Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

FCC Meeting

Did all the new selected people attend and did they give any input.

Yes I'm still pissed off I wasn't picked but it's a genuine question.

It was a random draw, no-one got "picked" as such.

Did all the new selected people attend and did they give any input.

Yes I'm still pissed off I wasn't picked but it's a genuine question.

Everyone Who Attended Had a Valid Input. Everyone Respected Each others Opinions and There was Great Communication Between The Board and Members.

Everyone Who Attended Had a Valid Input. Everyone Respected Each others Opinions and There was Great Communication Between The Board and Members.

That's great nice to know those who were selected will be active contributing members.

I attended also. I was really impressed by Susan Whelan who gave, what seemed, open and honest opinions on everything that was brought up.

Despite the club looking into safe standing, I got the impression that the club are still quite a way off being positive about it. Susan didn't really take the argument of there needing to be a choice for fans who would like to stand, nor that it has been successfully implemented in Germany and actually stated that many German clubs weren't fond of it. I don't think we have enough fans who are pro-safe standing for the club to need to be any more pro active on it than they already are.

Secondly, they're adamant that the introduction of safe standing wouldn't increase revenue which I think is probably valid.

Most annoying about the meeting was the longest discussion was about the electronic advertising boards. Yawn.

Anyway, interesting insight from the board and personally really warmed me to the club and how it's being run.

What was said about midweek games?

Let's face it most people prefer matches on a Saturday afternoon.

Club have no power to stop it, if Sky move a game then only safety advisory group can prevent it from being moved. Hence Club/Sky had no impact on the Boro game going ahead, as there were no safety grounds for SAG to call it off.

Club equally unhappy about the number of fixtures being moved, as they can lose money on them, particularly with the reduction in attendances. The amount of games we've had moved is almost unprecedented at this level, not sure what we have done to keep on getting picked (apart from good football, obviously).

We are about 3 games in credit with Tigers as we have moved more times to suit them.

Club have no power to stop it, if Sky move a game then only safety advisory group can prevent it from being moved. Hence Club/Sky had no impact on the Boro game going ahead, as there were no safety grounds for SAG to call it off.

Club equally unhappy about the number of fixtures being moved, as they can lose money on them, particularly with the reduction in attendances. The amount of games we've had moved is almost unprecedented at this level, not sure what we have done to keep on getting picked (apart from good football, obviously).

We are about 3 games in credit with Tigers as we have moved more times to suit them.

Wasn't it agreed that next season would start a week earlier to try and get an extra Saturday game in/1 less midweek game in? I take it that's still going ahead? I understand that majority of managers in this league were unhappy with how many midweek games there have been, even before Sky's input.

What was said about midweek games?

Let's face it most people prefer matches on a Saturday afternoon.

I think you'll find this viewpoint is very diverse. You will find a lot of people who prefer night games on Tuesdays.

I for one am one of them.

I think you'll find this viewpoint is very diverse. You will find a lot of people who prefer night games on Tuesdays.

According to Jim in the TO the club don't like midweek games as the number of school kids that go and hence their parents is greatly reduced.

I think the proof is in when a game is moved to midweek and we get multiple threads moaning at Sky, the club and modern football in general.

Archived