Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matty James

Just like Michael Owen.

There's a lot of them have played for England recently.

David James

Gareth Barry

John Terry

Steven Gerrard

Gary Neville

It will be interesting to see the formation Pearson chooses for the Palace game. I thought he'd revert back to 4-4-2 at home. Away, with King in a 4-4-2 it's not worked too well.

Should he change a winning side? It's a tough call

Will be interesting and wouldn't be too surprised to see Knockaert drop out for Marshall to come in and double up on either Bolasie or Zaha. Can see him keeping the same side as it could flexibly revert to a 4-5-1 with Knockaert in behind Wood and Schlupp out wide.

Carrick.

Bet he learnt a thing or two off him while at Yanited. Very similar style of play and really makes us tick.

His fitness to get back and help out at times is something else, too. He's a lot quicker than he gets credit for.

Simply put, a class act.

I'm pretty sure I remember a United fan coming on here in the summer and saying that if we can get him fit, he'll be the best of all the United products we have. He said that he was one of the brightest academy products until his injury. Fingers crossed

I've said it before and I will say it again, Matty James is a young Michael Carrick. He might not turn out as good as Carrick but his style of football is so similar to Carrick's at United, he completely controls and dictates the tempo in the correct way for our team. He's strong in the air, he's strong in possession and he's got a rifle of a shot on him. So glad we've got him, been banging on about him all season and he's coming good at the right time.

phenomenal. Upturn in performances since he's been back. Battler, who stops our midfield being outmuscled. Seems to give King/Drinky more confidence. Also very good going forward. Noted a couple of smart finishes and some good footwork in his play. Top player I think

Just goes to prove you don't need a "hardman" to shake the opposition. James wins the ball cleanly and doesn't pull out of tackles.

Added to his set-pieces and quick passing style, he's been a very good addition who will hopefully stay here for a while.

I thought he played badly? Is that the wrong opinion to have of him today?

He shields the ball too much, its a misconception that he puts his foot in too, he doesn't.

He had a good 10/15min spell in the second half.

First half was subdued aka, normal.

He shields the ball too much, its a misconception that he puts his foot in too, he doesn't.

Have any of our players played well in a game, ever, in your opinion?

tumblr_m22h38nfIa1rsk72no1_500.gif

Have any of our players played well in a game, ever, in your opinion?

Morgan is usually supreme, Wood has very good vision and good feet, Knockeart when central is a brilliant, Kasper is awesome, King when advanced is useful, Keane is a talent.

I don't like Nugent who is unintelligent footballer, Dyer has no end product, James shield and passes backwards, De Laet is poor defender, Konch often out of position, Marshall no effort.

Morgan is usually supreme, Wood has very good vision and good feet, Knockeart when central is a brilliant, Kasper is awesome, King when advanced is useful, Keane is a talent.

I don't like Nugent who is unintelligent footballer, Dyer has no end product, James shield and passes backwards, De Laet is poor defender, Konch often out of position, Marshall no effort.

Marshall no effort? He's one of our hardest working players.

He's only played 20 odd games, far too early to give him that, or any, mantle.

I have to agree. I don't want to have to, but I do have to.. :o

So many times there are threads on this forum suggesting that such and such a player is 'super' or 'will be a star in the future' and all that gubbins.

I saw it earlier in the season with Knocky. He scored a couple of sensational goals, and had all the tricks in his locker and was being adulated as one of City's best ever young players. Or, had the potential to be. Recently, exactly the same player, just a few months later, has been ridiculed by some on here.

Give James time lads. He started (if you remember) very slowly. There were many posters who were asking what he brought to the team (I remember it well..) and many saying he was not the answer to our midfield problems.

Now, suddenly, he's 'one of the best midfielders in the division'.

He's a good, solid, tidy young player. Give him a bit of time before, yet again, you big him up to be something which we are yet to see. i.e. a consistent, first teamer who can control that midfield area and who can push us towards where we wanna be. He shows signs yes, but that's all as of yet.

The fact that he is a former England U20 captain implies he as some minerals, definitely missed him when he was injured.

I don't think it is just the James effect, our improved form also coincides with Pearson being a bit braver with player selection and mixing things up tactically, however you need players like James so you can play different systems and players, rather than playing the same 442 and players each week.

I still like Drinks is a quality footballer, just not a 40 games per season player and effective against certain opposition which Pearson was using him as.

Give James time lads. He started (if you remember) very slowly. There were many posters who were asking what he brought to the team (I remember it well..) and many saying he was not the answer to our midfield problems.

Now, suddenly, he's 'one of the best midfielders in the division'.

He's a good, solid, tidy young player. Give him a bit of time before, yet again, you big him up to be something which we are yet to see. i.e. a consistent, first teamer who can control that midfield area and who can push us towards where we wanna be. He shows signs yes, but that's all as of yet.

But did he really start slow though, of all the early games I saw of him I thought he was good. He was still doing the things he does now then, but people weren't really noticing his performances earlier in the season, but now people are standing up and taking note of how good a player he is, and how hard he works in midfield.

As you say yourself Col, we have needed a player like James for a while, I didn't know how big he was, coming to my end taking a corner, the lad has some weight and muscle on him. No need for this defensive midfielder anymore, James plays that role, along with an attacking one as well.

But did he really start slow though, of all the early games I saw of him I thought he was good. He was still doing the things he does now then, but people weren't really noticing his performances earlier in the season, but now people are standing up and taking note of how good a player he is, and how hard he works in midfield.

As you say yourself Col, we have needed a player like James for a while, I didn't know how big he was, coming to my end taking a corner, the lad has some weight and muscle on him. No need for this defensive midfielder anymore, James plays that role, along with an attacking one as well.

I genuinely hope you're right KF.. And as Babs said, the team seemed to massively miss the lad when he was injured.

All I'm suggesting is give him a bit of time mate. People up on pedestals are easily shot down again, kinda thing. The signs are there though that James could actually turn out to be Pearson's best signing this time round. Well, him and big Wes anyway.

:thumbup:

Archived