Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wilson_6

Could be worse.

Why can't the 2 wins in 16 be ignored? Everyone seems to conveniently ignore the 30 games prior to that.

Are they?

I have said many a time barr the last 16 games we have had a very good season and am certainly not ignoring them, however after putting ourselves in that great position playing some great football and getting some great results we eased off, we have been poor and shown relegation form, this is obviously going to overshadow those 30 games because to be quite honest those 16 have been unacceptable.

For 3 solid months we have been in relegation form. Keep Pearson for next season & the reality will be that we will mirror wolves this season.

The end of the season is an exact replica of Taylor I believe we lost 12 out of the last 13 kept him and next season relegated.

Have we had a good season or did we have 2 good spells during the season which propelled us into the playoffs.

If NP couldn't turn it round in the last 16 games what's to say he will do next year?

This was his team no excuses, it looks like we'll miss out on the playoffs which I presume was the minimum expectation.

No.

The higher expectation only came once we were second.

The attitude around this forum changed. If we were offered 7th at the start of the season, I bet a lot of people would've taken it. It's an improvement on last years result.

Yes our recent form has been appalling, but we have shown what we are capable of and next season, with a few additions in the squad, in which we have lacked depth this season, next season is looking promising.

No they would not have taken 7th. What nonsense. Any club in this league given the financial backing that Pearson has would expect to be up there challenging for promotion.

how anyone can say " next season is looking promising" is beyond me . Two wins in seventeen games says all there is to say. Sorry but what improvement from last year is there ? the very least we expected given the money he spent was a playoff spot and even that is not going to happen, and even if it did we have no chance of winning it with this squads current form. The sooner Saturday is over and done with the sooner the owners can get rid of Pearson and then give us at least some hope next season.

Just been watching the FL show and seriously at least going to the last game of the season we have a chance of making the play offs.

I mean come on would you rather be the position of the likes of other big clubs such as Derby? Leeds? Middlesborough? Wednesday? Wolves????

A lot of our fans need a reality check we are pushing for promotion and we will be next year as well.

Fingers crossed for Saturday COYB

Nigel Pearson is the stil the man to get us up even if its not this season!

Are you blind as well as stupid?

I definitely will not be going down there if that clueless mupppet is still at the helm. I went to 9 games this season, 5 away and saw some really poor performances. Neil Warnock believes that we have the best squad in the league, so how does that explain why we have not done better than this?

It's a sobering thought that we are now closer, in points terms, to the relegation zone then we are to automatic promotion. What a great achievement by Nige and the boys. Before the play off era, success at this level was defined as being in the top three to gain promotion. Now, finishing seventh is seen as some sort of incredible achievement. Based on the investment that has been made, this will go do in history as one of the poorest ever for LCFC. If we keep Pearson, we will end up with the Peter Taylor scenario of a bad finish to the last season resulting in a worse start to the next season and the inevitable sacking of the manager, leaving the replacement with little time to arrest the downward spiral. Pearson needs to go now.

Spot on

I think this at the end of most seasons. When was the last time anything remotely interesting happened at Derby? 2008? At least we look like we might be good and then fúck it up rather than looking like we might be mid table, being mid table, then finishing mid table. How exciting.

Just been watching the FL show and seriously at least going to the last game of the season we have a chance of making the play offs.

I mean come on would you rather be the position of the likes of other big clubs such as Derby? Leeds? Middlesborough? Wednesday? Wolves????

A lot of our fans need a reality check we are pushing for promotion and we will be next year as well.

Fingers crossed for Saturday COYB

Nigel Pearson is the stil the man to get us up even if its not this season!

I agree (y) a lot of deluded fans wanting instant success it just doesn't happen like that especially in this division,!!

I think there is a lot of deluded fans on here that think 2 wins in 16 is acceptable, and forgetting the poor early season form, when Pearsons job was under threat early on.

If not accepting inconsistency, and effortless permormances, and one if the worse losing runs in our history, I am deluded, sorry dont know what i was thinking, Nigel Pearson is the man for me.

I don't expect us to win anything, but would be nice to have a team that is consistent, and players that appear to care what happens to the club that pays their wages, and perform for the supporters who have backed them all the way.

I could then get onto mr arrogant himself, and his inability to stop the rot but I can't be bothered.

Can anybody tell I am not a fan of Pearson lol

Archived