Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

FCC Meeting

Main topics of discussion were:

- Website

- Electronic advertising boards

- Midweek fixtures

- Atmosphere

- Safe standing / banning standing (this is how it was presented on the slide!!)

They are having a sub-committee to discuss commercial side of things such as ticket pricing and catering. We don't know who is going to be on it yet, but any developments I will let you know.

If you'd like any detail on the above I'm happy to oblige, obviously within reason as to what the club would be happy to be shared at this stage.

Atmosphere - wasn't a lot said. They know it's an issue but struggling for ideas of what to do. Recognise getting bums on seats is a big problem. For every person that, for example, hates the post horn gallop or goal music, there is another person who likes it. Recognise the main issue is with stadium design, will be looking into any way of improving acoustics (may be more possible given today's news).

Safe standing - Susan Whelan has attended parliament meetings etc and remains open to the idea. The club wants to go through the correct routes, as in through the football league, so will not be making any sort of public statement about their stance on the issue.

Atmosphere - wasn't a lot said. They know it's an issue but struggling for ideas of what to do. Recognise getting bums on seats is a big issue. For every person that, for example, hates the post horn gallop or goal music, there is another person who likes it. Recognise the main issue is with stadium design, will be looking into anyway of improving acoustics (may be more possible given today's news).

Safe standing - Susan Whelan has attended parliament meetings etc and remains open to the idea. The club wants to go through the correct routes, as in through the football league, so will not be making any sort of public statement about their stance on the issue.

I can't stand the atmosphere in the ground and l block as we know has taken a nosedive the last couple of years. The club implemented all the usual dross a couple of seasons ago yet the atmosphere in l and k was still so much better than now. In other words it's the type of fan that has moves to l block that is the cause of the proble- something the club can do nothing about short of introducing phone internet jamming devices inside the ground.

The safestanding issue actually sounds rather promising. As does the clubs willingness to realise about the lack of atmosphere.

What was mentioned about banning standing?

Atmosphere - wasn't a lot said. They know it's an issue but struggling for ideas of what to do. Recognise getting bums on seats is a big issue. For every person that, for example, hates the post horn gallop or goal music, there is another person who likes it. Recognise the main issue is with stadium design, will be looking into anyway of improving acoustics (may be more possible given today's news).

Its not hard really all they have to do is swap the Family stand with the Kop, 5 year old kids can't create an atmosphere... and with the KOP not being anywhere near the away end the KOP will never make any atmosphere.

Banning standing wasn't really discussed, I was just surprised that's how it was summarised on the list of topics. They recognise there are areas of the ground that stand, and nothing was mentioned about clamping down on that.

There were police representatives there, and they said a common sense approach is taken, e.g when Leeds are here on Tuesday it is unsafe for stewards to try and get them all to sit down.

Stewards happy to relocate people in both home and away areas if people around are standing and you don't wish to.

Also standing at away games was discussed, although the club are restricted in selling tickets where people would like as they have to follow instructions given by the host club.

Banning standing wasn't really discussed, I was just surprised that's how it was summarised on the list of topics. They recognise there are areas of the ground that stand, and nothing was mentioned about clamping down on that.

There were police representatives there, and they said a common sense approach is taken, e.g when Leeds are here on Tuesday it is unsafe for stewards to try and get them all to sit down.

Stewards happy to relocate people in both home and away areas if people around are standing and you don't wish to.

Also standing at away games was discussed, although the club are restricted in selling tickets where people would like as they have to follow instructions given by the host club.

They seem a reasonable bunch really

Atmosphere - wasn't a lot said. They know it's an issue but struggling for ideas of what to do. Recognise getting bums on seats is a big problem. For every person that, for example, hates the post horn gallop or goal music, there is another person who likes it. Recognise the main issue is with stadium design, will be looking into any way of improving acoustics (may be more possible given today's news).

To be fair, that isn't too bad.

:yahoo:

Yes!! So pleased we aren't shunning the idea completely which is what I thought we were doing. Glad the club is keeping an open mind on this issue as a lot of our fans seem to support it. :D

Main topics of discussion were:

- Website

- Electronic advertising boards

- Midweek fixtures

- Atmosphere

- Safe standing / banning standing (this is how it was presented on the slide!!)

They are having a sub-committee to discuss commercial side of things such as ticket pricing and catering. We don't know who is going to be on it yet, but any developments I will let you know.

If you'd like any detail on the above I'm happy to oblige, obviously within reason as to what the club would be happy to be shared at this stage.

So now you've told us stuff do you have to kill us? :P

Although there's nothing concrete in that, that shows the right kind of signs.

I think they've made a sensible move there really, it definitely gives me hope that if they legalise standing, they might actually do something about having it in our ground, combine it with the fact we now own our ground, there's a decent chance.

Nothing concrete but.. that's a lot better from LCFC, although actions speak louder than words, so we'll see.

Archived