Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

'Watford are Young and Inexperienced'

I just wanted to post what the Sky Sports commentator said during the match which was 'Watford are young and inexperienced' and it had me nodding my head before the first goal even went in. Since the playoffs are like cup matches and if you lose, you are out of the competition, I think it's more about psychology than who has the better players. I just feel going into this, Leicester have the unseen advantage of more experience in terms of player age and previous playoff experience. They also have a one goal advantage which is another huge psychological boost, they can choose whether to play open or closed. Watford have a new, relatively unproven manager and a new team of players who could easily underperform again tomorrow under the pressure. Their team did lose Peterborough also in April and their form has been in decline very recently.

Anyway, just wanted to add some very much needed positivity to the forum since fans can be a little too over critical about their own team. I think the prospects for tomorrow are very high and very likely that things will go the way we want them to. Have faith in the players.

I just wanted to post what the Sky Sports commentator said during the match which was 'Watford are young and inexperienced' and it had me nodding my head before the first goal even went in. Since the playoffs are like cup matches and if you lose, you are out of the competition, I think it's more about psychology than who has the better players. I just feel going into this, Leicester have the unseen advantage of more experience in terms of player age and previous playoff experience. They also have a one goal advantage which is another huge psychological boost, they can choose whether to play open or closed. Watford have a new, relatively unproven manager and a new team of players who could easily underperform again tomorrow under the pressure. Their team did lose Peterborough also in April and their form has been in decline very recently.

Anyway, just wanted to add some very much needed positivity to the forum since fans can be a little too over critical about their own team. I think the prospects for tomorrow are very high and very likely that things will go the way we want them to. Have faith in the players.

I think you'll find that Leicester have the 3rd or 4th youngest squad in the whole football league. Can't find the stats at the moment but someone put a table on this forum somewhere a couple of months back

They're not that young really.

Almunia 35

Doyley 30

Pudil 27 

Cassetti 35

Chalobah 18

Ekstrand 24

Hogg 24

Anya 25

Abdi 26

Vydra 21

Geijo 30

Hall 32

Briggs 22

Forestieri 23

We've certainly got a younger and more inexperienced side. Plus, some their players have Champions League experience too.

I guess we can add this to the Sky pundits' pearls of wisdom thread.

Guest BlueBrett

I think you'll find that Leicester have the 3rd or 4th youngest squad in the whole football league. Can't find the stats at the moment but someone put a table on this forum somewhere a couple of months back

True but with Kasper, Wes, Kingy and Nuge we have a pretty experienced 'spine'.

We have quite a few inexperienced players as well. In fact most of them in the starting 11 are early 20s, only 2 over 30 I think (how old is Morgan?). And lets be honest, we have bottled it several times this season, when we were in 2nd for example, and all the late goals we conceded on the bad run.

As the Watford fan says, they have nothing to lose and that will suit them more than us who will probably try to defend the lead with a less than convincing defence.

Almunia 35

Doyley 30

Pudil 27 

Cassetti 35

Chalobah 18

Ekstrand 24

Hogg 24

Anya 25

Abdi 26

Vydra 21

Geijo 30

Hall 32

Briggs 22

Forestieri 23

We've certainly got a younger and more inexperienced side. Plus, some their players have Champions League experience too.

There's literally only two players in that (Chalobah & Vydra) who I'd consider youngsters.

That team against...

Schmeichel 26

De Laet 24

Morgan 29

Keane 20

Schlupp 20

Knockaert 21

James 21

King 24

Dyer 30

Wood 21

Nugent 28

Kane 19

Drinkwater 23

That's amazing really. I really do under-estimate how young our squad is. 6 of the 13 used 21 or under.

Problem for Watford is that a lot of their loanees probably don't care much if they are in the Prem next season or not.

I'm not sure how true that is.  I imagine many of them will be moved to London permanently if they make the Prem, which would surely be a bit of an incentive? (It wouldn't be for me, mind - I'd rather fvck up the playoffs if it meant not moving to London permanently).

Almunia 35

Doyley 30

Pudil 27 

Cassetti 35

Chalobah 18

Ekstrand 24

Hogg 24

Anya 25

Abdi 26

Vydra 21

Geijo 30

Hall 32

Briggs 22

Forestieri 23

Are those next season's Fifa ratings?

Based on Thursday's team which had Schlupp in it. Strange that we've won our two biggest games so far with him over Konchesky.

Are those next season's Fifa ratings?

Almunia shouldn't be that high.

Almunia 35

Doyley 30

Pudil 27 

Cassetti 35

Chalobah 18

Ekstrand 24

Hogg 24

Anya 25

Abdi 26

Vydra 21

Geijo 30

Hall 32

Briggs 22

Forestieri 23

Chalobah is only 18!?! Bloody hell, that lad grew fast. He's built like a tank.

Archived