Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matty James

This guy is flaming incredible.

Defensively he is excellent, closes down, puts his foot in and makes important tackles. Going forward him and King link well, seem to have more urgency about them, while James always tends to look forward when he can, his passing is good, and he links well with the wingers and strikers, the way Schlupp, Wood and Dyer in particular played off James's passes tonight, was brilliant to watch. His set pieces are pretty good as well ;)

One of the best midfielders, for some time, I thought earlier in the season he was playing well, but didn't really get any credit, it seems fans are starting to notice his performances more.

If the voting for the end of season awards is still open, please please please, vote for him as our young player of the season, he deserves it, he is an absolutely quality player.

Matty James :worship::wub:

Defensively he is excellent, closes down, puts his foot in and makes important tackles. Going forward him and King link well, seem to have more urgency about them, while James always tends to look forward when he can, his passing is good, and he links well with the wingers and strikers, the way Schlupp, Wood and Dyer in particular played off James's passes tonight, was brilliant to watch. His set pieces are pretty good as well ;)

One of the best midfielders, for some time, I thought earlier in the season he was playing well, but didn't really get any credit, it seems fans are starting to notice his performances more.

If the voting for the end of season awards is still open, please please please, vote for him as our young player of the season, he deserves it, he is an absolutely quality player.

Fook sake KF..

You big players up and put others down sooooo quickly.

It's the James type player that the team has been crying out for. Just a bloke who does the ugly stuff very well.

I hope it continues.

This

It is no coincidence that since he has come back from injury we have started looking far better and when he got injured initially, our bad run started.

Absolutely class player who will get better and better with every game he plays.

Am I allowed to say that, from what I've seen and bits I've read this season, if Matty James had played 43 games we'd be on the verge of sealing automatic promotion, let alone trying to get into 6th?

He's ridiculously good at what he does.

Superb today and has been one of our stand out players recently. It's a shame that he picked up the injury when he did, because if we'd had him playing like this all season we'd be flying.

That Preston fan on here said that he was their best midfielder since McKenna. To be fair, James did impress me against Posh (in Aug), dropped out of the team but recently has been good again. Our best midfielder, imo. His defensive ability, passing and set pieces are good. His goal at Brighton was a good goal, great finish, as well.

Guest BlueBrett

He also defies the "you must be shit if you have two first names" logic.

Think he gets away with it because 'Matty' isn't really a proper name,

For me James effort has been infectious on the others, since his return there seems more effort from them around him, but not sure king is the right player to partner him, but James will be one of the first name on the team sheet now, earned his place.

For me James effort has been infectious on the others, since his return there seems more effort from them around him, but not sure king is the right player to partner him, but James will be one of the first name on the team sheet now, earned his place.

It will be interesting to see the formation Pearson chooses for the Palace game. I thought he'd revert back to 4-4-2 at home. Away, with King in a 4-4-2 it's not worked too well.

Should he change a winning side? It's a tough call

Fook sake KF..

You big players up and put others down sooooo quickly.

It's the James type player that the team has been crying out for. Just a bloke who does the ugly stuff very well.

I hope it continues.

Shhhhh

I have made three threads on Matty James this season.

Archived