Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

C'Mon Lets Be Positive

Having myself gone through the pearson out stage myself, i'm starting to realise that due to the fiercely competetive nature of this league, it really is a lottery as to who's going to go up.

Things are changing with every game at the moment, Hull are on a storming run but they'll lose a couple and go down to fifth or sixth just like we have, just like boro did, just like cardiff will.

Look on the bright side, we're lucky in that at least we have something to go for season in season out whether it's promotion or relegation there's never a dull moment, imagine supporting someone like millwall or rochdale or someone like that. I've long been in the pearson out camp but with 15 games to go let's just rally round him, we'll either go up or he'll be gone by the start of next season!

Im guessing you wouldnt want Pearson & Co out if we dont go up?

Not if we finish in the play-offs, that's all I expected at the start of the season (same goes for most posters on here in that regard) and I don't think it's fair to shift the goalposts now.

Having myself gone through the pearson out stage myself, i'm starting to realise that due to the fiercely competetive nature of this league, it really is a lottery as to who's going to go up.

Things are changing with every game at the moment, Hull are on a storming run but they'll lose a couple and go down to fifth or sixth just like we have, just like boro did, just like cardiff will.

Look on the bright side, we're lucky in that at least we have something to go for season in season out whether it's promotion or relegation there's never a dull moment, imagine supporting someone like millwall or rochdale or someone like that. I've long been in the pearson out camp but with 15 games to go let's just rally round him, we'll either go up or he'll be gone by the start of next season!

That's all we're asking, like him or not he's our manager (and a good one in my opinion) and we stand a better chance with all the fans backing him and team

Not if we finish in the play-offs, that's all I expected at the start of the season (same goes for most posters on here in that regard) and I don't think it's fair to shift the goalposts now.

Its just what I was left thinking from the OP, no worries I understand your stance :thumbup:

Can't understand the Pearson out mob. If that happened we start from scratch and a new man will have a ready made excuse for not getting us to at least the playoffs. I was hacked off like everyone else on Tuesday night when we lost and our nearest rivals strolled to further victories. What I will say is that in the games versus Palace, Watford and Cardiff we really need to win all three as we cant seem to do it against the bottom half teams

But what is there to be positive about...

We have only collected 15 points from our last 7 games, that is only just over 2 points a game.

We haven't spent millions on lots of players

All our players are really young

Our owners don't even care enough to interfere with team selection

You tell me one thing we have to be positive about.

We have only collected 15 points from our last 7 games, that is only just over 2 points a game.

lol I nearly replied to this without reading it all! Just saw the bit where you said we've only got 15 points from 7 games and I was like whaaaat!? lol

Would've been a massive face palm for me

Brilliant

Perhaps some don't get it. This is a time when we should be increasing the pressure on others not falling off the pace. I've read very few "Pearson Out" posts. What I've read is about the need to do better and the many glaring ways we can effect that. Corners, more players being determined to get forward fast, more goals threat from our midfielders and much on top.

We've lost three games on the trot to modest opposition and with them some of our confidence and momentum. The manner of those defeats was as uninspiring as the results and was the consequence of all sorts of failings.

These were the first three of 10 so-called "easy" games we could win. The outcome has affected us both individually and as a unit. Pearson has made a good move with his latest loan signing but - although clearly aimed at making what he recognises as necessary improvement - it may be too little too late.

Why? Because others have improved their team too. And increased their momentum. Few doubt we have a better side now than when Pearson arrived and, at his best, Pearson has got them playing some entertaining football. But not often enough in recent months since we topped the League, bar a short period of revival that started with the Burnley win and ended with the defeat at Peterborough.

What it says in big letters is that our better side is not performing as well as it can often enough, and that is basically down to the manager and his helpers not getting enough decisions right either on tactics, details, the psychological factors or team selection. When we topped the league we did it with King and Dyer in the team for most of the time. They've become periphery players in favour of Knockaert and Marshall and I've no idea why.

Dyer is far more difficult to mark out of a game than Marshall, and King both a faster, more accurate passer and greater goal threat (when allowed to be) than those who've displaced him. In other words we've lost sight of some of the things that matter to a winning team. Most of all it is passing accuracy because if we have the ball and the opposition don't, they can't score.

Yet. with the likes of Knockaeert and Drinkwater losing the ball so often in fairly neutral positions our passing's become hugely inconsistent. The second point is that we waste so much potential goals threat with our lack of return from corners and the lack of enough supplementary goals from central midfield.

Finally we seem to lack anyone on the sidelines with the ability to quickly assess what's going wrong in games and to make effective changes to either our style or personnel. Or to find the ways of getting the best out of all the different components in our team.

Put together, these things make it difficult to increase the pressure on others who perhaps don't have the same shortcomings.

People who want Pearson out are ****ing mental. Even if we dont go up this has been our best season since winning League One. Nigel has shown that he can identify weaknesses and fix them. We will go up next year, if not this year.

What do you want to happen? Get in Neil Warnock or Nigel Adkins? And what happens when that dont work out? You are back to square one. Get behind the ****ing manager you tosspots.

I think I put a jinx on things. I posted before the Huddersfield game (When Wood was first out) that I was wary that City was due a bad run at some point. Never thought it would be starting from that game or last more than a couple of games.

I think they'll bounce back sooner than later.

Perhaps some don't get it. This is a time when we should be increasing the pressure on others not falling off the pace. I've read very few "Pearson Out" posts. What I've read is about the need to do better and the many glaring ways we can effect that. Corners, more players being determined to get forward fast, more goals threat from our midfielders and much on top.

We've lost three games on the trot to modest opposition and with them some of our confidence and momentum. The manner of those defeats was as uninspiring as the results and was the consequence of all sorts of failings.

These were the first three of 10 so-called "easy" games we could win. The outcome has affected us both individually and as a unit. Pearson has made a good move with his latest loan signing but - although clearly aimed at making what he recognises as necessary improvement - it may be too little too late.

Why? Because others have improved their team too. And increased their momentum. Few doubt we have a better side now than when Pearson arrived and, at his best, Pearson has got them playing some entertaining football. But not often enough in recent months since we topped the League, bar a short period of revival that started with the Burnley win and ended with the defeat at Peterborough.

What it says in big letters is that our better side is not performing as well as it can often enough, and that is basically down to the manager and his helpers not getting enough decisions right either on tactics, details, the psychological factors or team selection. When we topped the league we did it with King and Dyer in the team for most of the time. They've become periphery players in favour of Knockaert and Marshall and, for I've no idea why.

Dyer is far more difficult to mark out of a game than Marshall, and King both a faster, more accurate passer and greater goal threat (when allowed to be) than those who've displaced him. In other words we've lost sight of some of the things that matter to a winning team. Most of all it is passing accuracy because if we have the ball and the opposition don't, they can't score.

Yet. with the likes of Knockaeert and Drinkwater losing the ball so often in fairly neutral positions our passing's become hugely inconsistent. The second point is that we waste so much potential goals threat with our lack of return from corners or with supplementary goals from central midfield.

Finally we seem to lack anyone with the ability to quickly assess what's going wrong in games and to make effective changes to either our style or personnel. Or to find the ways of getting the best out of all the different components in our team.

Put together, these things make it difficult to increase the pressure on others who perhaps don't have the same shortcomings.

I really can't argue with any of this.

Very well written and IMO correct.

I'm also surprised at the omission of Lloyd Dyer. Exactly as you say, Lloyd is difficult to mark, which frees up space for other players. Marshall is technically a much better player that Dyer but I'd MUCH rather mark Marshall than Lloyd.

I believe that, with Dyer being benched, we have once again lost pace in the side. I thought Nige had sorted this out but again, we've become a SLOW team when attacking.

Today is a big game. It's very winnable.

I really can't argue with any of this.

Very well written and IMO correct.

I'm also surprised at the omission of Lloyd Dyer. Exactly as you say, Lloyd is difficult to mark, which frees up space for other players. Marshall is technically a much better player that Dyer but I'd MUCH rather mark Marshall than Lloyd.

I believe that, with Dyer being benched, we have once again lost pace in the side. I thought Nige had sorted this out but again, we've become a SLOW team when attacking.

Today is a big game. It's very winnable.

:thumbup:

Archived