Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matty James

Interesting this.

At various times this season each of Drinkwater, James and King have been quite justly lauded as our best midfield player, I have said consistently that I would be happy to have any two of them as my midfield pairing, depending only on form, fitness etc.

Despite so much that has been written about the perceived weakness of our midfield I stand by that, happy to have any pairing in a 4-4-2, though obviously I would prefer then as the holding players in a 4-2-3-1.

He started slowly at Leicester but he was playing through injury. I remember reading something from the Man Utd fans when we bought him along the lines of "he'd have been in our side if he wasn't so injury prone".

He's quality IMO. Very under-rated. Good passer, good tackler, strong on the ball and got a good finish on him. I think he's shown in glimpses he can be a huge player for us one day.

Interesting this.

At various times this season each of Drinkwater, James and King have been quite justly lauded as our best midfield player, I have said consistently that I would be happy to have any two of them as my midfield pairing, depending only on form, fitness etc.

Despite so much that has been written about the perceived weakness of our midfield I stand by that, happy to have any pairing in a 4-4-2, though obviously I would prefer then as the holding players in a 4-2-3-1.

I don't think there's enough there. Especially with James being a bit injury prone our next ports of call in central mid are Wellens (retrograde step) and Danns (inconsistent/out of favour.) Trying to get through a season with only three viable centre mids is risky. I'd have preferred to have brought in another in preference to Futacs or Kane whose presence is pointless.

I don't think there's enough there. Especially with James being a bit injury prone our next ports of call in central mid are Wellens (retrograde step) and Danns (inconsistent/out of favour.) Trying to get through a season with only three viable centre mids is risky. I'd have preferred to have brought in another in preference to Futacs or Kane whose presence is pointless.

Fair comment, just the three players for those positions is definitely a bit thin.

Sadly I can see it all going very wrong in the summer....... :(

Morgan is usually supreme, Wood has very good vision and good feet, Knockeart when central is a brilliant, Kasper is awesome, King when advanced is useful, Keane is a talent.

I don't like Nugent who is unintelligent footballer, Dyer has no end product, James shield and passes backwards, De Laet is poor defender, Konch often out of position, Marshall no effort.

I'm assuming from your comment about dyer that you didn't go to the game yesterday. I think a goal constitutes an 'end product'. I thought he was motm yesterday, alongside another player you don't rate (James). .

It's nice that Kingfox no longer thinks James is a "pointless" signing. ;)

Well well, I didn't say he was a crap player though, I just didn't think we needed someone like him, but we do.

Still Drinkwater is still shit, and De Laet is still defensively poor at times, as proven last night :thumbup:

I'm assuming from your comment about dyer that you didn't go to the game yesterday. I think a goal constitutes an 'end product'. I thought he was motm yesterday, alongside another player you don't rate (James). .

That was a blip. I take it last night was the first time you have seen Lloyd play and you now believe him to be a world beater?

That was a blip. I take it last night was the first time you have seen Lloyd play and you now believe him to be a world beater?

FFS - he might not be a world beater, but can't you give a bit of credit where credit's due? We certainly wouldn't have won if it were not for Dyer yesterday. Granted, he often doesn't come up with the goods but at least cut him some slack when he does!

I hope this lad can overcome the niggling injuries that have blighted this season, any time he gets a good run in the side and he makes an impression, he then get's ruled out for a few games and we're back to square one. King and Drinkwater's form has been patchy and although I rate them both, we need a midfielder who we can depend upon for 90% of the time as it's been a problem area for us for years. I think King is due another superb season soon he's getting back to his best but his style of play means he does drift out of games, I hope James continues to show his class and stays injury free. He looks a very shrewd signing.

Fook sake KF..

You big players up and put others down sooooo quickly.

It's the James type player that the team has been crying out for. Just a bloke who does the ugly stuff very well.

I hope it continues.

Does the ugly stuff very well?

From what i have seen...

- He reads the game better than Kingy/Drinky

- Willing to tackle when the odds are not in his favor unlike Kingy/Drinky

- Better range of passing than Kings/Drinky, and willing to try and play that final pass.

He does do the 'ugly stuff', but you can tell by his technique that he has more quality than the rest of our midfielders.

Archived