Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Reality check

The season for us is now well and truly over with Palace getting that point last night. We have not won at Florist in 41 years in the league, plus Bolton are playing Blackpool who have nothing to play for. I am afraid it is season over. Would love to know what happened in January for us to fade so badly and now appear to be a shadow of our former selves. Its a good job we had acquired enough points by then else we would be now looking like Wolves and doomed to relegation.

The sooner Saturday is over and done with the sooner the dreaming will be at an end , and the sooner we can look forward to a new manager.

Do you really look forward to new managers these days? Everytime we get one we get our hopes up that he'll do the business only to be deflated by the season's end and wondering whether we will/should get a new one.

I'm fed up of being linked with all these names all the while and forgive me if I'm hardly jumping for joy at the prospect of another change and more hype.

Mathematically it isn't over but are either of you having a bet on us going up?

No but there's a difference between something being impossible and unlikely.

Saying "it's over" is to suggest that it is impossible. This is simply not correct and as such I must disagree.

Do you really look forward to new managers these days? Everytime we get one we get our hopes up that he'll do the business only to be deflated by the season's end and wondering whether we will/should get a new one.

I'm fed up of being linked with all these names all the while and forgive me if I'm hardly jumping for joy at the prospect of another change and more hype.

No but faced with the prospect of another season under Pearson I'm hardly jumping for joy either. I will take my chance with a new manager at least we will have some hope then.

I really cannot believe the lack of support in these boards. Everyone loves a good moan on a monday morning, me included, if we have lost and how we would do something better/different... but seriously!

Why on earth do you follow a football team unless you want to go into a match with a little bit of hope and excitement that we may win. Yes form has dropped and we haven't bee at our best and as things look we are underdogs as far as a play off position goes, but until that final whistle goes, i will and i am certain many thousands of others will be hoping, wishing, preying, believing that we win, and bolton fail to win.

To go into a match almost wanting our team to loose so that another manager comes in.. is crazy, and i know thats not exactly what you said, but it may as well be.

Surely we all want the same outcome on saturday? and If we get in the play offs... we go again.

Miltonfox

There will be some wailing and claims of never following the team again now that the messiah has been sacked.

We'll sign a new manager and overnight Pearson will be shit with everyone claiming that they always thought he was poor but felt they should support him publicly but that we now have the best manager in the division.

I really cannot believe the lack of support in these boards. Everyone loves a good moan on a monday morning, me included, if we have lost and how we would do something better/different... but seriously!

Why on earth do you follow a football team unless you want to go into a match with a little bit of hope and excitement that we may win. Yes form has dropped and we haven't bee at our best and as things look we are underdogs as far as a play off position goes, but until that final whistle goes, i will and i am certain many thousands of others will be hoping, wishing, preying, believing that we win, and bolton fail to win.

To go into a match almost wanting our team to loose so that another manager comes in.. is crazy, and i know thats not exactly what you said, but it may as well be.

Surely we all want the same outcome on saturday? and If we get in the play offs... we go again.

Miltonfox

I hope we beat Forest and Blackpool draw, I hope we beat Watford home and away and then win at Wembley, then I can look forward to a new manager.

Posts like this really get me down.

Why do you bother watching football if you're not a dreamer? It genuinely sounds like you'd prefer the season to be a series of predictable results, beating those below you and losing to those above, all based on a team's relative funds at their disposal.

41 years of not beating them at their place will just make it all the sweeter IF we do, and clinching an unlikely top 6 position will just be the cherry on top IF we do! Games like this are what true fans live for. Yes, the loss will be crushing, but the potential high is enormous and at the end of the day that is what football is.

That is, of course, til we come back to foxestalk and have to listen to someone spout off on how we have no chance of winning the playoffs. It all gets very tiresome.

Miltonfox

It so they can say I TOLD YOU SO!

Miltonfox

:clap:

And the Fat Lady is under lock and key OK BOUND AND GAGGED

No but faced with the prospect of another season under Pearson I'm hardly jumping for joy either. I will take my chance with a new manager at least we will have some hope then.

So you had no hope sat second at the end of Jan?

Miltonfox

Agree, I get the feeling some people enjoy being right on here. "Oh look we lost, what I did I tell you?" - hate that attitude, detest it.

How some people can say it's impossible is equally ridiculous - YES WE CAN. I accept that we probably won't but while it remains a possibility I will continue to think in this season rather than in the next.

Can someone explain to me why every single week since about game four our season have been "over"? Do people want to be first to call it or something?

Just like all those "must win" games we didn't win but somehow we still have a chance. Wonder how that could've happened. lol People's tendency to exaggerate does get rather tiring after a while.

I had hope then realised it was just a blip, just like the one earlier in the season.

I had hoped that he'd learnt a lesson but he soon reverted to his default of defending first and foremost.

Being second on the second of Feb was a blip? lol

How can it be a blip that after two thirds of the season you have collected more points than everyone but Cardiff.

Being second on the second of Feb was a blip? lol

How can it be a blip that after two thirds of the season you have collected more points than everyone but Cardiff.

Unfortunately that argument doesn't stand up when, after forty-five forty-sixths of a season you have collected less points than any team to have reached the play-offs in their entire history.

If someone says, in present tense, that they currently feel no hope under Pearson I'd say - in the context of the whole season rather than just the good bits - that they were fairly sane, rather than irrationally prejudiced.

Unfortunately that argument doesn't stand up when, after forty-five forty-sixths of a season you have collected less points than any team to have reached the play-offs in their entire history.

If someone says, in present tense, that they currently feel no hope under Pearson I'd say - in the context of the whole season rather than just the good bits - that they were fairly sane, rather than irrationally prejudiced.

Yes it does stand up, you are applying what I said to flow about his point, and applying it Hackney on a completely different point.

Being second in February isn't a blip, it's a bigger portion of the season than what followed. We are where we are, but the same people constantly trying to make out all the good stuff this season didn't actually happen for was a fluke gets on my tits.

Posts like this really get me down.

Why do you bother watching football if you're not a dreamer? It genuinely sounds like you'd prefer the season to be a series of predictable results, beating those below you and losing to those above, all based on a team's relative funds at their disposal.

41 years of not beating them at their place will just make it all the sweeter IF we do, and clinching an unlikely top 6 position will just be the cherry on top IF we do! Games like this are what true fans live for. Yes, the loss will be crushing, but the potential high is enormous and at the end of the day that is what football is.

That is, of course, til we come back to foxestalk and have to listen to someone spout off on how we have no chance of winning the playoffs. It all gets very tiresome.

Because as Leicester suporters we have that " dream " shattered time and time again and no more so than this season. Who would have said we would be in this possition given the first half of the season ? With Pearson I can't even dream he is so predicable. At least with a new manager we can dream a little for a while.

Archived