Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

most over rated band?

Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs

Strokes and The Libertines???? Strokes are pretty much the reason for any indie rock bands existence today and Libertines did so much for the UK music scene at the time. Dann strange choices but I guess I'll respect your opinion :P

Strokes and The Libertines???? Strokes are pretty much the reason for any indie rock bands existence today and Libertines did so much for the UK music scene at the time. Dann strange choices but I guess I'll respect your opinion :P

144569[/snapback]

Fair play to the Kaiser Chiefs, they're fun to dance to if you're lashed.

U2 are overated, pretty dire if you ask me (which the starter of this thread did).

Although I do like Sunday Bloody Sunday, possibly just because of Alan Partridge.

,Jul 26 2005, 9:19 PM]

144569[/snapback]

144669[/snapback]

oooooooh

Ooooooh

OOOOOOOOOHHHH

Fab

My dead rabbit could have written and performed that album, and he's a corpse.

most overated it's obvious it has to be The Talentless ******* that are The Darkness lead by one of the most annoying people in History

144573[/snapback]

to be fair (and i think it was your ire towards them i remember from my km,ky's) the darkness are a bit of a joke now, but the singer has done 'this town ain't big enough' with the sparks and its quite good, the darts video with phil 'the power' taylor is especially good

,Jul 26 2005, 9:19 PM]

144569[/snapback]

144669[/snapback]

oooooooh

Ooooooh

OOOOOOOOOHHHH

Fab

My dead rabbit could have written and performed that album, and he's a corpse.

144725[/snapback]

But you see, that's why it's so brilliant when you're smashed!!

That and ska :)

This is an easy one, and I'll second rossporter- U2.

Strokes are pretty much the reason for any indie rock bands existence today

144569[/snapback]

Huh? I hate to sound like a pedantic jerkoff, but do you know what "indie rock" is? ;)

This is an easy one, and I'll second rossporter- U2.
Strokes are pretty much the reason for any indie rock bands existence today

144569[/snapback]

Huh? I hate to sound like a pedantic jerkoff, but do you know what "indie rock" is? ;)

144795[/snapback]

An Indie band is a band that is either unsigned or signed to a smaller, independently owned label.

There are many different levels of this, for example Epitaph, though independently owned and operated can push bands, or has been known to in the past, at a large, almost major label level. With huge distro and resources, bands on that indie can "almost" seem like major label bands.

While ironically enough Brittney Spears, who seems to be a major label product and artist is actually technically an indie artist due to the fact that her label is independently owned and operated, its just the biggest indie in the world.

most overated it's obvious it has to be The Talentless ******* that are The Darkness lead by one of the most annoying people in History

144573[/snapback]

id love to see you try and play guitar like they do. never say a bands talentless until u think before u speak

Strokes are pretty much the reason for any indie rock bands existence today and Libertines did so much for the UK music scene at the time.

144569[/snapback]

Most ridiculous statement ever.

145134[/snapback]

Hardly, The Stokes arent' great but The Libs are/were top quality and original.

I'd probably have to go with Oasis.. massive band but crap IMO.. only mildly good song I have heard by them was She's Electric. I also think Nirvana are an over-rated band.

As for Under-rated if we are going to start on that - hands down it's Giant. #### awesome band never got the credit they deserved...

Strokes are pretty much the reason for any indie rock bands existence today and Libertines did so much for the UK music scene at the time.

144569[/snapback]

145134[/snapback]

145248[/snapback]

So you think the Libertines have done lots for the music scene??? Come off it FFS... just because that complete muppet is in the sun every day doesn't make them good!!! Babyshambles are 100% worse I might add!!

I liked some of the Libertines stuff, but the comment he made was stupid. How often do you hear someone say that they have inspired them?? Errrr not very. But bands like The Beatles, The Who, U2, Oasis... YES Oasis, get mentioned every other day by other bands.

People on here keep mentioning bands like U2 and Oasis as being over rated and it's doing my head in. I'm not a big U2 fan but bands who have sold that many records ARE NOT over rated. The number of records they have sold proves this. People wouldn't have bought them if they weren't good!! You may not like them but it doesn't mean they are over rated.

NOW.... bands like The Libertines, Babyshambles, The Darkness, Kasabian are hyped in the papers and music press so much it is ridiculous. They haven't sold the records to warrant that press whatsoever. Don't get me wrong like I said I enjoy the Libertines stuff and I really like Kasabian. BUT they are over rated.

People need to distinguish between their personal preference and bands that are actually over rated.

Franz Ferdinand - just living of Take me out

my chemical romance - absolute shite nothing atall different to whats out there already

Eminem - never really got him 5 albums and he still raps about the same stuff.

pink Floyd - I'll proberbly get slaughtered for this choice, but I saw them at Live8 and everone told me how legendary they are, never really saw there "magic" they are not bad but just not legendary.

Franz Ferdinand - just living of Take me out

my chemical romance - absolute shite nothing atall different to whats out there already

Eminem - never really got him 5 albums and he still raps about the same stuff.

pink Floyd - I'll proberbly get slaughtered for this choice, but I saw them at Live8 and everone told me how legendary they are, never really saw there "magic" they are not bad but just not legendary.

145391[/snapback]

You're damn right you're going to be slaughtered! I'll let you off this time and assume you know very little about Pink Floyd :mad:

145134[/snapback]

145248[/snapback]

So you think the Libertines have done lots for the music scene??? Come off it FFS... just because that complete muppet is in the sun every day doesn't make them good!!! Babyshambles are 100% worse I might add!!

I liked some of the Libertines stuff, but the comment he made was stupid. How often do you hear someone say that they have inspired them?? Errrr not very. But bands like The Beatles, The Who, U2, Oasis... YES Oasis, get mentioned every other day by other bands.

People on here keep mentioning bands like U2 and Oasis as being over rated and it's doing my head in. I'm not a big U2 fan but bands who have sold that many records ARE NOT over rated. The number of records they have sold proves this. People wouldn't have bought them if they weren't good!! You may not like them but it doesn't mean they are over rated.

NOW.... bands like The Libertines, Babyshambles, The Darkness, Kasabian are hyped in the papers and music press so much it is ridiculous. They haven't sold the records to warrant that press whatsoever. Don't get me wrong like I said I enjoy the Libertines stuff and I really like Kasabian. BUT they are over rated.

People need to distinguish between their personal preference and bands that are actually over rated.

145270[/snapback]

Surely you could argue that it's down to personal preference?

I suppose if you really don't like a band but everyone else seems to, surely you personally are gonna think they're overated?

Either way, I still think U2 are piss poor ;)

Probably all new bands are thrown into a fast-turning media whirlpool where they are sucked in in a horrendous tempo, with almost no chance of return.

This is an enormeous danger for creativity. Of course, I wish every band well when they have success, but the originality of the tracks suffer in almost every case. Some examples of overrated (and over-hyped) bands and artists:

- Coldplay (sorry, but I just don't like 'em lol )

- U2 (reached their peak in the mid-90ies; especially the recent two to three albums were just pure sell-out)

- Oasis :sick:

- Michael Jackson (when's the last time he has released a creative album that stands on its own?)

- Jamiroquai (where's the spirit of the 90ies?)

- Black Eyed Peas (get rid of Fergie and start again! ;) )

- The White Stripes

- Backstreet Boys (please no more albums!!! The nightmare of a whole generation :sick: )

- Shakira (Aaaahhh!!! :S )

- Mariah Carey (Great voice, no doubt, but her attitude... :unsure: )

- Dido (I fall asleep... :mellow: )

- Evanescence (Please no more albums, either...)

- Nickelback (probably the most monotoneous music I've ever heard)

- Rammstein (Pfftt... There's better stuff in Germany, very clichee-ridden bunch of egomaniacs)

- Celine Dion (anything else besides cheesy lovesongs?)

- Bon Jovi (never liked them or their music... Will I now get a massive slash from female fans??? lol )

Archived