Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Knockaert "dive"

Is it?

It's within the rules.

Would you be moaning if we'd done it? Doubt it.

They found a loophole and exploited it.

TBH if anything i'd say its harder to build a team around young, inexperience, non-English who have never experience the English league players.

Tax evasion is within the rules - do you encourage that? Yes it's within the law but it's quite clearly massively unethical.

And I don't accept that argument that them loaning in players has somehow made it difficult for them. They have access to better players than most, they have an advantage - I find this strikingly obvious to be quite honest.

But the standard of those players is far higher than those who have experienced the championship. They're all from a Serie A side and a La Liga side

Tax evasion is within the rules - do you encourage that? Yes it's within the law but it's quite clearly massively unethical.

And I don't accept that argument that them loaning in players has somehow made it difficult for them. They have access to better players than most, they have an advantage - I find this strikingly obvious to be quite honest.

Deal with it, if it brings success, we'll do it next season, ok?

If it's that easy we'll get promotion, or stand a better chance of success anyway.

If it's that easy we'll get promotion, or stand a better chance of success anyway.

But we can't, we don't have a brother club owned by our owners willing to give us these players for free/on season-long loans. Udinese even bought a player specifically to play for Watford in Cassetti apparently...

No, diving is literally diving. Throwing yourself over, except not into water, but to the ground.

Was there a foul? I saw him pulled back outside the area, and I saw him touched on the shoulder in the area. Is that enough to impede him seriously? I'm certainly not sure. I think he maybe could have kept going and pulled it back.

If he was seriously impeded fair enough, I'd like the referee to give a penalty for it. But its not up to the players to take the rules into their own hands, he threw himself to the floor, of that there is no doubt, and that is not right, whether you are impeded or not.

Call it a dive if you want. End of the day he was fouled and needed to go down to get the penalty. If anyone has a problem with that they should take it up with all the crap referees who don't give fould without an appeal

Diving will never be kicked out, part of the game. Soft peno but the guy shouldn't have out his arm over knocky anyway. Wouldn't call it justice. Bigger problems in football. Like renting a team from another club to get you out of a division.

What a wonderfully crafted response - "deal with it" - No thanks.

I intend to draw attention to the exploitative behaviour that Watford have engaged in this season and it is my hope they are made to suffer for it.

And no we won't do it next season as our owners only own one club, sorry to point out the enormous flaw in your plan.

Guest ttfn

****ing hell I agree with MooseBreath. Probably ought to quit before this goes anywhere.

Definite bromance potential

But we can't, we don't have a brother club owned by our owners willing to give us these players for free/on season-long loans. Udinese even bought a player specifically to play for Watford in Cassetti apparently...

Get contacts, get affiliations with clubs, offer to take their younger players on loan to give them experience and provide us with success, at the end of the day Udinese haven't loaned Watford their best players, they have loaned them their younger players to gain exprience.

If it's so easy to gain success using the loan system, with the money the owners have i'm sure they could buy their way into an affiliation with a top club and if it's such an easy way of guarenteeing success the money payed to buy into such an affiliation will pay for itself won't it.

Guest ttfn

I intend to draw attention to the exploitative behaviour that Watford have engaged in this season and it is my hope they are made to suffer for it.

And no we won't do it next season as our owners only own one club, sorry to point out the enormous flaw in your plan.

I think Zola has done an incredible job to get a team of loanees playing together as well as he has.

They deserved it over the two legs. Still, it's absolutely sickening that they won in the manner they did. They led for 1 minute in the whole tie.

Ok, carry on feeling sorry for yourself, if it makes you feel better.

Personally i'd rather carry on, get on with things and sort things rather than crying and feeling sort for myself, perhaps it's just my mindset though.

Get contacts, get affiliations with clubs, offer to take their younger players on loan to give them experience and provide us with success, at the end of the day Udinese haven't loaned Watford their best players, they have loaned them their younger players to gain exprience.

If it's so easy to gain success using the loan system, with the money the owners have i'm sure they could buy their way into an affiliation with a top club and if it's such an easy way of guarenteeing success the money payed to buy into such an affiliation will pay for itself won't it.

You're not getting my point. Because they own these clubs the pozzos are willing to loan 7, yes 7, players to one club (Watford). We have a good relationship with Utd and have taken their players on loan (not 7 at once mind you) and we have had to pay for their players, ie James, Drinkwater, De Laet etc.... Whereas if Watford go up they will get these players for free. They won't have to pay for them! They have already signed Forestieri for free. Udinese are surely pissed because they aren't getting any money out of it for their club

You're not getting my point. Because they own these clubs the pozzos are willing to loan 7, yes 7, players to one club (Watford). We have a good relationship with Utd and have taken their players on loan (not 7 at once mind you) and we have had to pay for their players, ie James, Drinkwater, De Laet etc.... Whereas if Watford go up they will get these players for free. They won't have to pay for them! They have already signed Forestieri for free. Udinese are surely pissed because they aren't getting any money out of it for their club

And you (And Harry) are not getting my point, if Leicester did this, would it be 'immoral', would it be 'unethical'...I dare say it wouldn't.

Get over it.

It was a penalty, the guy was intentionally yanking Knockaert by pulling his shoulder around and twisting him off balance.  He tried to do it quickly and subtly so the ref wouldn't notice.

And you (And Harry) are not getting my point, if Leicester did this, would it be 'immoral', would it be 'unethical'...I dare say it wouldn't.

Get over it.

I give up. Of course I'd be more biased but I'd still feel there was something wrong about it

Pretty sure we have had our fair share of Man Utd reserve players loaned to us in recent times yet again to some of our fans its ok when we do something yet moan when other teams do something simular

No you wouldn't, you wouldn't give two fucks if we were in Watfords position right now.

Ah, good we've got a mind reader who can read minds in alternate situations as well -  what will I be thinking in an hours time? (got a pub quiz to do you see).

Pretty sure we have had our fair share of Man Utd reserve players loaned to us in recent times yet again to some of our fans its ok when we do something yet moan when other teams do something simular

Difference being they were taken on normal loans, and didn't make up the bulk of the team. Watford meanwhile have just been sent Udinese's spares, and due to the international loop hole have been able to make up a team full of loanees. It's unethical - why do you think the FA has rules forbidding multiple ownerships (of british clubs anyway)?

Archived