Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Reality check

Well obviously the odds aren't in our favour. Are you deliberately missing the point? The suggestion that the season is over because we need to win and one other team has to not win is ridiculous.

I'm sure if you offered fair odds somebody would take it. Bet365 gives 6.8/1

Not missing the point. Just deciding to be realistic rather than live with blind, distant hope. Save the heartache!

This isn't an argument about the manager. Oddly enough, given you don't own the club, you don't get to choose that. That may be a sad state of affairs, but that's modern football. While Pearson is in charge you should still get behind the team 100%, because that's part of being a football fan.

I thought this thread was about a reality check, and the reality is we have blown a great chance for promotion. If that doesn't hurt you as a city supporter then it bloody well should.

yeah we were up to 2nd and flying, and its upto the MANAGER to keep that spirit up, even after we lost to Peterborough.....

but he didn't, he just argued with the players and had a mardy and fvcked it up for everyone...

so he should go this summer.... bye bye :pearson:

Now try again without baseless conjecture. A lot of good points (that I personally disagree with) have been made about the manager in the last couple of months. This is not one of them.

Wait if Bolton lose and we win we make the playoffs, right? Or am I missing something?

If not how the fvck is the season 'over'?

Wait if Bolton lose ( they are not going to ) and we win ( we are not going to ) then you can't help but come to the conclusion that the season is over. That's what your missing.

Wait if Bolton lose ( they are not going to ) and we win ( we are not going to ) then you can't help but come to the conclusion that the season is over. That's what your missing.

Or draw.

Blackpool are though :ph34r:

Blackpool have plenty to play for...

1. Contracts - most of the squads contracts expire in the summer.

2. Local pride - Blackpool fans in general hate Bolton and would love nothing more than to spoil Bolton's party so with plenty of vocal away support I'm hoping it will spur the pool players on.

3. Paul Ince will surely want to finish as high as possible in the league as it will look good on his CV especially after the poor season Blackpool have had and beating Bolton away would make him God in the fans eyes.

4. No pressure - we all know Blackpool can play decent football and now the pressure of relegation is off hopefully the players will be relaxed and play the sort of football we've seen from them in previous seasons.

Were due a win at the city ground so I live in hope

Can someone explain to me why every single week since about game four our season has been "over"? Do people want to be first to call it or something?

Of course, they want all the bragging rights once the season's over so that they can tell everyone around them (and especially on FT) that they were the genius of all geniuses.

What they forget, however, that their prediction is as good as anybody's.

I shall cheer on my team on Saturday, live with the excitement of a possible playoff finish and look forward to next season... with an improved squad and the same manager. No matter what league we're in by then.

I say we won't make the play offs for 3 reasons 1. I don't think Bolton will draw or lose against Blackpool, 2 I don't think we will beat forest and 3 because I don't want to get my heart set up for a fail if a miracle does happen I will be even more ecstatic than the believers because in my head we haven't made it already ;) I will not use this as a told you so I want the same as you promotion just can't see it happening

how do you know he didnt ?

the players weren't happy at all.... anyone could of seen that, even Stevie Wonder

So because some players were unhappy at being dropped, some were unhappy at their personal form and some were unhappy because we were losing, that equates to Pearson arguing with them and having a mardy?

You should stop spreading rumours like this but more importantly, stop believing anything you read or hear until you hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Even more importantly, don't jump to your own conclusions, based on nothing, and spread them all over the internet. That will then form the basis of someone elses wild conclusions and so on.

This isn't aimed just at you btw

So because some players were unhappy at being dropped, some were unhappy at their personal form and some were unhappy because we were losing, that equates to Pearson arguing with them and having a mardy?

You should stop spreading rumours like this but more importantly, stop believing anything you read or hear until you hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Even more importantly, don't jump to your own conclusions, based on nothing, and spread them all over the internet. That will then form the basis of someone elses wild conclusions and so on.

This isn't aimed just at you btw

The thing is after doing so well in the first half of the season and playing some fantastic football it all went tits up to the point of being in second place to now needing a miracle to even get in the playoffs. Now I don't know about you but something has gone wrong in a very large way. It can't be down to certain players losing form or injuries or long term suspensions.

So what happened ? Pearson in any of his interviews sheds no light on the matter, his replys to certain questions are evasive to say the least he has not come up with any reason what so ever for the dramatic bottling job that has happened over the last 18 games.

Given that is it any wonder that fans attempt to summise what has happened ? are we supposed to stay silent and have no opinion on what brought all this on ? The only way to prevent gossip is to tell the truth and Pearson is clearly not able to do that, so gossip it is then.

My opinion is that Forest will give us a royal thumping tomorrow bringing the curtain down on the most disappointing end to a season since the relegation to League 1.

Better City teams have lost to worse Forest teams at their place. We dont have the talent nor the balls to win their tomorrow.

My opinion is that Forest will give us a royal thumping tomorrow bringing the curtain down on the most disappointing end to a season since the relegation to League 1.

Better City teams have lost to worse Forest teams at their place. We dont have the talent nor the balls to win their tomorrow.

Good post to rally the troops lol

Good post to rally the troops lol

Sorry dude but we've been rallying for the last 16 games and have seen little or no care back from the players. The seasons finished and tomorrow will be quite embarrasing. 😩😩😢😢😭😭

Archived