Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

The atmosphere tonight...

Having been at the match, I think we have had better support this season but not sure if you got acoustic problems with your bowl?

I didn't hear any Leicester fans outside the immediate areas to our left and right, apart from when you scored and a few minutes after.

Would I then expect you to hear us? IDK..... but we were singing for most of the game and I think for the middle 70 minutes we did ourselves proud. Over that time I think we outsung the ares of the Leicester fans that I could hear at any time at all. Had some periods of nonstop chanting.

That's just the truth. It was the same 2 weeks ago, didn't hear that much at all until you scored. You were louder today though.

The bit I've highlighted is arguably the funniest thing I've ever read. You didn't even sell out!!!!

Wow.

Please explain how i can hear L1 from the furthest away part of the ground, yet you cannot?

Plenty of away fans have made noise at our place (sheffield wednesay were great), but you were just poor.

The ground was literally bouncing when we were singing 'We Love You'.

I brought a couple of newspapers along to rip up so that I had alot of confetti, which all pretty much went into J3 thanks to the wind. If anyone on here was around row KK on J3, sorry about that. lol

We honestly could barely hear you 'til you scored. Honestly. Sorry, but why would our fans at watching tv and on radio say we totally outsang you? Microphones pointing in wrong direction?

Fantastic atmosphere. I haven't used the clappers in either Watford match (aside from holding it up before kick-off tonight) because I'm usually singing and clapping anyway but they really do encourage those who don't sing to get involved, get them clapping and it's not too much of a stretch to actually sing which leads to a better atmosphere.

There are times we've knocked our home support but I honestly don't think it's ever been any worse than a lot of other clubs, but when it's good it's a hell of a lot better than a lot of other clubs. Tonight is included in that, superb.

To the Watford fan, I've just watched the game back on tv and it makes your end sound a hell of a lot better than it was. We know Sky do that, turning one mic up and another down but it really has flattered what was actually heard in the stadium tonight. Had to be there I suppose but whereas the Leicester noise was loud enough to carry around the whole stadium, I'm afraid the Watford noise only made it as far as the mic. It certainly couldn't be heard where I stand (L1) which is right next to your end because it was drowned out by Leicester noise.

On a serious note, your support was boring. And we go to you on Sunday where we watch on from a three sided stand with 10,000 less people in?

That Chris bloke off Radio 1 is about the only likeable thing about your club right now.

Oh boy, I just knew this result would bring at least one clueless Watford WUM out of the woodwork.

Your fans were rubbish tonight, mate. Granted, you were up against what was, in my opinion, the best the KP / Walkers has ever been, but even so, i've never known our lot outsing the away end THAT much.

And get some new songs. It's even rarer for our repertoire to look like the Stones back catalogue in comparison to that of the away fans, but you sang the same 2 songs all night & they were the same 2 you sang against us a fortnight ago - only quieter.

Now piss off back to your forum and concentrate on Sunday's game. It's not over yet, but I wish it was so it would shut you muppets up.

The bit I've highlighted is arguably the funniest thing I've ever read. You didn't even sell out!!!!

Eh? I wasn't comparing teams, I was comparing our away followings. Geez.

If you guys want to entertain yourselves with the idea that our support was shit, whatever. I barely heard any Leicester fans who weren't on our immediate left or right.... and apparently you didn't hear us either.

I guess that makes us all deaf *****.

Eh? I wasn't comparing teams, I was comparing our away followings. Geez.

Oh right, the away followings where we've sold out and took more to you earlier in the season than you did to us, I see.

firstly, watford fans - your support was shite, end of, get over yourselves. Now i also have to say the LCFC support was great when we were going forward, but I also think the boys need our support when under the cosh which doesnt happen very often, and it got tense during the 2nd half until we scored. the last 20 minutes gave me goosebumps though, i was stood up all game, fúcking amazing!

This

Watford are fvcking deluded cvnts

Oh right, the away followings where we've sold out and took more to you earlier in the season than you did to us, I see.

I don't think anybody is disputing that.

Do you say that to everybody who has a smaller number of fans?

This is for the Watford fan by the way (who clearly didn't attend the game).

From 1:25 onwards, that chant is coming from the opposite stand to which this video was taken, or in other words, the chanting is coming from your left.

This was probably the quietest chant during the 90 mins, and the Kop didn't even join in for this.

Would have loved to be playing birmingham tonight instead, just because of this guys videos.

Skip to 2:28, sound is quality considering how little the game mattered, can only imaging how much the Elton John fanboys shat themselves after we scored.

No, just trying to find out how you can justify your away following as 'better'.

I just told you, I was comparing Watford's away followings. 

As in, this was not our best following this season. It was not our best atmosphere etc..... 

But regardless of that, I still think we did sing well. I do think that generally our home support is quiet, but we were away today and did well. I don't think any Leicester fans saying otherwise will change what I heard. I just don't see how saying our support was shit proves anything. Your support was quite good from what I heard. That doesn't subtract from our efforts though.

I just told you, I was comparing Watford's away followings. 

As in, this was not our best following this season. It was not our best atmosphere etc..... 

But regardless of that, I still think we did sing well. I do think that generally our home support is quiet, but we were away today and did well. I don't think any Leicester fans saying otherwise will change what I heard. I just don't see how saying our support was shit proves anything. Your support was quite good from what I heard. That doesn't subtract from our efforts though.

I think there's a lot of misunderstandings going on here. I heard you once or twice but from where I was (Kop), our atmosphere was phenomenal. Just seen game on sky and they must dampen the sound on their microphones because it did not even in the slightest give our sound justice. Couple of neutral journos commented saying the place went nuts after our goal. Was very happy with our atmosphere tonight. On a similar note, not selling out a 2000 allocation for a play off semi for a nice trip up the M1 is very poor indeed.

Top atmosphere, those clappers work - for those who don't wont to chant you clap and raise the noise!
We were so LOUD after we scored, when everyone sang 'Que Sera Sera' and people were holding up flags and scarfs, great sense of togetherness in that game and I was proud to support my local team, rather than Man Utd etc.
.... If you want to find an example of a sore loser it's Watford. "They were shit", "their fans are shit", "away fans are rubbish" blah blah blah. YOU DIDN'T EVEN SELL OUT YOUR END!!!!!

Archived