Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Martin O'Neill to Leeds?

I can't believe that MON would consider a return to Leicester. Anything less than regular 10th in the league and 2 league cups would be seen as him failing to reach previous heights. The world has changed and moved on. MON is a revered part of our past and don't see him as any part of our future.

I can't believe that MON would consider a return to Leicester. Anything less than regular 10th in the league and 2 league cups would be seen as him failing to reach previous heights. The world has changed and moved on. MON is a revered part of our past and don't see him as any part of our future.

I think if he failed to get us promoted it would tarnish his rep, but promotion and consolidation would enhance his rep in my eyes.

As much as us Leicester fans will always have a soft spot for martin you have to remember he ****ed off and left us in the lurch and he's not really achieved anything since, if he's not good enough for sunderland why would he be good enough for us?

As much as us Leicester fans will always have a soft spot for martin you have to remember he ****ed off and left us in the lurch and he's not really achieved anything since, if he's not good enough for sunderland why would he be good enough for us?

He left us in the lurch? He left us with some of the best players I have ever seen at Leicester. Peter Taylor then came in and desyroyed it.

That actually reads remarkably similar to what has happened here in the last couple of months...

It does.

As at Sunderland, it might work in the short-term but what about longer than that?

Martin hardly "failed" at Sunderland. Sunderland are perennial failures. Maybe he "failed" to live up to their fans stupid expectations but that's hardly the same as some muppets on here are using that word.

He left at the end of the season after many years good work, hardly leaving us in the lurch.

Sometimes good managers get fired, just because he wasn't amazing there doesn't mean he wouldn't be somewhere else.

Martin hardly "failed" at Sunderland. Sunderland are perennial failures. Maybe he "failed" to live up to their fans stupid expectations but that's hardly the same as some muppets on here are using that word.

I expect Leicester to get into the Premier League at some point, and I have to admit, I got all excited about it being this season.

The problem at the moment is people are finding it difficult to lower their expectations to maybe making the playoffs from their previous expectations of automatic promotion. I think this is feeding into the hysteria about what is an atrocious run of form. So maybe people have moved on from 'expectations' to thinking promotion this season was a right.

If you are suggesting O'Neill failed partly because of unrealistic expectations at Sunderland, then can you imagine the expectation levels should he return here?

I'd like to see him return but not as the risen messiah but as an experienced manager with a good track record.

We'd have to drop the hero worship or it would be doomed from the start.

People saying O'Neill left us in the lurch are being more than a little harsh.

He kncoked back Tottenham and Leeds during his time, albeit for more money from us, and left only when Celtic came calling. You need to recognise how big a job Celtic was for a Catholic from Northern Ireland, it was absolutely massive.

People saying O'Neill left us in the lurch are being more than a little harsh.

He kncoked back Tottenham and Leeds during his time, albeit for more money from us, and left only when Celtic came calling. You need to recognise how big a job Celtic was for a Catholic from Northern Ireland, it was absolutely massive.

He also wasn't promised funds to continue building the team and probably suspected it would start to be dismantled.

People forget how grasping and moneygrabbing Leicester boards used to be before the Raksriaksorns. (or whatever they are called now)

I don't think expecting a team which avoided relegation in previous seasons and in addition the owner has pumped in £100m of which O'Neill has spent a good amount, to avoid relegation is a stupid expectation.

They're playing well below themselves and the downturn coincides with some key O'Neill inputs, including saying very publicly that the playing squad lacks quality.

Apparently there has also been a complete regression in tactics this season has seen them play pretty poorly throughout.

Along with that he doesn't look like he has the fight to turn the slide around & with Villa fighting for results & Wigan doing what they always do... it's very dodgy for him.

Even though I think the timing is wrong & his replacement a potential disaster.

This new TV deal of £3bn plus rises of up to 600% in overseas deal is making some owners act pretty frantically.

Of course he didn't leave us in the lurch. He left us with a fine squad and millions in the bank.

Any decent manager could've followed it up and been stable in the Premier League until the move to the new stadium.

I think fans would have expected to do better than previous years, just like any fan would when a new manager comes in, so he has been a failure.

I don't think expecting a team which avoided relegation in previous seasons and in addition the owner has pumped in £100m of which O'Neill has spent a good amount, to avoid relegation is a stupid expectation.

They're playing well below themselves and the downturn coincides with some key O'Neill inputs, including saying very publicly that the playing squad lacks quality.

Apparently there has also been a complete regression in tactics this season has seen them play pretty poorly throughout.

Along with that he doesn't look like he has the fight to turn the slide around & with Villa fighting for results & Wigan doing what they always do... it's very dodgy for him.

Even though I think the timing is wrong & his replacement a potential disaster.

This new TV deal of £3bn plus rises of up to 600% in overseas deal is making some owners act pretty frantically.

O'Neill has spent about £18 million of your figure, hardly a kings ransom by Premiership standards.

Sunderland have only finished above 11th once since returning to the top flight. They were only 5 pts of that when removing Martin.

They are the facts, I think! The rest of your post is opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to hold.

My opinion is that whoever decided Martin should go is a first class pillock.

O'Neill has spent about £18 million of your figure, hardly a kings ransom by Premiership standards.

Sunderland have only finished above 11th once since returning to the top flight. They were only 5 pts of that when removing Martin.

They are the facts, I think! The rest of your post is opinion, which you are perfectly entitled to hold.

My opinion is that whoever decided Martin should go is a first class pillock.

I didn't think he should go.

But I do think something isn't right with him there.

His outcry about the players could have proved as disastrous as that Hull muppet giving the players a bollocking at HT on the pitch.

O'Neill was all about the motivation, but he doesn't look like he can motivate himself at the moment, never mind 25 men to get them out of the hole they're sliding in to.

Recent uncharacteristic weirdness aside, the sacking & replacement a total joke.

His outcry about the players could have proved as disastrous as that Hull muppet giving the players a bollocking at HT on the pitch.

O'Neill was all about the motivation, but he doesn't look like he can motivate himself at the moment, never mind 25 men to get them out of the whole they're sliding in to.

Recent uncharacteristic weirdness aside, the sacking & replacement a total joke.

100% agree that he's never looked as happy as we've become accustomed to.

O'Neill was all about the motivation, but he doesn't look like he can motivate himself at the moment, never mind 25 men to get them out of the hole they're sliding in to.

That muppet took a team on the verge of relegation to league 1 into the premiership, thats a muppet thesedays is it?

That muppet took a team on the verge of relegation to league 1 into the premiership, thats a muppet thesedays is it?

No, but that moment saw a downturn in form which ended up with 1 win in 15 and him being placed on gardening leave... it's that specific action I mentioned that made him a muppet.

Archived