Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
El Fleeco

Cardiff player ratings

Just got back, thought both sides were very poor. I might say we were marginally the better side but I'm not sure. Very frustrating to lose it at the end like we did. Overall, we looked very solid at the back, however the midfield was lacking imo.

Kasper - 6 Didn't have much to do until their goal really.

St Ledger - 7.5 Solid mostly, good cross for the goal.

Morgan - 8 Beast. Totally reliable and put some good balls up towards the box.

Keane - 8 Shame we can't get this guy permanently, looks quality.

Schlupp - 8.5 MOTM Really impressive today, dealt with everything coming down the left side.

Drinkwater - 6.5 Average really. A few good passes but wasn't anything special.

Wellens - 5 Seemed to wait too long before passing a few times and passed when he should have shot on the edge of the area. Surprised to see him starting.

King - 5.5 A few passes here and there but disappeared later on.

Nugent - 6 Wasted on the right wing, but he put Wood through with a nice ball and did a few good flick ons.

Wood - 6.5 Held the ball up well, but missed the one on one. To be fair he didn't have much opportunity as the midfield didn't create much.

Dyer - 5 Pretty poor tbh. He's a sprinter not a footballer, the same problems again - poor final ball, can't use his head etc

Kane - 6 An improvement to the midfield but didn't set the game alight, found space well.

Vardy - N/A Crossed the ball into the box when there was no one there when he should have just held the ball in the corner. It was after this cross that they scored.

Waghorn - N/A Had under 10 mins to do anything, and didn't.

Kasper-7- no real hard saves to make, no chance with goal. Good handling today and nice gesture to give his gloves to a young lad, top guy.

SSL- 7/8- slotted in really well and was fairly solid, but got done for pace and coomposure a little at times

Keano-8-solid, good goal and hit the bar too, kept fraizer campbell quiet

Wes-8- standard wes, strong in the air, looked very accomplished

Jeff-9- was superb in LB, pace and power was very good to see, can beat a man with pace and skill too, unlike konch. Final ball needs work

Nugent-6/7- didnt do much and thought he was going to get sent off in the 1st half, good defensively though

Wellens-7- solid, composed figure, started to tire towards end, only issue is that he, nor drinky or king wanted to drive the ball forwards, they all wanted little intricate passes which arent always available.

King-7- see wellens

Drinky- see wellens, apart from this guy was composed and good on the ball, showed abit of his pace and class we know he has

Dyer-6- did nothing andhis final ball wasnt great, shouldve ran at Mcnaughton when he came on

Wood-9 MOTM- his hold up play and strenght was unbelieable sometimes, made their defence look small and weak sometimes, all he needed was a goal

Kane, Vardy and Waggers-6 n/a

Dissapointing rrsult but hey ho got a free scarf and pie and pint!

Kasper-7- no real hard saves to make, no chance with goal. Good handling today and nice gesture to give his gloves to a young lad, top guy.

SSL- 7/8- slotted in really well and was fairly solid, but got done for pace and coomposure a little at times

Keano-8-solid, good goal and hit the bar too, kept fraizer campbell quiet

Wes-8- standard wes, strong in the air, looked very accomplished

Jeff-9- was superb in LB, pace and power was very good to see, can beat a man with pace and skill too, unlike konch. Final ball needs work

Nugent-6/7- didnt do much and thought he was going to get sent off in the 1st half, good defensively though

Wellens-7- solid, composed figure, started to tire towards end, only issue is that he, nor drinky or king wanted to drive the ball forwards, they all wanted little intricate passes which arent always available.

King-7- see wellens

Drinky- see wellens, apart from this guy was composed and good on the ball, showed abit of his pace and class we know he has

Dyer-6- did nothing andhis final ball wasnt great, shouldve ran at Mcnaughton when he came on

Wood-9 MOTM- his hold up play and strenght was unbelieable sometimes, made their defence look small and weak sometimes, all he needed was a goal

Kane, Vardy and Waggers-6 n/a

Dissapointing rrsult but hey ho got a free scarf and pie and pint!

Because that contributes to our push for promotion ;)

Kasper 6 - his only job of the night was to pick the ball out of the net.

SSL 7 - Such a solid defender. Lovely cross for the goal.

Schlupp 7 - a few shaky moments but had a good game.

Morgan 8 - Beast. Frazier Campbell is still in his pocket.

Keane 9 - Class. Sheer class. Won everything in the air, cool, composed and scored. Unlucky with an effort that hit the post.

Drinkwater 6 - Slows us down a hell of a lot at times but was better than Saturday.

King 6 - put in his usual defensive contribution when needed. Tracks runs superbly.

Wellens 7 - the pick of the midfielders for me. It was like the Wellens we had before he signed his newest contract.

Dyer 6 - offered a great outlet at times, always a danger.

Nuge 7 - Again, busted his balls for the sake of the team. One blocked shot which was going in. Decent link up play with Wood.

Wood 7 - when he jumps, he wins headers. Held the ball up well and created space. Missed a great chance when through one on one albeit a good save. Seems a bit short on confidence as with the specific chance I thought he could've took the ball round the keeper. Put in a great shift tonight mind.

Schmeichel - 7. Good game I thought. I'll have to see the goal again but it looked pretty unstoppable.

St Ledger - 8. He's far better defensively than De Laet and I was surprised how well he got forward too. One of our best players tonight.

Morgan - 7. Not outstanding, so poor by his standards :D

Keane - 8. Too good for us. Seems to get better with every game, got a real knack of scoring goals, very composed on the ball. I honestly think he'll play for England.

Schlupp - 7. Impressed, thought he was better defensively than he was on Saturday and he looks dangerous on the attack too.

Wellens - 8. I'm arguably being too generous because I thought he was possibly a dodgy selection but he really did impress me tonight. Hardly ever gave the ball away, picked out some good passes and won the ball a few times. Never gonna get 90 from him but I thought he was very good today and I wouldn't be against him starting on Saturday.

King - 6. Decent game I thought, not amazing but a good one.

Drinkwater - 6. Slows down the play at times but not a bad display by any means.

Nugent - 6. More involved than recent games but he's been better.

Dyer - 5. Unimpressed.

Wood - 7. Thought he was the pick of our attack tonight, his all-round game looked improved and he was unlucky not to score.

All subs were quiet, Kane not bad.

Schmeichel 6 didnt have a lot to do

SSL 8 Played really well at the back and going forward - had real drive behind him.

Schlupp 7 Was good going forward and some good link up play. OK defensively.

Morgan 8 Solid

Keane 8 Please can we have him?

Drinkwater 6.5 kept things ticking over

King 6.5 as danny

Wellens 7.5 I have to say I was worried when I saw him walk onto the pitch after his performances this year but well played ritchie, our best CM last night.

Dyer 6 always offers something different but his touch and crossing aren't the best and never will be.

Nugent 6.5 thought he was a bit unlucky to get on the wrong side of the ref so early on. tried hard but not much came off for him.

Wood 7.5 held the ball up majestically. He was the difference until he came off because the balls that we were pumping long were actually staying in Cardiff's half.

Subs

Kane seemed to have an awful lot of time on the ball on a few occasions running at their defence but lacked the imagination to make anything of it.

Vardy tried hard

Waggy not the best first touch which is understandable given the lack of playing time he gets.

Schmeichel 6 didnt have a lot to do

SSL 8 Played really well at the back and going forward - had real drive behind him.

Schlupp 7 Was good going forward and some good link up play. OK defensively.

Morgan 8 Solid

Keane 8 Please can we have him?

Drinkwater 6.5 kept things ticking over

King 6.5 as danny

Wellens 7.5 I have to say I was worried when I saw him walk onto the pitch after his performances this year but well played ritchie, our best CM last night.

Dyer 6 always offers something different but his touch and crossing aren't the best and never will be.

Nugent 6.5 thought he was a bit unlucky to get on the wrong side of the ref so early on. tried hard but not much came off for him.

Wood 7.5 held the ball up majestically. He was the difference until he came off because the balls that we were pumping long were actually staying in Cardiff's half.

Subs

Kane seemed to have an awful lot of time on the ball on a few occasions running at their defence but lacked the imagination to make anything of it.

Vardy tried hard

Waggy not the best first touch which is understandable given the lack of playing time he gets.

I agree with every single word there except perhaps a higher mark for Lloyd, he gave us valuable width, pace and linked well with Schlupp

Kasper - 6 - didnt really have much to do, could have done better with the goal

SSL - 9 - MOTM strong in the air got forward well, got the assist for the goal

Wes - 7 - Solid as usual

Keane - 8 - The best ive seen him play, took his goal well after hitting the bar

Kingy - 7 - Did his job well and managed to get forward more than hes done recently which we need him to do

Drinky - 6 - Still think he is a bit too slow getting the ball forward but didnt do much wrong

Wellens - 7 - The best hes played in a Leicester shirt in about a year

Dyer - 5 - Tired very easily, but put 1 or 2 decent balls in and got into good positions (rarely)

Wood - 9 - Hold up play was brilliant, strong in the air and was unlucky with his chance

Nugent - 7 - Booked for absolutely nothing then was a bit lippy, but apart from a shit attitude he did well at getting into good areas

Kane - 5 - Got into the positions. Did nothing with the ball. A shit Andy King.

Vardy - 5 - Did all he needed to do ran around made himself a bother and won the ball a few times

Waggy - N/A - touched it about three times, got caught offside about 4 times

Kasper - 6 - didnt really have much to do, could have done better with the goal

SSL - 9 - MOTM strong in the air got forward well, got the assist for the goal

Wes - 7 - Solid as usual

Keane - 8 - The best ive seen him play, took his goal well after hitting the bar

Kingy - 7 - Did his job well and managed to get forward more than hes done recently which we need him to do

Drinky - 6 - Still think he is a bit too slow getting the ball forward but didnt do much wrong

Wellens - 7 - The best hes played in a Leicester shirt in about a year

Dyer - 5 - Tired very easily, but put 1 or 2 decent balls in and got into good positions (rarely)

Wood - 9 - Hold up play was brilliant, strong in the air and was unlucky with his chance

Nugent - 7 - Booked for absolutely nothing then was a bit lippy, but apart from a shit attitude he did well at getting into good areas

Kane - 5 - Got into the positions. Did nothing with the ball. A shit Andy King.

Vardy - 5 - Did all he needed to do ran around made himself a bother and won the ball a few times

Waggy - N/A - touched it about three times, got caught offside about 4 times

Didn't fancy rating Schlupp then? :P

FIF will be pulling his hair out at the St Ledger ratings.

The ratings prove why I rate him highly, has played right-back before and done a good job, Blackpool especially earlier in the season, Tom Ince was probably the most in form player in the league at the time, and St Ledger had him in his pocket.

FIF will be pulling his hair out at the St Ledger ratings.

The ratings prove why I rate him highly, has played right-back before and done a good job, Blackpool especially earlier in the season, Tom Ince was probably the most in form player in the league at the time, and St Ledger had him in his pocket.

Happy he had a good game.

Glad that our 4th/5th best centre back is a good cover for De Laet especially as Moore isn't available.

Just hope he can play as well the rest of the season when needed and not return to his average

Happy he had a good game.

Glad that our 4th/5th best centre back is a good cover for De Laet especially as Moore isn't available.

Just hope he can play as well the rest of the season when needed and not return to his average

Do I detect a touch of the green eyed monster?

I bet you have a small twinky to go with it too.

Let it go twinky boy, let it go!

I'm now giving you a 6 months cuddles ban.

Back the players and the team......

If not go back to supporting Cov

Archived