Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Neil Lennon odds slashed

If it is Di Matteo then we have possibly the greatest manager in this division without a shadow of a doubt.

It would be an excellent appointment, but at City nothing is ever straightforward!

I can't decide whether you're on drugs or need to take some. :ermm:

Thought I'd pass this on as I know someone who works at a large bookmakers - I shan't say which, but Lennon's odds were slashed because a number of very large bets were placed on Neil Lennon to be the next Leicester manager.

Flagged up by a number of branches since this bookmaker is not/was not/may not have been (you won't trick me that easily) offering a market on this online and so approaches were made in branch.

I suspect if someone out there does know something, they hit every bookmaker. Someone is going to be a fair bit out of pocket if he Lennon doesn't get the gig.

Further to this, a good friend of mine has a lot of contacts up at Manchester United (and West Ham, which is the club he supports) and has been a bit coy on the whole Leicester management situation, always giving the impression he knew something. I never bit because he can be a bit like that. Last night he got a little bored and asked what I'd think if OGS was to take the job, potentially with others involved. I assumed this meant a DOF style situation but looking elsewhere today I spotted a rumour which named Peter Schmeichal as involved. Could be same source ultimately and could of course be crossed wires, massive wind up, or all discussed months ago and not happening, but regardless, my mate has £50 on the nose that its OGS (I believe at 50/1 with Hills - he hasn't shown me a bet slip and it wasn't placed online) - again, make of that part what you will. He is a bit of a WUM. I only mentioned this rumour as I've seen something strikingly similar rumoured elsewhere.

Anyway, believe it, don't believe it, whatever. I'm not sure I believe it. I'm also aware that big bets don't mean something happens and I'm also aware even if its got out Lennon has been offered job OR Lennon wants job, that does not necessarily equal Lennon ends up taking job.

Passing it on and by all means shoot me down, whatever. For what its worth, I'd take MON/LENNON/OGS in a heartbeat.

Lets not open up old arguments and I don't need any personal abuse. I'm just posting it in case anyone has heard similar? - And in case anyone is interested.

I'm sure more rumours will surface and I'm sure the bookies will do alright out of all of us in the end!

The Warnock "promotion expert" view is a myth. I think it's 2 promotions to the PL in his entire career, hardly stats of a man who knows how to get teams up consistently. If we do have a vacancy become available (not a big fan of speculating about new managers when we still have one) then I wouldn't be disappointed if we go to Lennon. My other choice would be big Mick McCarthy from Ipswich. He's turned them round well this season plus he got Wolves up, only downside is he would need compensation.

I think I heard on the TV last time he was a pundit that it was 7 and with 6 different clubs??

Thought I'd pass this on as I know someone who works at a large bookmakers - I shan't say which, but Lennon's odds were slashed because a number of very large bets were placed on Neil Lennon to be the next Leicester manager.

Flagged up by a number of branches since this bookmaker is not/was not/may not have been (you won't trick me that easily) offering a market on this online and so approaches were made in branch.

I suspect if someone out there does know something, they hit every bookmaker. Someone is going to be a fair bit out of pocket if he Lennon doesn't get the gig.

Further to this, a good friend of mine has a lot of contacts up at Manchester United (and West Ham, which is the club he supports) and has been a bit coy on the whole Leicester management situation, always giving the impression he knew something. I never bit because he can be a bit like that. Last night he got a little bored and asked what I'd think if OGS was to take the job, potentially with others involved. I assumed this meant a DOF style situation but looking elsewhere today I spotted a rumour which named Peter Schmeichal as involved. Could be same source ultimately and could of course be crossed wires, massive wind up, or all discussed months ago and not happening, but regardless, my mate has £50 on the nose that its OGS (I believe at 50/1 with Hills - he hasn't shown me a bet slip and it wasn't placed online) - again, make of that part what you will. He is a bit of a WUM. I only mentioned this rumour as I've seen something strikingly similar rumoured elsewhere.

Anyway, believe it, don't believe it, whatever. I'm not sure I believe it. I'm also aware that big bets don't mean something happens and I'm also aware even if its got out Lennon has been offered job OR Lennon wants job, that does not necessarily equal Lennon ends up taking job.

Passing it on and by all means shoot me down, whatever. For what its worth, I'd take MON/LENNON/OGS in a heartbeat.

Lets not open up old arguments and I don't need any personal abuse. I'm just posting it in case anyone has heard similar? - And in case anyone is interested.

I'm sure more rumours will surface and I'm sure the bookies will do alright out of all of us in the end!

I was thinking Gary Neville earlier ..... but OGS and Schmeichel Snr would be awesome ..... It doesn't matter about experience with them .... they have been winners and don't know any different - they just wouldn't accept anything but winning. You don't get a better training than a decade a piece under SAF.

Personally I'd stiull love RDM, the buy that I wanted pre -pearson, during pearson and post pearson!!!

I think I heard on the TV last time he was a pundit that it was 7 and with 6 different clubs??

Think it's actually 3 clubs to Premiership Waller, I'm not definitive on it as I really do not like him and would waste my time looking it up!

I was thinking Gary Neville earlier ..... but OGS and Schmeichel Snr would be awesome ..... It doesn't matter about experience with them .... they have been winners and don't know any different - they just wouldn't accept anything but winning. You don't get a better training than a decade a piece under SAF.

Personally I'd stiull love RDM, the buy that I wanted pre -pearson, during pearson and post pearson!!!

He mentioned OGS & Schmiechel but that was it as far as names went.

Looking at it objectively for a moment, ignoring our love for Leicester, would OGS be interested?

Do we think he wants to work in English football?

Would he be a popular choice?

I know he's doing well at Mold, but how well? Is the football good? Are they in Europe.

Of course in terms of money, he'd do well here and I'm sure he'd be backed with funds too.

This source has been exceptional in the past, he's usually 100% with West Ham and indeed with Man Utd, although the Man Utd stuff is often confirmation/denial when a story is in the press. You can never usually 'break' a story about Man Utd.

Something to discuss though.

Looking at it objectively for a moment, ignoring our love for Leicester, would OGS be interested?

I know he's doing well at Mold, but how well? Is the football good? Are they in Europe.

Of course in terms of money, he'd do well here and I'm sure he'd be backed with funds too.

This source has been exceptional in the past, he's usually 100% with West Ham and indeed with Man Utd, although the Man Utd stuff is often confirmation/denial when a story is in the press. You can never usually 'break' a story about Man Utd.

I think he's jump at the chance .... he's played most of his career here after all.

I didn't mean I was connecting Gary Neville with any rumour - i'd not heard this one until you said it ..... I just saw him on TV and though an ex Man U legend looking for his first job in management may not be a bad shout.

Think it's actually 3 clubs to Premiership Waller, I'm not definitive on it as I really do not like him and would waste my time looking it up!

Because you're worth it .... :)

Promotions

I think he's jump at the chance .... he's played most of his career here after all.

I didn't mean I was connecting Gary Neville with any rumour - i'd not heard this one until you said it ..... I just saw him on TV and though an ex Man U legend looking for his first job in management may not be a bad shout.

I'll push my mate for a bit more when I see him next. Its a bit of a bizarre one, happens to be a chap I play cricket with, miles from Manchester and Leicester - and he's a West Ham fan

Bottom of the league after 5 games with one draw and four defeats, currently.

I just can't see the OGS one happening. I'm not sure why.

From the owners point of view, getting MON in would likely get 32,000 there week in week out (unless we went to absolute sh1t)

Are we agreed?

Are you on Bentleys Roof? some guy has posted exactly the same information as you.

http://fansonline.net/leicestercity/mb/view.php?id=614287

Not posted for a very long time, but a rumour from a fairly 'credible' journalist who I got XXXXXXed with yesterday!!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer manager with a scouting and coaching role for Peter Schmeichel + one current Man Utd ageing 1st teamer in as player/coach.

Says - 'This will happen even if a miracle does occur next Saturday'.

Also deal done to sign Aaron Cresswell from Ipswich - tried and failed in January due to Wellens changing his mind at last minute - certainly would explain why NFP had no cover at left back.

Archived