Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miguel Vitor Appreciation Thread

I think there was a crossover period, but he went back to his parent club. I have it on good authority that once Sven was out of the picture, he wasn't interested in playing for us anymore.

Sousa bought him here on a years loan, sven took charge around october, i dont think he came back the following year.

I think there was a crossover period, but he went back to his parent club. I have it on good authority that once Sven was out of the picture, he wasn't interested in playing for us anymore.

Vitor was a Sousa signing.

EDIT: Apologies, missed the subsequent posts. 

The Doctor was talking about Gelson Fernandes, as was I.

Ah, my bad.

Yes, Gelson Fernandes, the former national hero for scoring against Spain at the last World Cup (see my signature).

Played it sulky, joined Udinese and Sporting (with little success) and now found his level in the Swiss Super League with FC Sion...

And I had such high hopes. :(

No problem, they'll just wait for a set-piece.

Morgan's useful in the air and Vitor was always surprisingly good for the technically proficient defender he was.

That would be a tough defence, good going forward too.

He was immense when he played for us and he'll be desperate for first-team action.

Also, he seems to be on the cheap side when it comes to transfer fees (that is, if you believe the transfermarkt.co.uk website).

Can anyone honestly see Nigel Pearson going out and signing a young Portuguese defender? No matter how good he is, he is not a Pearson player.

Can anyone honestly see Nigel Pearson going out and signing a young Belgian defender? Oh, wait...

Can anyone honestly see Nigel Pearson going out and signing a young Portuguese defender? No matter how good he is, he is not a Pearson player.

Like a young French midfielder?

Of course they'll be the odd exception, like Tunchev. I always suspected that was a Mandaric signing though. I'd put my life on it Vitor will not have even crossed his mind. Alex Baptiste will have, that's a Pearson centre back, but Vitor? No chance at all.

Of course they'll be the odd exception, like Tunchev. I always suspected that was a Mandaric signing though. I'd put my life on it Vitor will not have even crossed his mind. Alex Baptiste will have, that's a Pearson centre back, but Vitor? No chance at all.

What constitutes a "Pearson player" exactly? I'm curious...

What constitutes a "Pearson player" exactly? I'm curious...

Well if we're talking centre backs it is no frills, do the basics and thats that. Portuguese and european defenders in general have much more to their game to be stuck in a rigid 442, it won't happen.

Well if we're talking centre backs it is no frills, do the basics and thats that. Portuguese and European defenders in general have much more to their game to be stuck in a rigid 442, it won't happen.

But we haven't just played a strict 4-4-2 this season and are you telling me the only/main reason Pearson wouldn't go for a player like Vitor is because the is "too good"? lol

Bert said there is no chance that we will re sign Vitor.

But last night I was in awe of the man, I decided to rewind it twice just to see him collect his medal.

What a player. 

So when Pearson signs a good player, it's down to the chairman? I suppose Mandaric scouted him personally and forced Pearson to sign him against his will. Just like Top went out and signed Knockaert this summer as well I presume?

Pearson's got his faults, but give him some credit when he does something right FFS.

Archived