Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Happy Clapping

But people that want him out are the ones repeatedly starting the same threads. It's them bringing up 'the old arguments'. Col posed a fair question though. 'You guys' can't just keep doing that in a we're-right-you're-wrong manner and then not actually have anything to bring to the table when people still disagree.

To us though, it seems that the Pearsonites are the ones doing that.

That`s what i mean, we just go round and round,having the same old arguments, it`s time we agree to disagree, and ride out the rest of the season, and see what happens.

It`s all getting a bit boring now, to be honest.

I just wondered how the happy clappers would feel and what they post if we finish up not even making the play-offs?

I won't name names, but some have continued to argue that Pearson is the right man for the job and that 'he'll turn it around', for weeks.

Any criticism of how we are playing has been met with sarcasm and sometimes vitriol.

Will you feel differently should we not get top six this season? And continue to support the manager? Or will even you concede that we've 'shit-out' this season?

It's all hypothetical of course, but it looks like we are gonna be 8th by tonight.

I'm just interested to see what the views of the 'glass half full' men are gonna be if we don't make it? And indeed, what your views are now?

Some people support the people who work for our club? Heaven forbid.

To us though, it seems that the Pearsonites are the ones doing that.

That`s what i mean, we just go round and round,having the same old arguments, it`s time we agree to disagree, and ride out the rest of the season, and see what happens.

It`s all getting a bit boring now, to be honest.

I get that, obviously it seems like that to the other group but refer to my first line. It's not us starting threads about it every day.

In reply to happy fox, I agree any change from Nigel Pearson would probably be a positive move, but I haven't followed mark Hughes career but what I can think of is yes he has managed at the top, but has been sacked from most if not all of them, and if he was that good why is he still unemployed, not saying he's bad just average.

I am with you a change is needed, Nigel's had his chance and its time for him to go, but like everyone I would like a manager here who is proven and good enough, but for me Hughes and the likes of warnock wouldn't be a step forward, but I may be proved wrong, I hope so we need something positive to happen to our club.

Pros:

-Played some excellent stuff this year

-Signing young players instead of money grabbers

-Good manager for moving into an FFP environment

-would have another summer to improve his squad and clear off some deadwood

Cons:

-this run has been horrific

-thrown away our best promotion chance in years

-some very odd substitutions and square pegs in round holes

-questionable tactics

For me the pros outweigh the cons. I, and most 'happy clappers' aren't blind to the negatives, we'd just rather focus on the positives. I'm fed up of all the upheaval too, would be nice for us to have a c

prolonged spell with the same management. More then anything the bottom line for me is that I believe we can achieve promotion under NP.

In truth we could arguably say this is 'the Leicester way' all football fans can be fickle and 'happy clappers' as Col states, just show blind faith. The reality is opinions on a forum will range across the spectrum. All of those opinions will be valid to that individual and whatever banter,abuse or in some cases vitriol is spouted, the one thing that is totally unquestionable is that we all are Leicester fans.

I know Col includes me in the 'Happy Clapper' brigade due to my positive outlook and understandably so. The truth is I have to remain positive because success for our club is what we all want surely?

Having been through some dire football,managers and terrible relegation seasons as well as the good times, a season with promise, albeit faltering is still exciting.

I am bitterly disappointed with NP and our players for their performances over the last 2 months but it won't stop me supporting our club and hoping now that we can regain our form, get back into the playoffs and win them!

If we fail to get into the playoffs then I am sure the owners will part company with NP and I will back the new Manager because I support Leicester City.

I will remain an advocate of stability and personally feel that NP has done some very good things here, however if he hasn't got a 3 year plan agreement and it was clearly... you must achieve promotion this season, then it's an inevitable outcome!

The realist in me tells me this season has gone into meltdown, then the optimist will say 2 points with 4 games to play is nothing :P

COYB :chant:

This sums it up. Do you not read my posts? Or many peoples for that matter? I've never denied he's ****ed things up, he has yes, from the position we were in at the time we shouldn't have sunk this low. Yet you still treat me like a 'happy clapper'. This is it right here, Col.

Another indictment is the 'bit late now' comment. You truly are going into each season expecting promotion right there and then, aren't you? With Sven, Pearson, whoever's next, you'll be expecting big things instantly. I'm not really surprised. I think that's where our expectations have drifted off though.

That's shows you clearly don't read my posts.

I've constantly predicted 7th.

That doesn't mean I can't and won't say I'm disappointed in Pearson though, given we were 2nd.

You really are posting some nonsense tonight Haydos. Unlike you to be fair.

In truth we could arguably say this is 'the Leicester way' all football fans can be fickle and 'happy clappers' as Col states, just show blind faith. The reality is opinions on a forum will range across the spectrum. All of those opinions will be valid to that individual and whatever banter,abuse or in some cases vitriol is spouted, the one thing that is totally unquestionable is that we all are Leicester fans.

I know Col includes me in the 'Happy Clapper' brigade due to my positive outlook and understandably so. The truth is I have to remain positive because success for our club is what we all want surely?

Having been through some dire football,managers and terrible relegation seasons as well as the good times, a season with promise, albeit faltering is still exciting.

I am bitterly disappointed with NP and our players for their performances over the last 2 months but it won't stop me supporting our club and hoping now that we can regain our form, get back into the playoffs and win them!

If we fail to get into the playoffs then I am sure the owners will part company with NP and I will back the new Manager because I support Leicester City.

I will remain an advocate of stability and personally feel that NP has done some very good things here, however if he hasn't got a 3 year plan agreement and it was clearly... you must achieve promotion this season, then it's an inevitable outcome!

The realist in me tells me this season has gone into meltdown, then the optimist will say 2 points with 4 games to play is nothing :P

COYB :chant:

Your posts actually don't bother me at all mate. In fact i find them funny most of the time. But I'm sure you know that anyway.

Reason being, you just refuse to not remain optimistic and have stuck to your line whatever. I commend you for that.

What you don't do is to keep making the same old rubbish excuses, whatever has happened and however we've played. I know that you are disappointed in how things have gone, but simply take it on the chin and move on. i.e. you don't even try to bullshit but just remain happy. That's a more refreshing attitude than those who continually try to find excuses.

I'm also sure that you know I'd bloody love it if we could sneak into the play-offs. But I don't think we will unfortunately. As I said earlier this week, there's a mile of difference between hope and expectation. You can have one without the other.

:thumbup:

Your 'happy clapping' actually doesn't bother me at all mate. But I'm sure you know that anyway.

Reason being, you just refuse to not remain optimistic and have stuck to your line whatever. I commend you for that.

What you don't do is to keep making the same old rubbish excuses, whatever has happened and however we've played. I know that you are disappointed in how things have gone, but simply take it on the chin and move on. i.e. you don't even try to bullshit but just remain happy. That's a more refreshing attitude than those who continually try to find excuses.

I know mate, but believe me, I like the majority was devastated last night.Nuge had a terrible rush of blood, made a schoolboy error and that cost us 2 points, devastating! What I refuse to do is stop hoping/believing.I can see the problems as do most, however hindsight is always a powerful ally for a lot of people. It looks like your season long prediction of 7th is more likely than us getting into the play offs and winning them. I'm happier though thinking massive game Tuesday, beat Bolton and Boro' decide to come out of their diabolical slump and we're back in the play offs lol

No, I understood your post completely.

Instead of having a personal dig at me.. extract yourself from nigels rectum and smell the aroma of the brazilian bean, players are bought, then after a period in contact with mr. pearson they become fookin shight.. I think you will find a pattern there..

That's shows you clearly don't read my posts.

I've constantly predicted 7th.

That doesn't mean I can't and won't say I'm disappointed in Pearson though, given we were 2nd.

You really are posting some nonsense tonight Haydos. Unlike you to be fair.

So basically....You're criticizing Pearson for performing above expectations and then performing to your expectations...Confusing much?

I think the problem me and many others (including Haydos) are having with you at the moment is not your opinion, but your responses.

Instead of replying to questions from a 'happy clapper' (I asked who you would replace NP with and you did not reply), you attempt to insult them.

It is rather ironic really...you refer to people who support pearson as 'happy clappers', saying that they cannot see what he is doing wrong, how much he has cost us etc...Well to me you sound the complete opposite, in fact an 'Unhappy clapper', taking the stance that NP can do no right, and should be abject from any praise.

I'm not really well known on here like yourself, and I used to have a lot of respect for your opinions, but this is just silly.

You're attitude and responses remind me a lot of Ed Miliband's labour party. Full of criticism for any opposition to your opinions, but have no solutions to the problems yourself.

So basically....You're criticizing Pearson for performing above expectations and then performing to your expectations...Confusing much?

I think the problem me and many others (including Haydos) are having with you at the moment is not your opinion, but your responses.

Instead of replying to questions from a 'happy clapper' (I asked who you would replace NP with and you did not reply), you attempt to insult them.

It is rather ironic really...you refer to people who support pearson as 'happy clappers', saying that they cannot see what he is doing wrong, how much he has cost us etc...Well to me you sound the complete opposite, in fact an 'Unhappy clapper', taking the stance that NP can do no right, and should be abject from any praise.

I'm not really well known on here like yourself, and I used to have a lot of respect for your opinions, but this is just silly.

You're attitude and responses remind me a lot of Ed Miliband's labour party. Full of criticism for any opposition to your opinions, but have no solutions to the problems yourself.

Again a daft response I'm afraid.

I've suggested plenty of solutions over the season. Indeed during the first few weeks.

But forget it, I'm clearly insulting you? And we just go round in circles. The reason why I respond to you in the way I do us because you post some garbage. Oh.. And LENNON as I've said approximately twenty times...beginning in the 'who would you replace Pearson with' thread, another one you clearly haven't read.

Finally, thanks for respecting my opinions.. I suggest that that was because they went along with your way of thinking at the time. Now they don't, you don't. If you catch my drift.

Again a daft response I'm afraid.

I've suggested plenty of solutions over the season. Indeed during the first few weeks.

But forget it, I'm clearly insulting you? And we just go round in circles. The reason why I respond to you in the way I do us because you post some garbage. Oh.. And LENNON as I've said approximately twenty times...beginning in the 'who would you replace Pearson with' thread, another one you clearly haven't read.

Finally, thanks for respecting my opinions.. I suggest that that was because they went along with your way of thinking at the time. Now they don't, you don't. If you catch my drift.

Well it appears that my 'daft response' is not as daft as you believe. I said that you begin by just throwing insults at others....and you have proved me right with your first sentence.

Your response with Lennon is an interesting one. Maybe if he was interested he could persuade some ex-players to join the coaching side (Gary Parker, Matt Elliot, Walshy, Izzet, Taggart etc.)

But lets face it....why would Lennon choose the championship over the champions league?

And now....as i finish this post let me draw your attention to something which I find amusing....and i quote.....

"Finally, thanks for respecting my opinions.. I suggest that that was because they went along with your way of thinking at the time. Now they don't, you don't. If you catch my drift."

Is that not the way Opinions work my friend? Agree when you have the same thoughts, disagree when they differ?

Now I respect the fact that trying to interpret a piece of writing over the internet can be misleading, but what i can infer from that sentence is that i should be agreeing with you, and that disagreement with your opinions is disrespectful.

But Hey ho!

#KeyboardWarrior

Well it appears that my 'daft response' is not as daft as you believe. I said that you begin by just throwing insults at others....and you have proved me right with your first sentence.

Your response with Lennon is an interesting one. Maybe if he was interested he could persuade some ex-players to join the coaching side (Gary Parker, Matt Elliot, Walshy, Izzet, Taggart etc.)

But lets face it....why would Lennon choose the championship over the champions league?

And now....as i finish this post let me draw your attention to something which I find amusing....and i quote.....

"Finally, thanks for respecting my opinions.. I suggest that that was because they went along with your way of thinking at the time. Now they don't, you don't. If you catch my drift."

Is that not the way Opinions work my friend? Agree when you have the same thoughts, disagree when they differ?

Now I respect the fact that trying to interpret a piece of writing over the internet can be misleading, but what i can infer from that sentence is that i should be agreeing with you, and that disagreement with your opinions is disrespectful.

But Hey ho!

#KeyboardWarrior

1. Why all the big gaps between your paragraphs?

2. Why wouldn't Lennon come here? The challenge of getting Leicester promoted is much bigger than the challenge of winning the SPL. If he wants a challenge, he'd get that here.

3. Given what some people on here (including your mate Haydos) call each other, I'd suggest that calling a response daft (when it was) is small potatoes. You need to grow a pair my friend. Or does that insult you too?

If you are generally satisfied with how Leicester City are playing currently and feel that Pearson should stay, simply say so. That was the question I asked in the OP. Anything else is swerving the question to make a point. I can see right through ya.. :thumbup:

What happens if he does it next year? Do people start sucking him off again? Awkward for people who openly hate the man.

hate's the wrong word the 2 words from me is don't rate . oh by the way have never rated him even in 1st spell and never liked him but not hate. pearson out

1. Why all the big gaps between your paragraphs?

2. Why wouldn't Lennon come here? The challenge of getting Leicester promoted is much bigger than the challenge of winning the SPL. If he wants a challenge, he'd get that here.

3. Given what some people on here (including your mate Haydos) call each other, I'd suggest that calling a response daft (when it was) is small potatoes. You need to grow a pair my friend. Or does that insult you too?

If you are generally satisfied with how Leicester City are playing currently and feel that Pearson should stay, simply say so. That was the question I asked in the OP. Anything else is swerving the question to make a point. I can see right through ya.. :thumbup:

1. Why not?

2. Using your logic...why wouldn't Lennon join Hinckley? Much bigger challenge to get them promoted than winning the SPL. If he wants a challenge, he would get that there.

3. Haydos is not my 'mate'. I cannot remember ever replying to one of his posts, whether to agree or disagree until now.

As for the insults....I never said they insulted me, i just made the point that they were insults. For example.... I am Caucasian and hate racist slang towards the asian community, 1 of my asian friends just laughs it off and doesn't really feel insulted by the racial insults....however another one of my asian friends acts totally differently, and feels insulted by any such remarks.

I never once said that your insults offend me..and therefore do not understand that 'need to grow a pair comment'. I was just questioning your ability to debate, as instead of arguing my point of view with evidence to back up your suggestions, you just throw around insults.

As for whether I am happy or not with our current manager, i believe I have already answered that.

1. Why not?

2. Using your logic...why wouldn't Lennon join Hinckley? Much bigger challenge to get them promoted than winning the SPL. If he wants a challenge, he would get that there.

3. Haydos is not my 'mate'. I cannot remember ever replying to one of his posts, whether to agree or disagree until now.

As for the insults....I never said they insulted me, i just made the point that they were insults. For example.... I am Caucasian and hate racist slang towards the asian community, 1 of my asian friends just laughs it off and doesn't really feel insulted by the racial insults....however another one of my asian friends acts totally differently, and feels insulted by any such remarks.

I never once said that your insults offend me..and therefore do not understand that 'need to grow a pair comment'. I was just questioning your ability to debate, as instead of arguing my point of view with evidence to back up your suggestions, you just throw around insults.

As for whether I am happy or not with our current manager, i believe I have already answered that.

I'm more than willing and able to debate something I feel worth debating. As many of my posts suggest.

Yours aren't IMO. So I didn't.

I'm more than willing and able to debate something I feel worth debating. As many of my posts suggest.

Yours aren't IMO. So I didn't.

Roughly translated to......

"I am willing to debate on circumstances when i know my opinion is correct, as with your posts however, I have been proved wrong and have decided to stop digging and focus my attention on crafting a ladder to get myself out of this hole."

Earlier in this thread I asked who you would replace Pearson with and why it would benefit us.....

all you said was - "LENNON".

Roughly translated to......

"I am willing to debate on circumstances when i know my opinion is correct, as with your posts however, I have been proved wrong and have decided to stop digging and focus my attention on crafting a ladder to get myself out of this hole."

Earlier in this thread I asked who you would replace Pearson with and why it would benefit us.....

all you said was - "LENNON".

If you like.. Over and out

Archived