Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Happy Clapping

You want to give him next season and if he fails to make the play offs again it may be worth thinking of changing the manager ?

You also think this is a strong division ?

unbelievable.

1. I want to give him next season, yeah. No point in changing manager just yet.

2. Yeah. Prior to the season starting I thought (at least) 15 clubs were good enough to challenge for the play offs.

No, genius, the potential that got us up to 2nd in the table after a reasonably short time at the club.

Why is the 1 win in 14 important but 2 x 5 game winning streaks not? lol Some of you people are ridiculous!

So you are happy that in 32 games this season we have picked up 31 points then.

I take it you are not bothered that we have won one game in the last 14 either.

Fair enough, the standards you are happy with from the city, are not as high as mine then. :eek:

I don't think NP is the man for the job that doesn't mean I don't support Leicester City I want what is best for them and getting rid of NP and appointing a manager that has both prem and championship experience could do the trick in helping us get promotion imo with the side that has NP has layed foundations to akin to what he did at Hull but Steve Bruce establishing that transition that NP was unable to do.

Why people want to sack the manager now is beyond me. Do you think it will help now?

If you want Pearson gone at the end of the season then I'll respect your opinion but I won't do so if you feel it would be a good idea to bring someone new in now.

Before I start i'll say I want Pearson here next season.

BUT you could argue if the plan is to sack Pearson at the end of the season, why wait? It's clear we're not going up, Get a new manager in give him 4 games, 4 competative games as a mini season, a pre-pre-season, to see what he has got to play with and give him a better idea of where needs strengething and what needs to be worked and changed on over the summer and pre-season rather than sacking Pearson at the end of the season getting a new manager in, coming in blind, not knowing anything about the team, whats needs to be worked on, relationships needing to be made quick, a no excuses of the team needs to gel or the manager needs to gel with his players, e.t.c

Because there is an excuse for a new manager/fans before we even start next season if Pearson were to be sacked over the summer - gelling.

• Clubs that change managers every time the going gets tough tend to fail. Look at Blackburn.

• If we sack NFP now, we'll get a reputation as a revolving door club with trigger happy management. Any quality manager would be reluctant to become part of that.

• There is no-one else currently available that I would consider an improvement (spare me the rubbish about MON coming back, it aint gonna happen).

• We should have won the last two games. There are other games we should have won earlier this season and didn't.

• We are definitely in a poor run but we are not being thrashed 4-0 and 5-0. As disappointing as the draw was yesterday, we weren't abject.

• From the little that I was able to see, we looked brilliant when it all came together in the winning runs.

• Nigel Pearson has built a team which appears to be young and is developing, so I'm not sure that starting again from scratch is the right idea.

• The desire to change the manager is symptomatic of an "I want it all, I want it now" culture that doesn't appreciate that if you want something, sometimes it takes time, patience and hard work. I genuinely get the feeling that some of our supporters are, well, a bit spoilt.

For these reasons, even if we don't reach the playoffs, I think we should give Nigel Pearson another season.

Happy Clappper and Proud.

This :thumbup:

Your final paragraph is this threads 'raison d'être and you've sussed 'my agenda'.

I agree buddy..

:thumbup:

lol

What alternatives are there? This is one thing that all you 'negative nancies' can't seem to provide an answer to.

And I'm far from keen of the suggestions of Mark Hughes or Roy Keane.

Happy Clappers??

You mean fans which actually support the club no matter who is in charge?

You can make some good points on here, but this is just ridiculous. Referring to fans who back the club as 'Happy Clapper' is just a joke.

As much as a lot of us would love O'Neill....he hasn't really impressed me since he left. Spent a lot of money....which we now don't have. Mcdermott would have been my replacement, but he has gone Leeds.

Would be nice to see what would actually happen if we gave a manager more than one season.

In fact...when you look at our squad and 1st team, how many have actually played a full season around the first team?

I know that Wood, drinkwater, james, knocky, marshall, de laet, keane have not. So why do expect to be challenging for Promotion when we have so little experience in the side?

Big Nige knows where we are at...of course he is going to say the right things about aiming to get promotion etc....but he is well aware of the fact that we are not quite ready yet.

So you are happy that in 32 games this season we have picked up 31 points then.

I take it you are not bothered that we have won one game in the last 14 either.

Fair enough, the standards you are happy with from the city, are not as high as mine then. :eek:

Stop ignoring things to suit you, it's embarrassing.

Where have I said I'm happy? I've explicitly said I'm disappointed.

Where have I said I'm not bothered about winning only once in 14 games? I'm just mentioned that it's laughable that you don't think our 2 x 5 winning runs aren't worthy of acclaim.

Pearson will be gone whatever happens.

The way I see it is, if we don't finish in the play offs, he'll be sacked.

If by some miracle we make the Play Offs, and go up (lol), he'll be sacked. Purely for the fact of how we struggled to get up.

But, all we can do is support them. So stay positive and realise that it's only a game :D

im sure I heard,most probably rumour that when he signed it was to get us up by this seasons end.

If he does he has acheived ,If he doesn't he has failed.Simple as that.

Considering where we were 14 games ago,its not been good enough.This is the business end of the season,where it happens,where you earn your money,where the pressure is,where it counts.Still time but you shouldn't faulter like we have.Still time,but boy will it be hard.

We finished on 66pts last year.We could be going backwards.

• Clubs that change managers every time the going gets tough tend to fail. Look at Blackburn.

Not strictly true. See Real / Chelsea / Spurs etc. vs. Wigan / Crewe etc.

• If we sack NFP now, we'll get a reputation as a revolving door club with trigger happy management. Any quality manager would be reluctant to become part of that.

He's had the best part of two seasons! That's over the average modern day managerial tenure!

• There is no-one else currently available that I would consider an improvement (spare me the rubbish about MON coming back, it aint gonna happen).

Well O'Neill will probably have to take a job in the second tier now, so no it's not that unthinkable. As for managers who have previously won promotion from this league, there's Curbishley, Di Matteo, Keane etc. all among the names mentioned. I'm not a fan of all of them, but they have one major advantage over NP on their CVs.

• We should have won the last two games. There are other games we should have won earlier this season and didn't.

And plenty we shouldn't have won but did, see Middlesbrough / Wolves.

• We are definitely in a poor run but we are not being thrashed 4-0 and 5-0. As disappointing as the draw was yesterday, we weren't abject.

It was unspectacular to say the least. And the fact that our long run of poor results has been a long run of miserable draws and narrow defeats doesn't deflect from it being one of the worst runs in our club's history.

• From the little that I was able to see, we looked brilliant when it all came together in the winning runs.

Sides generally do look good when they are winning. We beat Sheffield United 4-2 in 2005 and everyone loved Craig Levein for a day.

• Nigel Pearson has built a team which appears to be young and is developing, so I'm not sure that starting again from scratch is the right idea.

Developing? How have Marshall, Knockaert, Vardy, Futacs and Drinkwater developed? And what about Schlupp, who he's desperate to get rid of?

• The desire to change the manager is symptomatic of an "I want it all, I want it now" culture that doesn't appreciate that if you want something, sometimes it takes time, patience and hard work. I genuinely get the feeling that some of our supporters are, well, a bit spoilt.

Our supporters spoilt?! What, with the past nine years we've had of quality football and value for money? Yes, after the worst period in our club's entire history I'm sure we're spoilt.

We've shit out this season like a couple of seasons before. The difference is we have spent much more money so expectations have risen (from owners and fans). They rose with Sven and they have risen with NP.

Yes we've played shit football but every team does at some point, instant success is not possible. Why sack Pearson when he's built a team of promising young players that have shown themselves to be capable of playing excellent football (and he has an excellent relationship with Man Utd)? It's stupid.

I'll continue to support him because I'm not a fickle ****.

Well thats alright then, lets give him a five year contract!

This is mega - the admiration for a man who last achieved sometng four years ago is highly impressive. Lets forget he walked out on us, failed miserably at Hull and is now on a million a year. Lets forget he falls out with all his players and destroys their confidence so even the good ones look pants, and lets finally forget that he cannot handle the pressure, two seasons running at City he has bottled it last quarter of the season.

Once he got us promoted from Div 3 - but hes better than Micky Adams who got out of this division with a 12 point margin over third place- give it up guys, Nige is a loser who has lost the plot - doesn't make him a horrible man, just not really cut out for a job at this level.

Stop ignoring things to suit you, it's embarrassing.

Where have I said I'm happy? I've explicitly said I'm disappointed.

Where have I said I'm not bothered about winning only once in 14 games? I'm just mentioned that it's laughable that you don't think our 2 x 5 winning runs aren't worthy of acclaim.

You are absolutely right Haydos, i should certainly acknowledge those 2 five game winning runs, because without them, we would be staring at league one football again!

Before I start i'll say I want Pearson here next season.

BUT you could argue if the plan is to sack Pearson at the end of the season, why wait? It's clear we're not going up, Get a new manager in give him 4 games, 4 competative games as a mini season, a pre-pre-season, to see what he has got to play with and give him a better idea of where needs strengething and what needs to be worked and changed on over the summer and pre-season rather than sacking Pearson at the end of the season getting a new manager in, coming in blind, not knowing anything about the team, whats needs to be worked on, relationships needing to be made quick, a no excuses of the team needs to gel or the manager needs to gel with his players, e.t.c

Because there is an excuse for a new manager/fans before we even start next season if Pearson were to be sacked over the summer - gelling.

Disagree. I still think there's a slim chance, to say we can't do it is an exaggeration IMO.

If we definitely couldn't go up then I'd agree as it would be good to give a new manager time to prepare in a "pre-pre-season." However, I still think it's possible for us to make the POs this season so I want him to stay. If we lose against Bolton I may change my mind and support your idea.

Happy Clappers??

You mean fans which actually support the club no matter who is in charge?

You can make some good points on here, but this is just ridiculous. Referring to fans who back the club as 'Happy Clapper' is just a joke.

As much as a lot of us would love O'Neill....he hasn't really impressed me since he left. Spent a lot of money....which we now don't have. Mcdermott would have been my replacement, but he has gone Leeds.

Would be nice to see what would actually happen if we gave a manager more than one season.

In fact...when you look at our squad and 1st team, how many have actually played a full season around the first team?

I know that Wood, drinkwater, james, knocky, marshall, de laet, keane have not. So why do expect to be challenging for Promotion when we have so little experience in the side?

Big Nige knows where we are at...of course he is going to say the right things about aiming to get promotion etc....but he is well aware of the fact that we are not quite ready yet.

Again, you're confusing a fan who doubts the manager with a fan who doesn't support the team.

And 'why expect promotion with so little experience' - don't we have two ex-England internationals and four further current internationals in the side? How many Championship sides have that experience? And the age argument - we lost to a younger side against Derby, so that's no excuse. NP assembled the side with the objective of achieving promotion and if it goes wrong then he'll have few complaints at losing his job.

He had most of last season and has had all of this season. That counts as 'more than one season'. He's had longer than the two previous managers combined.

As I've pointed out, the managers who we've let go of in less than that eighteen months have, in pretty much every case, failed to convince elsewhere. Meanwhile, the three most successful spells in our club's recent history came after we lost managers who'd served less than twelve months in charge. The argument that sticking with Taylor / Bassett / Levein / Kelly / Allen / Megson / Holloway / Sousa would have reaped dividends simply doesn't hold.

And finally... you would have taken McDermott over O'Neill? Jesus.

So much negativity.

Oh I'm not all that negative, considering we're on one of the biggest slides in our history. It can still be done WITH Pearson and, if it isn't, I believe it will be done with or without him next season. In that respect I'm a happy clapper too. But anyone who suggests he's doing a good job right now, should be excused for what's gone wrong, and has met expectations is outrageously deluded.

This is mega - the admiration for a man who last achieved sometng four years ago is highly impressive. Lets forget he walked out on us, failed miserably at Hull and is now on a million a year. Lets forget he falls out with all his players and destroys their confidence so even the good ones look pants, and lets finally forget that he cannot handle the pressure, two seasons running at City he has bottled it last quarter of the season.

Once he got us promoted from Div 3 - but hes better than Micky Adams who got out of this division with a 12 point margin over third place- give it up guys, Nige is a loser who has lost the plot - doesn't make him a horrible man, just not really cut out for a job at this level.

walked out on us???

He was pushed out...What owner would give the manager the right to discuss a contract with another club if they wanted them to stay???

And as for saying he failed at hull....

He signed chester, hobbs, fryatt, koren, evans, who are all key players for them, and chester, evans and koren have been pretty much selected in their first 11 all season.

Pearson was signed by hull to clear out all the deadwood, he did this and left hull in the top 2 before he rejoined us.. to suggest he failed is an absolute joke.

I have no problem with people saying NP out....but at least have valid reasons, and the suggestion of a suitable replacement.

Who could we get?

Warnock - no better

Hughes - wastes money and would not suit us

keane - hell no

O'Neill - doubtful he would come back, and doubt he would even do a better job

mcleish - lol

Di matteo - From champions league to championship? imagination is a wonderful thing.

curbishley - will need at least a season to get back into the swing of things.

Powell - Wouldn't leave charlton.

If we were gonna get rid of him, we should have brought in Adkins or Mcdermott. There is no one out there who would consider joining us who is actually better than NP

I wonder why - 8 points from 13 games - Sven wasnt good enough with 19 from 13 so WTF is going on?

Or we could try and generate some positive vibes and get behind the team for the last 4 games. If you're unhappy with Pearson, support him to the end of the season and if we don't go up, he's gone.

I back Pearson but I accept whatever happens is in his own hands and ultimately comes down to him and the questionable decisions he has made. For me both sides of the argument go way over the top, our fans take it to the extreme and it feels almost as if there is a separation, we don't need it, the team doesn't need it. My only hope is that if we somehow do make the play offs, we go in with a lot less expectation as anything higher than 7th will feel like a result from nothing (we shouldn't be in this position, we only have ourselves to blame).

The way I see it is, how can anybody stand by this current form, I really don't how anybody can defend this kind of form, we were top two not so long ago, and now we are 8th staring down the barrel of missing out on the play-offs, after such hard work and good football for a good majority of the season, to mess it up late on is sickening.

I've defended Pearson for so long, but now I'm doubting him, over his ideas of tactics and sticking by certain players despite poor form, and dropping players just after one error in a game. His tactics lately have been clueless, 4-3-3 formation hasn't worked and it will probably never work, especially with two strikers, who should be playing down the middle, are pushed out wide, Nugent and Wood are playing on the wing, when they are not wingers. On Soccer Saturday today, they were on about Podolski at Arsenal, getting played out wide, and his performances haven't been great, this is exactly like Nugent. Schlupp shouldn't of never started down the middle last night, lumping up to his head and chest, against Davies hardly ever worked and was frustrating to watch, while Wood did nothing from out wide, and it wasn't really surprising either.

The midfield has no urgency to it at all, at the vocal point of this is the performances of Drinkwater, the way he has played recently, he deserves to be dropped, and the team revert back to 4-4-2 with James and King in the middle. I think he relies on Drinkwater too much, while Nugent has also been off form recently and deserves to be dropped, where is Waghorn, where is Gallagher instead of putting Vardy and Kane on the bench, the fans have seen that they aren't good enough, but why does Pearson insist on sticking by them?

With dropping players just because they did one mistake in a game, is one of the most baffling parts of Pearson's management this season. I really felt sorry for Schlupp when he was playing left-back, he was playing well there, then gives away a penalty against Leeds and gets dropped and we don't see him on the field for months. St Ledger came back played really well against Cardiff, getting praise from fans and Pearson himself, plays bad against Derby, gets dropped then gets loaned out. Also Liam Moore earlier in the season, I thought he was playing well with Wes, gets dropped and we don't see him for ages.

I think quite a few fans have come to the conclusion that Pearson will leave in the summer, especially if we fail to get in the play-offs after having a good season for so long. I think we need new and fresh impetus, by a new manager, with different ideas, something isn't working whether he has lost the dressing room, players aren't playing with their heart on their sleeves, or whether they are physically and mentally drained who knows, but with our remaining games against sides who are fighting for the play-offs, and the way some of them have far more momentum than us, I really can't see us getting another win, Bolton are one of the form teams, and in my opinion are far too good for this division in the first place, Crystal Palace demolished us at the King Power, they haven't been great of late, but if it's anything like our match earlier in the season we will lose, Watford away from home are pretty dangerous despite losing today at Peterborough, while Forest are doing well under Billy Davies, and will also be fighting for the play-offs, plus it's away from home.

Charlton are one place below us now, and have completely demolished Barnsley today, Chris Powell has done a great job with them, and despite being a little bit inexperienced, he has also won a League 1 title, same as Pearson, appointing him or someone like him, if Pearson does go, surely won't be a bad move.

Oh I'm not all that negative, considering we're on one of the biggest slides in our history. It can still be done WITH Pearson and, if it isn't, I believe it will be done with or without him next season. In that respect I'm a happy clapper too. But anyone who suggests he's doing a good job right now, should be excused for what's gone wrong, and has met expectations is outrageously deluded.

I think everyone can see he's not doing a good job. I just think it'd be more beneficial for everyone to rally together for the last 4 games, not saying they'll never go to another game while he's in charge like certain posters.

Archived