Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miguel Vitor Appreciation Thread

I think the last time he turned out for Benfica was a 7 minute sub appearance back in November and the closest he's been since was getting onto the bench for the Europa League game against Bordeaux in March. In the 2 seasons he's been back there since coming here on loan he's clocked up a grand total of 125 minutes of first team football (and 990 for Benfica II).

Many people appear to forget this guy when lambasting Sven's signings

People slated Sven because he dropped Vitor (Sousa's only good contribution to the club) to play Bruma (Sven's biggest mistake in that first loanee season) because he probably had to be played as part of the deal.

Who funnily enough proved how good he was at this level yet Pearson was a blind fool who didnt even give him a chance......

Really? Even Sven, the person who signed Fernandes dropped him as we couldn't win games & reverted to players already at the club on more than one occasion

And you're slating Pearson for not giving Fernandes a chance hahahahahahahah you must be some sort of blind anti-Pearson troll, or you just have very selective memory

Fernandes effectively handed his notice in the morning after Sven was sacked, a few weeks before Pearson was even appointed - It's no wonder Pearson didn't play him for a couple of weeks, & yes he did play him!

I thought Fernandes looked ok in a diamond, but the diamond caused us loads of problems as we were unable to break teams down & the team was unbalanced to play any other formation.

He's been shipped on a few times since he left here, so he's still to make a mark anywhere.. so there's plenty of managers who similarly have a problem with him

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting quote from his wiki page,

Vítor subsequently returned to Benfica, being completely ostracized by manager Jorge Jesus – as practically all Portuguese players – and even being demoted to the B-team.

Many stat web pages seem to confirm he has rarely player since he returned. This guy Jorge Jesus doesn't like Portuguese players.

Who funnily enough proved how good he was at this level yet Pearson was a blind fool who didnt even give him a chance......

Because he was only here for sven and didn't want to stay afterwards...

Was a good player but if they don't want to be at the club then what's the point of keeping them?

Because he was only here for sven and didn't want to stay afterwards...

Was a good player but if they don't want to be at the club then what's the point of keeping them?

Didn't his loan just simply run out?

I can but assume that his departure had nothing to do with any ill feelings towards the club.

Didn't his loan just simply run out?

I can but assume that his departure had nothing to do with any ill-feelings towards the club.

Im pretty sure pearson and him were not even at the club at the same time.

Im pretty sure pearson and him were not even at the club at the same time.

I think there was a crossover period, but he went back to his parent club. I have it on good authority that once Sven was out of the picture, he wasn't interested in playing for us anymore.

Archived