Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Martin O'Neill to Leeds?

Ha ha...bet that had a few people worried !!

Simple point here.

I have followed O'Neill's career since he left Leicester and I have passively supported any club he has been at. I will always have massive respect for the bloke and I think this respect could survive an unsuccessful second spell at Leicester.

But...I will find it really hard to keep this respect and affection if he signs for Leeds!

He isn't going to the championship.

Could be next England manager especially if they lose their next qualifying match.

He'll retire IMO.

Everyone has there opinion and on this one I disagree. He's to young to retire. He has just come back from a long holiday. But it will hurt him that he had the sack.

You'd lose respect for him, just because he signed for another club?

Can't see him going anywhere to be honest.

No, I've kept respect and affection for him wherever he's been. But I would not like it if he went to Leeds, especially when the Leicester job might be available. Leeds appeared a better prospect back in 1998 but not now surely?

your a grade A **** for trolling with topic titles

Oh come on...the place needs lightening up !!

If I remember correctly, he nearly signed for them when he was with us , saying they were a massive club ( presumably this meant we weren't in comparison)

They was a big club at the time. But I also feel the board handled it wrong and refused Leeds to talk to him and it left a sour taste in his mouth. Although when we allowed Pearson to talk too hull he took it the wrong way and thought the club didn't want him so he went.

You can't win either way

I can see him going there for a few reasons.

1) to succeed where his mentor Clough failed.

2) because we put up a fight to stop him speaking to them and there could be a feeling of "what if" had he taken over them at that time.

They was a big club at the time. But I also feel the board handled it wrong and refused Leeds to talk to him and it left a sour taste in his mouth. Although when we allowed Pearson to talk too hull he took it the wrong way and thought the club didn't want him so he went.

You can't win either way

i think they still are a massive club albeit having fell on rather difficult times . They will re emerge again some time though with the right manager and backing.

you're spot on about not winning either way though :D

I can see him going there for a few reasons.

1) to succeed where his mentor Clough failed.

2) because we put up a fight to stop him speaking to them and there could be a feeling of "what if" had he taken over them at that time.

I feel you might be right here. He's more likely to go to Leeds than come back to us or go to Forest, i've always thought he'd end up at Leeds.

61 is too young to retire look at Sir Alex Ferguson etc.

SAF hasn't just been sacked... Hasn't lived with with a cancer stricken wife who he's had to put on the 'back burner' at various times through his career

MoN has made enough money, he can earn pocket money appearing on the Beeb from time to time - He had an affinity with Sunderland, this will hurt... he won't take this job... although he's been linked with Leeds since he was with us... and through his time with Celtic.

One thing's for certain is that after turning us down a couple of times now, he won't be coming back here.

As is the fashion with sacked managers I'd presume Sunderland will carry on paying him anyway meaning he won't be rushing anywhere.

Before we all end up in tears should he not come back perhaps people should have a quick read of this:

http://www.guardian....lure-sunderland

All true . I got lambasted on here for daring to have the opinion that O'Neil is past his best and was at his peak with us at Leicester. Truth is he failed at Villa and now Sunderland. To come back here would be a dissaster for him and us.

Archived