Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

Joy Division

possibly my favourite band ever. ian curtis is one of my heroes and peter hook's bass playing got me into playing bass myself. favourite tune would be disorder i think.

they were actually probably the first band i really got into in a big way when i was probably 15 or so. got into joy division before i got into the beatles. weird really, as i suppose the beatles music is a lot more accessible, but i've always quite liked dark music (early cure is some of my favourite stuff too).

• 2 months later...

Joy division and early New Order spawned a lot of imitators, the only convincing effort of them all was the former oi punk band Blitz who completely changed direction with their album Second Empire Justice- still criminally unknown. For what it's worth I still think Exercise One was JD at their absolute eleven out of ten peak.

• 7 months later...

Started listening to Joy Division again, really into them at the minute. 'Disorder' is probably my favourite (although already posted above). Think Ian Curtis' lyrics are good, very deep and a sort of insight into his life, (bit like Morrissey's lyrics).

Did anybody see his Kitchen Table was resold again, around November time?

Archived