Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Happy Clapping

I just wondered how the happy clappers would feel and what they post if we finish up not even making the play-offs?

I won't name names, but some have continued to argue that Pearson is the right man for the job and that 'he'll turn it around', for weeks.

Any criticism of how we are playing has been met with sarcasm and sometimes vitriol.

Will you feel differently should we not get top six this season? And continue to support the manager? Or will even you concede that we've 'shit-out' this season?

It's all hypothetical of course, but it looks like we are gonna be 8th by tonight.

I'm just interested to see what the views of the 'glass half full' men are gonna be if we don't make it? And indeed, what your views are now?

I just wondered how the happy clappers would feel and what they post if we finish up not even making the play-offs?

I won't name names, but some have continued to argue that Pearson is the right man for the job and that 'he'll turn it around', for weeks.

Any criticism of how we are playing has been met with sarcasm and sometimes vitriol.

Will you feel differently should we not get top six this season? And continue to support the manager? Or will even you concede that we've 'shit-out' this season?

It's all hypothetical of course, but it looks like we are gonna be 8th by tonight.

I'm just interested to see what the views of the 'glass half full' men are gonna be if we don't make it? And indeed, what your views are now?

I will continue to support him, yes. For at least 1 more full season (unless the first half of next season is uninspiring and below average). There is nobody else that I'd realistically prefer at the moment and I have seen the potential we have under Pearson. Other managers are an unknown quantity and it would mean another overhaul to the youngish squad we have (as those that want him out seem to argue that he's brought in shit players and continues to play them, despite the old argument they used to make that he always played his favourites (Wellens, Gally etc,)

I don't pretend that I'm not disappointed with the second half of this season, no, but I was delighted with the first half. And stop lying, Col, criticism hasn't been met with vitriol, knuckledraggers posting 'Pearson iz a ****, fvck of now' have been. Stuff that has no basis and doesn't contribute to the site has been.

Some would back him and justify it even if we ended up in the blue square.

No they will continue to bury their head in the sand, and say that we should keep Pearson because he knows the players, and he will get it right next season.

Why must you insist on patronising people by using the term "happy clappers"? It is possible for people to support NP without pretending that everything is currently rosy in the garden ffs.

Ill respect anyones view, but using such terms to cast aspersions on people who dont necessarily agree with you makes it appear you have a superiority complex.

Pearson is still the right man for the job. He has built a team that with a few quality additions and some experience / leaders on the pitch will be a formidable side next year. Like we were for a good chunk of this season before our luck changed.

Get over yourselves, we have no given right to go up, at the beginning of this season looking at the league and the big spending teams that came down, we would have all be happy to still be in the hunt with 4 games left. admitted it is disappointing to have thrown away that nice 2nd place spot we had 14 games ago, but I honestly think that is mainly down to us somewhat burning out (Small squad, FFP regulations and spending squandered to blame? Sven's big day out spending!)

Anyway either way I will still support the team and the manager. I most certainly won't be booing a team that has been there, or there abouts all season, because I am realistic and level headed. My expectations have stayed the same throughout the season, make the play offs and build upon last season. At this moment those expectations are still realistic.

I assume you include me in this, so I will say that if we don't finish in the top six he's failed in the season's minimum aim and should go.

I'm not happy with our current form and am very disappointed with how it's fallen apart. I've enjoyed a lot about this season but it will mean little if we finish lower than 6th.

Guessing this is your latest agenda here youre pushing Col

The way Ive seen it, the people who you term as 'Happy Clappers' are people who are just investing some belief and support in the current team, were not complacent to be sitting in the Championship for years and we dont want to be losing points every week for the sake of keeping the manager; we are just supporting what we supported and believed in since the start of the season.

If we sack Pearson now there is no big possibility of getting a manager in that would have a simular effect to Billy of Snottingham, we would have to pretty much admit there and then that this season is over and we again have to roll the dice next season, instead of clinging on to some hope.

Just support our team untill the end of the season eh lads, I think Pearsons contract is up then so it would save the club some money from terminating his contract.

I will continue to support him, yes. For at least 1 more full season (unless the first half of next season is uninspiring and below average). There is nobody else that I'd realistically prefer at the moment and I have seen the potential we have under Pearson. Other managers are an unknown quantity and it would mean another overhaul to the youngish squad we have (as those that want him out seem to argue that he's brought in shit players and continues to play them, despite the old argument they used to make that he always played his favourites (Wellens, Gally etc,)

I don't pretend that I'm not disappointed with the second half of this season, no, but I was delighted with the first half. And stop lying, Col, criticism hasn't been met with vitriol, knuckledraggers posting 'Pearson iz a ****, fvck of now' have been. Stuff that has no basis and doesn't contribute to the site has been.

The potential that has seen us win one game in 14. The same potential that apart from 2 five game winning streaks, has seen us pick up the staggering 31 points from the other 32 games.

If thats his potential then i`d rather we tried someone else personally!

Pearson supporters have not really said he will turn it around, but have suggested that whilst possible he should have the opportunity to turn it around, given he put us in the strong position in the first place.

I'm losing patience but would accept any decision made whether he stays or not at the end of the season.

But didn't you expect to be 7th Col? And should we be there, or 8th, come 3pm ish on 4th May, then hasn't Pearson achieved expectations in your eyes? Therefore, aren't you implying he shouldn't be sacked by saying that.

Personally, if Pearson is sacked I could understand it but still think he could do it with us next season. Seems faint hope but who else would you want who is realistic?

We've shit out this season like a couple of seasons before. The difference is we have spent much more money so expectations have risen (from owners and fans). They rose with Sven and they have risen with NP.

Yes we've played shit football but every team does at some point, instant success is not possible. Why sack Pearson when he's built a team of promising young players that have shown themselves to be capable of playing excellent football (and he has an excellent relationship with Man Utd)? It's stupid.

I'll continue to support him because I'm not a fickle ****.

We've had a mixed season, started shit, came good, finishing shit, I have to question which is the real team, can I be confident in saying our good spell is the 'real' us? Not really, I question whether it was one of renowned false dawns.

My problem isn't with Pearson at all, but i'm not happy with the situation, i'm not happy with how we are playing, my problem is with the players though, they have to hold some of the responsibility, if not most, they seem to be getting away scott free though.

I say we need to keep Pearson for another year, if the same happens again next season as it has this season then fair enough he'll have to go, but who else out there is better? Would a new manager guarentee success? No, I think it'd potentially be more harmful to our chances, It's a gamble keep Pearson aswell, it's a gamble either way but i'd keep Pearson for another season personally.

Guessing this is your latest agenda here youre pushing Col

The way Ive seen it, the people who you term as 'Happy Clappers' are people who are just investing some belief and support in the current team, were not complacent to be sitting in the Championship for years and we dont want to be losing points every week for the sake of keeping the manager; we are just supporting what we supported and believed in since the start of the season.

If we sack Pearson now there is no big possibility of getting a manager in that would have a simular effect to Billy of Snottingham, we would have to pretty much admit there and then that this season is over and we again have to roll the dice next season, instead of clinging on to some hope.

Just support our team untill the end of the season eh lads, I think Pearsons contract is up then so it would save the club some money from terminating his contract.

Absolutely right, no point in sacking him with only 4 games to go.

He should have been sacked after the Derby game, sadly i think the owners bottled it.

He should have been sacked after the Derby game, sadly i think the owners bottled it.

Well atleast the players have something in common with the owners in that case.

Do people really think he'll be here next year if we don't finish at least 6th?

There have been rumours about him going all season, even since January 2012. We've had a spectacular collapse in the last six weeks.

All the rumours suggest, to me, that the owners or whoever are not convinced by him. What's the point of giving him more money to spend if he could easily go early into next season?

I wouldn't be sure he'd last long if we went up, there's no chance he'll be here if we don't.

The potential that has seen us win one game in 14. The same potential that apart from 2 five game winning streaks, has seen us pick up the staggering 31 points from the other 32 games.

If thats his potential then i`d rather we tried someone else personally!

The potential that has got us enough points to still be in fighting contention for a play off place? The potential that has seen us play some of the best football this club has seen in decades? The potential that has seen some of our players and also our manager make the team of the month and seen our players represent their respective countries? The potential that has seen some of our academy lads step up to the big time? The potential of a team that has battled in the right part of the league throughout the season? Not mentioning it is a team that follows the FFP regulations and gives us hope for the future.

Chin up chaps!

Bottled it or shown faith? We are always criticising owners of other clubs sacking managers too quickly and if they want to get a decent manager to come here next then they need to proof they can show faith.

Archived