Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Knockaert "dive"

Not really - if the arm is up it's considered to be intent, and I don't see how going in the way he did is anything but intentional: Speaking as a keeper, that's the way you'd go for shots like that: Big body, arm spread wide, get a touch with anything and everything - tip it wide with your knob if it's big enough and there to get in the way: the way he dived him, he was clearly aiming to stop it with anything, even if it's not legal. It's a definite pen.

It's a penalty he stopped the ball crossing the line with his arm. Possible even a red card as he shouldn't have his arms out like that.  

But to suggest he stopped the ball on purpose is ludicrous, his arms out to break his fall before it's even been kicked. I think Neo would have stuggled to react to purposely handball in that situation. So the blame is all with the ref.

It does not excuse blatent cheating, I've been on here a long time and heard so many people complain when it goes against us, yet when it goes for us, it's allowed. Sorry, no.

Think you're taking this a bit too far. It's not comaprable to a murder situation like that.

We're talking about justice here. If you're not bothered about justice in football because it's only football and not a murder trial, that's one thing.

But my example highlights what justice is. It's not about what other people do, it's about a particular situation. You can't measure justice on what everyone else does, it's either right or it's wrong.

What you're saying is you aren't bothered about justice.

We're talking about justice here. If you're not bothered about justice in football because it's only football and not a murder trial, that's one thing.

But my example highlights what justice is. It's not about what other people do, it's about a particular situation. You can't measure justice on what everyone else does, it's either right or it's wrong.

What you're saying is you aren't bothered about justice.

In football (and football only) I'm not too bothered about it.

Because every other team have players that cheat. And I'm not going to sit here and post 'justice was done' against one of our own players.

Throughout the season, we have scored goals that we didn't deserve through 'cheating'... We probably shouldn't have even deserved 6th.

I was watching in the pub and saw at least 3 replays - his arm is up in the air, going like a keeper in a scramble - he doesn't move his arm towards it, he doesn't need to - it's going where his arm is - but as kitchandro says: if his arm is in a normal position, it's a goal: definite handball and should be a penalty + red card.

Maybe, I can't argue with you at the mo.

Many have argued that when Hogg was brought down in the first leg, it was a definite pen and a red card. We will both point at decisions that havn't gone in our favour.

As I said, I think we needed a little luck today, but i don't think you can argue that over the season, the nine point difference, and the fact that we probably edged it over the 2 legs, that we probably deserved it.

In football (and football only) I'm not too bothered about it.

Because every other team have players that cheat. And I'm not going to sit here and post 'justice was done' against one of our own players.

Throughout the season, we have scored goals that we didn't deserve through 'cheating'... We probably shouldn't have even deserved 6th.

Ok, as long as you acknowledge justice was done in that particular incident.

Wasn't a dive. Contact was made while he was running at full speed. The only intention of the contact was to push him off the ball. Doesn't matter how hard the push was, all that matters is that their player intentionally tried to put Knocky off his stride by pushing him. Knocky didn't need to go to ground but everyone knows if you don't go down you don't get a foul.

Wasn't a dive. Contact was made while he was running at full speed. The only intention of the contact was to push him off the ball. Doesn't matter how hard the push was, all that matters is that their player intentionally tried to put Knocky off his stride by pushing him. Knocky didn't need to go to ground but everyone knows if you don't go down you don't get a foul.

So it was a dive then.

Do you realise what diving is? Its throwing yourself to the ground, as opposed to being tripped up or pushed over.

Guest ttfn

So it was a dive then.

Do you realise what diving is? Its throwing yourself to the ground, as opposed to being tripped up or pushed over.

I am longing for the day that somebody gives a foul AND a yellow card for diving.

The idea that the two are mutually exclusive is ridiculous.

So I put it to all you 'it wasn't a dive' people, would you feel it was an injustice if the penalty wasn't given against us, I bet you would.

Regardless of if it was or not I'm happy we were given the penalty, I'm not arguing this, I'm arguing Knockaert should never have been allowed to take the penalty, but for all those people who have blamed referee's thorughout the season, I am asking you would you have felt an injustice if it was given against us, as I said above, I bet you all the money in the world you would.

As it says, part of me was geniunely happy the twat missed, and there needs to be tougher laws bought in for players who have been found to purposely dive after video evidence, only way we are going to get rid of it.

Justice was done today.

Can not believe a so called city fan would put this straight after the game

21,728 posts later and still talking nonsense.

Can he banned please moderator?

So it was a dive then.

A dive is trying to win a free kick or a penalty when there was no foul.

There was a foul. A clear foul.

The unwritten rules of the game, written by decades of dreadful referees, are that if you don't go down, you don't get a foul. Going down thus becomes an appeal. Knocky was fouled, he appealed, he got the penalty. Had he not appealed, the foul would have gone unpunished.

I am longing for the day that somebody gives a foul AND a yellow card for diving.

The idea that the two are mutually exclusive is ridiculous.

Yes I see your point. It's hard for the referee to tell whether there is enough contact, they generally give decisions on how players fall over sadly.

He did put his arm on his shoulder, if he had won the ball from Knockaert as a result I'd like to have seen a penalty given. But could he have gone on? I think maybe he could have, it's hard to tell.

Not even the most staunt Leicester City fan can claim that it was a foul.

Knockaert just threw himself to the floor.

I'm not saying I'm glad he missed, I'm absolutely gutted, really really upset still.

But I am Leicester through and through and want us to win at all costs.

As a neutral though, I'd be glad that Leicester lost because I hate to see diving.

A dive is trying to win a free kick or a penalty when there was no foul.

There was a foul. A clear foul.

The unwritten rules of the game, written by decades of dreadful referees, are that if you don't go down, you don't get a foul. Going down thus becomes an appeal. Knocky was fouled, he appealed, he got the penalty. Had he not appealed, the foul would have gone unpunished.

No, diving is literally diving. Throwing yourself over, except not into water, but to the ground.

Was there a foul? I saw him pulled back outside the area, and I saw him touched on the shoulder in the area. Is that enough to impede him seriously? I'm certainly not sure. I think he maybe could have kept going and pulled it back.

If he was seriously impeded fair enough, I'd like the referee to give a penalty for it. But its not up to the players to take the rules into their own hands, he threw himself to the floor, of that there is no doubt, and that is not right, whether you are impeded or not.

As it says, part of me was geniunely happy the twat missed, and there needs to be tougher laws bought in for players who have been found to purposely dive after video evidence, only way we are going to get rid of it.

Justice was done today.

You sir are a ****

Justice was done? No.

Knockaert cheated today, he dived and I accept that.

But you're forgetting something - have Watford played fair this season? Have they? Is playing 8 loan players ethical behaviour?

OP, you're very wrong. Over the course of the season Watford FC do not deserve a place at Wembley, the righteous sequence of events would actually have been to send them out on a contentious penatly.

Justice was done? No.

Knockaert cheated today, he dived and I accept that.

But you're forgetting something - have Watford played fair this season? Have they? Is playing 8 loan players ethical behaviour.

OP, you're very wrong. Over the course of the season Watford FC do not deserve a place at Wembley, the righteous sequence of events would actually have been to send them out on a contentious penatly.

Is it?

It's within the rules.

Would you be moaning if we'd done it? Doubt it.

They found a loophole and exploited it.

TBH if anything i'd say its harder to build a team around young, inexperience, of whom the majortiy are non-English players who have never experience the English leagues.

Is it?

It's within the rules.

Would you be moaning if we'd done it? Doubt it.

They found a loophole and exploited it.

TBH if anything i'd say its harder to build a team around young, inexperience, non-English who have never experience the English league players.

But the standard of those players is far higher than those who have experienced the championship. They're all from a Serie A side and a La Liga side

Archived