Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Happy Clapping

I support the team, the badge, the city, past players to current players and the gaffer. Who ever is in charge I'll back, no man is bigger than the club and as long as my football team has a shirt to wear and a field to play on I'll follow.

I will continue to support him as long as he is representing my club. I'm not blind to see he is making mistakes , but football is a team game and blaming one person does nothing but worsen the situation .

He is the manager, the book stops with any manager, at whatever club.

He is responsible for assembling a squad, picking and motivating the players and making substitutions.

If performaces and results are poor, the manager has to be the one to blame.

It`s all very well saying the players are also to blame, but it is the managers job to get the best out of the players he has, if he isn`t able to do that to any great effect, then he is clearly failing in his job.

The potential that has seen us win one game in 14. The same potential that apart from 2 five game winning streaks, has seen us pick up the staggering 31 points from the other 32 games.

If thats his potential then i`d rather we tried someone else personally!

No, genius, the potential that got us up to 2nd in the table after a reasonably short time at the club.

Why is the 1 win in 14 important but 2 x 5 game winning streaks not? lol Some of you people are ridiculous!

I just wondered how the happy clappers would feel and what they post if we finish up not even making the play-offs?

I won't name names, but some have continued to argue that Pearson is the right man for the job and that 'he'll turn it around', for weeks.

Any criticism of how we are playing has been met with sarcasm and sometimes vitriol.

Will you feel differently should we not get top six this season? And continue to support the manager? Or will even you concede that we've 'shit-out' this season?

It's all hypothetical of course, but it looks like we are gonna be 8th by tonight.

I'm just interested to see what the views of the 'glass half full' men are gonna be if we don't make it? And indeed, what your views are now?

Some of the people criticizing Pearson are also guilty of sarcasm and vitriol, so I don't see why you've bothered to mention it really.

My opinion is that Pearson is the best man to take us forward, I think we should have finished top six (and still could), but even if we don't I think he's the best option in the long term.

Some of the people criticizing Pearson are also guilty of sarcasm and vitriol, so I don't see why you've bothered to mention it really.

My opinion is that Pearson is the best man to take us forward, I think we should have finished top six (and still could), but even if we don't I think he's the best option in the long term.

Col has an agenda so he'll used biased arguments and condescending manner to suit his stance.

I just wondered how the happy clappers would feel and what they post if we finish up not even making the play-offs?

I won't name names, but some have continued to argue that Pearson is the right man for the job and that 'he'll turn it around', for weeks.

Any criticism of how we are playing has been met with sarcasm and sometimes vitriol.

Will you feel differently should we not get top six this season? And continue to support the manager? Or will even you concede that we've 'shit-out' this season?

It's all hypothetical of course, but it looks like we are gonna be 8th by tonight.

I'm just interested to see what the views of the 'glass half full' men are gonna be if we don't make it? And indeed, what your views are now?

Well what would you post of he got us into the playoffs?

If we don't make playoffs then obviously this season will be a big disappointment, to be honest it's been dispointing since the Huddesfield cup game where our bad form began.

Saying whether Pearson is the right man? I do t know, I'd like him to stay next season but wouldn't be surprised if he was gone before the next season.

Your on a wind up.

I don't really like your attitude Col.

You hate positivity and seem to want to depress it as far as possible. The "happy clappers" as you call them accept our position and realise it is now unlikely that we'll make the POs. The difference between them and you is that they resist attacking the players/management and stay behind the team.

It is still possible and while it is I will remain supportive.

I'm far from a 'happy clapper' Col, I certainly give the team stick, but I also support Nigel. I said previous to the season starting, I would have taken a play off place... Due to our own performances/results this season, we were within the top two for a while and expectations obviously changed. But not mine, I still would take a play off place.

Not sure how I feel about potentially not makin the play offs. I mean, I know I'll be gutted (even more so because we were top), but not sure where this will leave Nigel. I hope he is here next season, because I've seen improvements in terms of making the squad stable again. I know all of our players arn't quality, but he has brought in some decent players for us.

I'll hold my hand up and say I have posted saying 'he will turn it around'. It did believe that, but for all our bad performances recently (and there has been a few of those - Barnsley away being the worst I've seen) we also haven't had much 'luck'. I use that term lightly, and in quotations, because I don't really believe in it, but it's just painful to see us conceding last minute goals that have cost us valuable points (Brighton, Millwall, Birmingham) when teams around us seem to score in the last minute (Forest recently). More to do with effort, determination and concentration but that's what I've been clinging onto recently.

Regarding next season, I can't really comment. If Nige is here next season, I suppose there will be a lot of changes in the summer again. I believe we need our squad improving again (left full back and midfield especially). If we weren't to get in the top six next season under Nigel, again, I'm not to sure althought you'd probably have to think about changing the manager then (sadly, again).

I do support any Leicester City manager. But in this instance, I am behind Pearson. I think he has improved the squad, and we have been in our highest position in the league since he was last manager. We played freeflowing, attacking, real football earlier in the season. Not sure where that has gone though.

It is a strong division, and thinking 7th/8th is a poor position in April, surely highlights how decent we have been this season? But Nigel isn't making it easy for himself. I don't understand a number of things, including why our style of play has changed and why he seems to keep our two most creative players (Knockaert, Marshall) on the bench. They need a consistent run in the team; when we were top, we played a nice 442 with width. I'd like us to go back to this. We have some technically gifted players, who, on their day are a match for any player in this league. We need our confidence back.

The potential that has got us enough points to still be in fighting contention for a play off place? The potential that has seen us play some of the best football this club has seen in decades? The potential that has seen some of our players and also our manager make the team of the month and seen our players represent their respective countries? The potential that has seen some of our academy lads step up to the big time? The potential of a team that has battled in the right part of the league throughout the season? Not mentioning it is a team that follows the FFP regulations and gives us hope for the future.

Chin up chaps!

Goodness me, those blue tinted glasses your wearing are certainly making everything seem rosy aint they!

What biased argument have I made in my OP?

You're not one to accuse others of adopting a 'condescending manner' mate..

:thumbup:

The title would suggest you have a problem with people supporting the manager.

• Clubs that change managers every time the going gets tough tend to fail. Look at Blackburn.

• If we sack NFP now, we'll get a reputation as a revolving door club with trigger happy management. Any quality manager would be reluctant to become part of that.

• There is no-one else currently available that I would consider an improvement (spare me the rubbish about MON coming back, it aint gonna happen).

• We should have won the last two games. There are other games we should have won earlier this season and didn't.

• We are definitely in a poor run but we are not being thrashed 4-0 and 5-0. As disappointing as the draw was yesterday, we weren't abject.

• From the little that I was able to see, we looked brilliant when it all came together in the winning runs.

• Nigel Pearson has built a team which appears to be young and is developing, so I'm not sure that starting again from scratch is the right idea.

• The desire to change the manager is symptomatic of an "I want it all, I want it now" culture that doesn't appreciate that if you want something, sometimes it takes time, patience and hard work. I genuinely get the feeling that some of our supporters are, well, a bit spoilt.

For these reasons, even if we don't reach the playoffs, I think we should give Nigel Pearson another season.

Happy Clappper and Proud.

I'm still not calling for Pearson's head, though I'm fairly indifferent to his fate, and I argued strongly in his favour last season - but some of the arguments in his defence have been blinkered. I was shouted down in January for questioning how well we were playing, then in February was told I was an idiot if I thought we wouldn't make the play-offs, then in March people suggested that when we dropped out of the play-offs, okay, we could say his second spell was a failure. Now, apparently, he deserves another crack of it.

I get the sense that some people will never tire of shifting the goalposts. He's screwed up, he's heading for a miserable failure, but he could yet salvage it. We all hope he does. There's an argument to say he should carry on next season even if he doesn't... but people shouldn't be daft enough to suggest that, should that happen, he has done well since returning to the club.

Even worse, there seems to be a set of people who confuse doubting a manager with not supporting the team properly. I'd love to know how many of them are as vocal as I am in supporting the side on match-day.

Pearson will be gone whatever happens.

The way I see it is, if we don't finish in the play offs, he'll be sacked.

If by some miracle we make the Play Offs, and go up (lol), he'll be sacked. Purely for the fact of how we struggled to get up.

But, all we can do is support them. So stay positive and realise that it's only a game :D

• Clubs that change managers every time the going gets tough tend to fail. Look at Blackburn.

• If we sack NFP now, we'll get a reputation as a revolving door club with trigger happy management. Any quality manager would be reluctant to become part of that.

• There is no-one else currently available that I would consider an improvement (spare me the rubbish about MON coming back, it aint gonna happen).

• We should have won the last two games. There are other games we should have won earlier this season and didn't.

• We are definitely in a poor run but we are not being thrashed 4-0 and 5-0. As disappointing as the draw was yesterday, we weren't abject.

• From the little that I was able to see, we looked brilliant when it all came together in the winning runs.

• Nigel Pearson has built a team which appears to be young and is developing, so I'm not sure that starting again from scratch is the right idea.

• The desire to change the manager is symptomatic of an "I want it all, I want it now" culture that doesn't appreciate that if you want something, sometimes it takes time, patience and hard work. I genuinely get the feeling that some of our supporters are, well, a bit spoilt.

For these reasons, even if we don't reach the playoffs, I think we should give Nigel Pearson another season.

Happy Clappper and Proud.

Great post

I'm far from a 'happy clapper' Col, I certainly give the team stick, but I also support Nigel. I said previous to the season starting, I would have taken a play off place... Due to our own performances/results this season, we were within the top two for a while and expectations obviously changed. But not mine, I still would take a play off place.

Not sure how I feel about potentially not makin the play offs. I mean, I know I'll be gutted (even more so because we were top), but not sure where this will leave Nigel. I hope he is here next season, because I've seen improvements in terms of making the squad stable again. I know all of our players arn't quality, but he has brought in some decent players for us.

I'll hold my hand up and say I have posted saying 'he will turn it around'. It did believe that, but for all our bad performances recently (and there has been a few of those - Barnsley away being the worst I've seen) we also haven't had much 'luck'. I use that term lightly, and in quotations, because I don't really believe in it, but it's just painful to see us conceding last minute goals that have cost us valuable points (Brighton, Millwall, Birmingham) when teams around us seem to score in the last minute (Forest recently). More to do with effort, determination and concentration but that's what I've been clinging onto recently.

Regarding next season, I can't really comment. If Nige is here next season, I suppose there will be a lot of changes in the summer again. I believe we need our squad improving again (left full back and midfield especially). If we weren't to get in the top six next season under Nigel, again, I'm not to sure althought you'd probably have to think about changing the manager then (sadly, again).

I do support any Leicester City manager. But in this instance, I am behind Pearson. I think he has improved the squad, and we have been in our highest position in the league since he was last manager. We played freeflowing, attacking, real football earlier in the season. Not sure where that has gone though.

It is a strong division, and thinking 7th/8th is a poor position in April, surely highlights how decent we have been this season? But Nigel isn't making it easy for himself. I don't understand a number of things, including why our style of play has changed and why he seems to keep our two most creative players (Knockaert, Marshall) on the bench. They need a consistent run in the team; when we were top, we played a nice 442 with width. I'd like us to go back to this. We have some technically gifted players, who, on their day are a match for any player in this league. We need our confidence back.

You want to give him next season and if he fails to make the play offs again it may be worth thinking of changing the manager ?

You also think this is a strong division ?

unbelievable.

I'm still not calling for Pearson's head, though I'm fairly indifferent to his fate, and I argued strongly in his favour last season - but some of the arguments in his defence have been blinkered. I was shouted down in January for questioning how well we were playing, then in February was told I was an idiot if I thought we wouldn't make the play-offs, then in March people suggested that when we dropped out of the play-offs, okay, we could say his second spell was a failure. Now, apparently, he deserves another crack of it.

I get the sense that some people will never tire of shifting the goalposts. He's screwed up, he's heading for a miserable failure, but he could yet salvage it. We all hope he does. There's an argument to say he should carry on next season even if he doesn't... but people shouldn't be daft enough to suggest that, should that happen, he has done well since returning to the club.

Even worse, there seems to be a set of people who confuse doubting a manager with not supporting the team properly. I'd love to know how many of them are as vocal as I am in supporting the side on match-day.

Your final paragraph is this threads 'raison d'être and you've sussed 'my agenda'.

I agree buddy..

lol

What biased argument have I made in my OP?

You're not one to accuse others of adopting a 'condescending manner' mate..

You call people 'Happy Clappers' if they support Pearson. Name some 'happy clappers' on hear? I can't think of any that fit that description. You could refer to them/us as Pro-Pearson but you think it'll get peoples backs up more if you belittle them in the title of your post.

You mention 'vitriol at any criticism of him' which is just untrue. Like I said, the things that get shot down are repeat threads which don't have any content or anything worthy of discussion.

Archived