Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Could be worse.

Just been watching the FL show and seriously at least going to the last game of the season we have a chance of making the play offs.

I mean come on would you rather be the position of the likes of other big clubs such as Derby? Leeds? Middlesborough? Wednesday? Wolves????

A lot of our fans need a reality check we are pushing for promotion and we will be next year as well.

Fingers crossed for Saturday COYB

Nigel Pearson is the stil the man to get us up even if its not this season!

Just been watching the FL show and seriously at least going to the last game of the season we have a chance of making the play offs.

I mean come on would you rather be the position of the likes of other big clubs such as Derby? Leeds? Middlesborough? Wednesday? Wolves????

A lot of our fans need a reality check we are pushing for promotion and we will be next year as well.

Here is another reality check, he isn't and he won't be.

You're right and I am happy where we are to an extent, we are (sort of) where I predicted pre-season, however I am also very frustrated, I think sometimes I let my frustration's get the better of me and I go off on one, all I am saying is we were 2nd, we bottled it, dropped down, should have been safe for a playoff spot, bottled it more, dropped out of the playoff spots and made even more hard work of it, we have played very poor, we have only won 2 in 16, i'm sorry but these facts cannot be ignored, which they will be, I am happy to be going into the last game of the season with a chance but let's be honest, in a decent league we wouldn't have this opportunity, we shouldn't have this opportunity, on the other hand we should have had our fate wrapped up a while ago, or certainly made it more easy for ourselves either way I find it very frustrating and players need to take the most of their opportunities, in the last 16 games if it was there on a plate infront of them they couldn't have taken it.

have to admit i agree with the OP, of course we all wanted promotion and we have bottled it this year, but its a young squad, and hopefully they will learn from this and we'll do it next year. Given our wobble since feb, im not convinced the squad is quite ready for premiership football yet anyway, and theres nothing worse than being the whipping boys of the league so another year of building cant do us any harm (assuming were ok financially, which is a big if). I hope NP is given the chance next year, and i hope expectation can be managed better, as there have been too many to jump on their backs when it started to go sour, and the boo boys, whilst i understand their point, also have to understand that we are not entitled to any points, wins or league positions, and that getting on players backs about it may well have a detrimental effect on the team. Anyway, theres still a shot this year, and if it doesnt happen we'll pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and hopefully push on next year. COYB. (cue the flaming)

No.

The higher expectation only came once we were second.

The attitude around this forum changed. If we were offered 7th at the start of the season, I bet a lot of people would've taken it. It's an improvement on last years result.

Yes our recent form has been appalling, but we have shown what we are capable of and next season, with a few additions in the squad, in which we have lacked depth this season, next season is looking promising.

No.

The attitude around this forum changed. If we were offered 7th at the start of the season, I bet a lot of people would've taken it. It's an improvement on last years result.

Yes our recent form has been appalling, but we have shown what we are capable of and next season, with a few additions in the squad, in which we have lacked depth this season, next season is looking promising.

So Dierby had higher expectations than us at the start of the season?

No.

Alot of people would have taken 7th?! Im guessing <5% of people would have taken 7th, the expectation was at least playoffs

So Dierby had higher expectations than us at the start of the season?

Quite clearly I'm referring to the fact that most of the fans of our club started expecting automatic promotion as soon as we hit those auto-spots, rather than when were sitting in the playoffs in the first few weeks.

Alot of people would have taken 7th?! Im guessing <5% of people would have taken 7th, tge expectation was at least playoffs

My expectation was to improve on last seasons result. Yes I'm gutted that we threw away a potentially hugely successful season, but people need to start looking at the season as a whole, and not the last 20 games.

NFP had us playing excellent football at the start and middle of the season. He didn't win Manager of the Month for nothing.

Quite clearly I'm referring to the fact that most of the fans of our club started expecting automatic promotion as soon as we hit those auto-spots, rather than when were sitting in the playoffs in the first few weeks.

I expected play-offs minimum at the start of the season, so no we have not lived up to expectations.

My expectation was to improve on last seasons result. Yes I'm gutted that we threw away a potentially hugely successful season, but people need to start looking at the season as a whole, and not the last 20 games.

The season as a whole has seen us fall short of what is clearly the aim of the owners.

For 3 solid months we have been in relegation form. Keep Pearson for next season & the reality will be that we will mirror wolves this season.

It's a sobering thought that we are now closer, in points terms, to the relegation zone then we are to automatic promotion. What a great achievement by Nige and the boys. Before the play off era, success at this level was defined as being in the top three to gain promotion. Now, finishing seventh is seen as some sort of incredible achievement. Based on the investment that has been made, this will go do in history as one of the poorest ever for LCFC. If we keep Pearson, we will end up with the Peter Taylor scenario of a bad finish to the last season resulting in a worse start to the next season and the inevitable sacking of the manager, leaving the replacement with little time to arrest the downward spiral. Pearson needs to go now.

Of course it goes without saying that we wouldn't want to be in the same position as the Clubs you mention but 1 win in 14 isn't exactly promotion form is it? I'd rather we be in the top 8 of the Premiership but as things stand that isn't likely to happen even in the mid term future.

And how you can say we'll be pushing for promotion next season as well is a bit 'pie-in-the-sky' particularly if NP is still here. And what if Kasper and others decide their future lies elsewhere?

The fact is some do require a "reality check" and wake up to see really what has happened this season and we cannot afford to continue in this vein. So, please do tell how it's going to change with NP at the helm?

You're right and I am happy where we are to an extent, we are (sort of) where I predicted pre-season, however I am also very frustrated, I think sometimes I let my frustration's get the better of me and I go off on one, all I am saying is we were 2nd, we bottled it, dropped down, should have been safe for a playoff spot, bottled it more, dropped out of the playoff spots and made even more hard work of it, we have played very poor, we have only won 2 in 16, i'm sorry but these facts cannot be ignored, which they will be, I am happy to be going into the last game of the season with a chance but let's be honest, in a decent league we wouldn't have this opportunity, we shouldn't have this opportunity, on the other hand we should have had our fate wrapped up a while ago, or certainly made it more easy for ourselves either way I find it very frustrating and players need to take the most of their opportunities, in the last 16 games if it was there on a plate infront of them they couldn't have taken it.

Why can't the 2 wins in 16 be ignored? Everyone seems to conveniently ignore the 30 games prior to that.

Are you joking? we are in relagation form. Whats the point in getting to the play offs only to get lose?????

Are you joking? we are in relagation form. Whats the point in getting to the play offs only to get lose?????

Form is temporary, the last fee we've been good, Hull will be down after missing out on the Autos and their for the taking.

Of course it goes without saying that we wouldn't want to be in the same position as the Clubs you mention but 1 win in 14 isn't exactly promotion form is it? I'd rather we be in the top 8 of the Premiership but as things stand that isn't likely to happen even in the mid term future.

And how you can say we'll be pushing for promotion next season as well is a bit 'pie-in-the-sky' particularly if NP is still here. And what if Kasper and others decide their future lies elsewhere?

The fact is some do require a "reality check" and wake up to see really what has happened this season and we cannot afford to continue in this vein. So, please do tell how it's going to change with NP at the helm?

NP has been let down a lot this season by the inexperienced players. The fact they have had the experience of this season makes me believe they will know what to expect next year and know how to deal with situations better. That is something you can not teach it has to comes naturally.

COYB

IN :pearson: WE TRUST!

You have obviously not been to any of the last 5 games then chap. We have been really good in all of those games. Non football people really do my head in!

Archived