Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

The atmosphere tonight...

Got to laugh at Watford talking about home support, I was at the league game in November at Vicarage Road, and despite them winning the home support did not sing once. I remember me and my brother saying how strange it was as didn't appear to be any loud section of the home support at all they were all sitting in complete silence like they were at a tennis match. Don't think our support will have any problem drowning them out on Sunday so the hopefully the home advantage will count for little.

Think it just shows the commitment of our owners.

Free clappers a few weeks ago, free t-shirts at forest, and now they have adapted the away end into a library .

Just brilliant

Our owners are brilliant. Free clappers tonight, free t-shirts at forest.

Then they decide to top it all by installing a library in the away end, just brilliant.

It must've been loud.  Poor old Grewks is concussed.

Just wondering if anyone has any decent pictures of the crowd last night? The clapper things looked great during the chants but my phone ran out of battery pre-match so couldn't get a picture or one of the sea of blue and white at the start.

Do you think that is maybe because you weren't as loud as you think you were and we were louder than you think we were?  If not, what is the reason it didn't come across on TV (or in the away section for that matter)?

this is just mind blowing, i'm speechless. Either i'm dreaming and haven't woke up yet or your drunk 

harrowhorn, on 10 May 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:snapback.png

Do you think that is maybe because you weren't as loud as you think you were and we were louder than you think we were?  If not, what is the reason it didn't come across on TV (or in the away section for that matter)?

did you even go to the game?

the atmosphere will be good for the return leg....because Leicester fans will be there.

Watford fans have been terrible everytime I've seen a match there and their fans are the oddest bunch you'll ever meet.

Do we really want the likes of Watford in the Premiership..wasnt Reading Fc enough?

At the end of the day you have to be at the game to have an opinion on noise. I watched from home on sky last night (work commitments, don’t shoot me!) and I thought the support was good but not ‘mental’ like some people are saying. I heard Watford in patches for a total of about 10 minutes during the whole game, so you can see where their delusion may have come from. From listening on the tele the only song that seemed to carry through the whole ground was I love you. The TV doesn’t give a true reflection of what the game was actually like, and it was the case last night.

The roar from even winning a corner let alone the goal was great though despite watching from home.

You can talk about the acoustics or the Sky mic’s, but at the end of the day you have to be there, and that’s why live football is better.

Also on a side note, to not sell out a 2000 allocation in a play-off game?....meh. I would even expect Coventry to sell that out!

WYS

must be talking about your fans.

Not at all, barely heard anything from yours till you scored. Didn't help with all the plastics there I guess, other week was much louder from the away ends point of view believe me.

Not at all, barely heard anything from yours till you scored. Didn't help with all the plastics there I guess, other week was much louder from the away ends point of view believe me.

sell out a 2000 allocation for a PLAY OFF game… then we’ll talk.

sell out a 2000 allocation for a PLAY OFF game… then we’ll talk.

What's this got to do with our noise? I'm talking about yours... Not insulting anyone, just thought the atmosphere was much better 2 weeks ago, as did the people I was with, was fairly quiet in the first half. Not too hard to grasp is it?

I thought our support and atmosphere was cracking at times last night. Yes we did have a quiet spell during the start of the second half, we always do but to say Watford outsung us or our atmosphere wasn't great, then you are seriously deluded.

Watford fans had two songs, which when sung were pretty loud but jesus those guys are dull. No wonder "you don't want to go home," a quarter of your stadium is falling down for a start!

What's this got to do with our noise? I'm talking about yours... Not insulting anyone, just thought the atmosphere was much better 2 weeks ago, as did the people I was with, was fairly quiet in the first half. Not too hard to grasp is it?

Rather looking forward to going to watford now. Lets see how much of an atmosphere you can muster. it must be like a European night at the San Siro if you thought last night wasnt great.

WYS

Alex Geijo says the Hornets were anything but surprised by the tough challenge they faced at Leicester

SWISS striker Alex Geijo admitted that Gianfranco Zola’s Watford side were given a real test as they went down 1-0 to Leicester City in the Play-Off Semi-Final first leg.

The Udinese loan man, who came into the starting XI for the suspended Troy Deeney, said he was still optimistic of the Hornets' chances ahead of the second leg on Sunday (May 12).

“We know it was a difficult game, it was a Semi-Final. They made it difficult for us in the way they played. 

“They pressed us hard, and put pressure on us, so it’s difficult for the defence to cope for 90 minutes. 

“Sometimes, when you’re under pressure, you have to go more direct, and their defenders are big, and strong, and made things difficult. It was hard, but you have to play these games too. It’s not always easy. 

“Sunday we have another opportunity. It wasn’t the best result because we lost, but it’s only 1-0. We need to win at home, and why can’t we?”

Geijo called on his team-mates to stay in high spirits as they focus on their “dream” of reaching the Play-Off Final, and said the Golden Boys' fans will play as big a part in getting the team there as the Foxes' support did in pushing the home side to a first leg win.

“We’re in the Play-Offs and have an opportunity to arrive at Wembley, and I think it’s a dream. We can’t be down in our mentality, we must stand up. Sunday is a final for us.

“We need to go out and play football, and win the game. If you can score lots of goals then that’s better.

"We hope the stadium is full, and the fans’ mentality is positive. On Sunday [the End Of Season Awards Dinner] we saw a lot of fans and it was good for us.

“Just look at today. I don’t think Leicester were necessarily better than us, but their fans were great, and pushed the team. Sometimes, they are the ones who put on the pressure.

“It’s an advantage playing at home, they had it tonight and Sunday it’s our turn. If we use the fans, press a lot and create opportunities, we can win.”

Read more at http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/130509-geijo-post-foxes-816436.aspx?#Y3r35OeqbqvyPYwc.99

Archived