Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Knockaert "dive"

Maradona is only a cvnt in England, the Argentinians love him, and that is who he is playing for, just like the Leicester players are playing for themselves. I'm not condoning diving, but if you win you sort of forget, it's only because the penalty was missed and lead to the goal that everyone is being so arsey.

Everyone still thinks Maradona is a cvnt though.

You have a terrible attitude to sport. If sport isn't played fairly what's the point? We may as well not take it seriously.

Should we ban football then? Cheating happens every game in every division, it's just that sometimes it isn't in a game like today.

Yeah he went down easily, but there's an arm on his shoulder and a tug - by the letter of the law that's a foul. Besides we should have had one first half - De Laets volley from the corner is blocked by the arm, which is up. It's like blackpool at home in september - clear one not given, dubious one given: things evened themselves out on that front.

Justice? Hmmm. The focus today is on the pen, but where was the justice in the 10 minutes that Almunia wasted during the first leg with his constant moaning at the ref and fecking about. Did we get the extra time that might have given us a second goal? Did he get booked or sent off? No, so no justice there.When we got the pen, I thought that's Karma coming your way mate.  

Towards the end of the first leg we were more than happy to see it out 1-0.

Plus your keeper being economic with the time is not really the same as diving in the same way Knockaert did, I'm amazed the ref even gave it to be honest he needs demoting.

Should we ban football then? Cheating happens every game in every division, it's just that sometimes it isn't in a game like today.

I know it goes on all the while, that's the fvcking problem.

If people condone it time and again more people will do it.

I can't understand why you don't think it's wrong and are so happy for everyone to cheat.

Chris "The Biz" O'Grady

•  
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 21,725 posts

Posted Today, 02:08 PM

As it says, part of me was geniunely happy the twat missed, and there needs to be tougher laws bought in for players who have been found to purposely dive after video evidence, only way we are going to get rid of it.

Justice was done today.

twat

I know it goes on all the while, that's the fvcking problem.

If people condone it time and again more people will do it.

I can't understand why you don't think it's wrong and are so happy for everyone to cheat.

I do think it's wrong, I just don't understand why people are saying 'justice has been done'. I've been to so many games in my life and watched players dive and win games against Leicester. Some people seem to think we're the only team to have done it.

Yeah he went down easily, but there's an arm on his shoulder and a tug - by the letter of the law that's a foul. Besides we should have had one first half - De Laets volley from the corner is blocked by the arm, which is up. It's like blackpool at home in september - clear one not given, dubious one given: things evened themselves out on that front.

The arm was accidental. Whilst I agree it was a pen there was no premeditated attempt to cheat, even a delibert hanball I can take, it's natural to try and attempt to stop a goal in the heat of the moment by any means possible

Knockaet threw himself to the floor and was quite consious in what he was doing, he's a glory boy, hence his grabbing the ball off the nearest player and demanding to take the penalty without any remorse or second thought for what he had just done, that doesn't sit right for me, and for that reason a part of me  was glad he missed it. Obviously I have a desire to win like eveyone else, and I'm gutted. I'd be happy if we won, but in all honestly rather embarrased as well.

Watford scoreing was the best example of "things evening themselves out" you'll ever see in sport.

Chris "The Biz" O'Grady

•  
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 21,725 posts

Posted Today, 02:08 PM

As it says, part of me was geniunely happy the twat missed, and there needs to be tougher laws bought in for players who have been found to purposely dive after video evidence, only way we are going to get rid of it.

Justice was done today.

twat

It all evens itself out over the season.  We have had penalties turned down and have had soft penalties given against us.  Today we got one but did not capitalise!  In Nigel we still trust.

The arm was accidental. Whilst I agree it was a pen there was no premeditated attempt to cheat, even a delibert hanball I can take, it's natural to try and attempt to stop a goal in the heat of the moment by any means possible

Knockaet threw himself to the floor and was quite consious in what he was doing, he's a glory boy, hence his grabbing the ball off the nearest player and demanding to take the penalty without any remorse or second thought for what he had just done, that doesn't sit right for me, and for that reason a part of me  was glad he missed it. Obviously I have a desire to win like eveyone else, and I'm gutted. I'd be happy if we won, but in all honestly rather embarrased as well.

Watford scoreing was the best example of "things evening themselves out" you'll ever see in sport.

It's not accidental to have your arm at 90 degrees, going like a goalkeeper - the arm up there is the sign of someone who is blocking it by hook or by crook - t'is a definite penalty and a red, all day long: any other call is poor refereeing. As for knocky's - yes it is soft, yes he is looking for it - but he is technically fouled.

And watford scoring is not the best example of things evening themselves out - a miss would perhaps have been retribution, but them ****ing scoring? That's not evening it out - that's a giant kick in the teeth and nothing more.

I do think it's wrong, I just don't understand why people are saying 'justice has been done'. I've been to so many games in my life and watched players dive and win games against Leicester. Some people seem to think we're the only team to have done it.

But I'm not talking about other incidents.

In that particular incident, justice was done.

What you're saying is like saying 'well my mate got locked up for murder, but that's not justice because some twat I don't like murdered someone and got away with it'.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Knockaert took a dive, no question, and it didn't sit well with me either. Despite that, of course I wanted him to score, although as soon as I saw it was him stepping up I KNEW he was gonna miss.

Justice, if you like, would have been easier to swallow if they hadn't gone straight up the other end to score the winner, that must rank in the top 5 of a very definitive list of absolutely gutting LCFC moments.

However, taking off my blue tinted specs, over the 2 legs, Watford were the better side and deserved to win. I hope we give Nige another crack, but next season surely has to be his last chance to get us up given the backing he has received.

Well I'm off to do something more productive with my afternoon.

Although rest assured this thread is now saved to my faviourates to bring out the next time this forum is up in arms about blatent cheating going against us.

Intention makes no difference, if your hand is up and you stop a goal, it has to be a penalty.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately.

I think that would have been a harsh penalty. I also think that the penalty that was given, shouldn't have been, but that it wasn't as clear cut as some are making out on here. But I think the ref should have been certain before giving it, and I just know how certain he could be in those circumstances.

Overall, yes I do think we probably deserved it, being a bit better than you guys, but I'm full of admiration for how Leicester played. They could have been forgiven for just sitting back and making it a dull boring game, but you were positive, enterprising and always a threat, without creating loads of chances, and, lets be honest we needed a little luck at the end.

We'll need a bit of extra luck at Wembley as well, otherwise you'll be seeing us again next season.

All the best next season, unless you play us, but make sure you give that little ignorant Scottish twat from up the M1 a proper stuffing.

PS. I know that your Manager isn't universally popular at City, but he is a gentleman, and I hope he gets success.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately.

I think that would have been a harsh penalty. I also think that the penalty that was given, shouldn't have been, but that it wasn't as clear cut as some are making out on here. But I think the ref should have been certain before giving it, and I just know how certain he could be in those circumstances.

Not really - if the arm is up it's considered to be intent, and I don't see how going in the way he did is anything but intentional: Speaking as a keeper, that's the way you'd go for shots like that: Big body, arm spread wide, get a touch with anything and everything - tip it wide with your knob if it's big enough and there to get in the way: the way he dived him, he was clearly aiming to stop it with anything, even if it's not legal. It's a definite pen.

Why on earth was he allowed to take that penalty?

Everyone knows it's bad luck if the player that was fouled takes the penalty..

And what a piss-poor shot it was... Had he just lifted the ball slightly it would have gone in.. but middle low shot is the worst because most keepers save it with their feet...

But even if he missed... what on earth were Leicester players doing on the counter-attack... One would believe professionals know how to react in these sorts of situations, not run around the place like a chicken with its head cut off... piss-poor defending afterwards was way more costly than the penalty miss...

Overall, yes I do think we probably deserved it, being a bit better than you guys, but I'm full of admiration for how Leicester played. They could have been forgiven for just sitting back and making it a dull boring game, but you were positive, enterprising and always a threat, without creating loads of chances, and, lets be honest we needed a little luck at the end.

We'll need a bit of extra luck at Wembley as well, otherwise you'll be seeing us again next season.

All the best next season, unless you play us, but make sure you give that little ignorant Scottish twat from up the M1 a proper stuffing.

PS. I know that your Manager isn't universally popular at City, but he is a gentleman, and I hope he gets success.

But when has that rule ever been the case? The fact is it hasn't, handballs are rarely deliberate and yet there are plenty of handballs rightly given as penalties.

The real rule, the one that referees follow and is fair, is that if your arm isn't in a natural or neutral position, it's handball.

How can your arm be up, you stop it from going in the goal, and it not be a penalty? How is that fair? If he keeps his arm at the right height it's a fvcking goal.

Whether justice was done or not the referee made a wrong decision in our favour, all the fans throughout the season who have moaned about referee's making bad decisions, they made one in our favour today.

This proves teams still need to make the most of their chances to score.

We were given a guilt edged chance rightly or wrongly in our favour today, we didn't take it. Sums up our season to be honest.

Not really - if the arm is up it's considered to be intent, and I don't see how going in the way he did is anything but intentional: Speaking as a keeper, that's the way you'd go for shots like that: Big body, arm spread wide, get a touch with anything and everything - tip it wide with your knob if it's big enough and there to get in the way: the way he dived him, he was clearly aiming to stop it with anything, even if it's not legal. It's a definite pen.

I was responding to the poster that said that it doesn't need to be deliberate, so I just quoted the Law.

To be honest, I would need to see it again. I was at the game and only saw the last 5 minutes on video once I got home.

But I'm not talking about other incidents.

In that particular incident, justice was done.

What you're saying is like saying 'well my mate got locked up for murder, but that's not justice because some twat I don't like murdered someone and got away with it'.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Think you're taking this a bit too far. It's not comaprable to a murder situation like that.

I was responding to the poster that said that it doesn't need to be deliberate, so I just quoted the Law.

To be honest, I would need to see it again. I was at the game and only saw the last 5 minutes on video once I got home.

I was watching in the pub and saw at least 3 replays - his arm is up in the air, going like a keeper in a scramble - he doesn't move his arm towards it, he doesn't need to - it's going where his arm is - but as kitchandro says: if his arm is in a normal position, it's a goal: definite handball and should be a penalty + red card.

Archived