen them since I was at the ground. Proud to say that day I was in the Pens aged 7. I don't remember much in all honesty

From 1 min 48 seconds in

This one was the next game I went to almost a year later which I do have memories of. What the clip doesnt show is an Everton player rattling the bar from miles out in the first half, and I vividly remember Duncan Ferguson being sent off for a straight red and our fans singing, 'cheerio Duncan Ferguson' lol

I also remember the gasps of everyone around me as the Man Utd 9-0 Ipswich result was announced at fulltime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cN8JyNNbeXk

Great memories and a great feature to this website!

I know I've duplicated this thread on the Feedback section, but its worth another thread IMO

Jesus, that pitch.

The history section is superb. I can't believe how far back the records go.

http://www.foxestalk...ils.php?mid=587

Was sitting in the top tier of the double decker. Seeing the video actually jogs my memory, it's all coming back to me. I remember the ping followed by the roar when Bowyer hit the bar. Even as a 7 year old I knew he was a cvnt!

The clearance off the line now rings a bell as well and I know somebody (Duberry?) was sent off for a foul on Heskey.

Even without seeing the video Elliott and Izzets penalties are very vivid.

Watford at home 1999. Remember it being a dull affair, 1-0 win thanks to an Muzzy winner. Gripped ever since. Can't remember the exact line up but can imagine it read something like

Flowers

Sinclair

Elliott

Taggart

Guppy

Impey

Lennon

Izzett

Savage

Heskey

Cottee

What a team. My 1st game was Man Utd, Filbert Street, 1997. 2-2, Walsh and Marshall. There was even a special, early evening MotD for that game. I'm not making that up am I?? Think it was party because of Eurovision or something.

I can't remember the opposition, but Arthur Rowley and Jack Frogget were playing, so it must have been the early fifties. Just checked the history section Frogget joined the club in 1954, so I would be about 9 years old, I'm sure Rowley scored but that could be wishful thinking. However i did see him score he had a thunderous right foot shot, and with the heavy leather balls those shots were unstoppable. Congratulations to whoever put the history section together a terrific piece of work.

Archived