Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockyatwigston

Get rid of Alan Young

Wouldn't mind Ali Muchelin or Walshy replacing him.

Walshy! When hollowhead took us down Steve Walsh did lots of radio commentary alongside stringer, he was shocking IMO. Never failed to say we'd win games during then last 5 mins when we were losing, always thought we'd pull it out the bag when in reality we never did, or even looked likely to. The mans a legend, but he's no great raconteur!

I`m sick of listening to the crap on the radio from self acclaimed football expert Alan Young. Listening to him after the watford game on sunday he expressed his disappointment that after Knocky missed the penalty Andy King didnt take a booking for the team by sticking out a leg to stop Deeney getting into our box. This is a man who preaches about fair play, What sort of example was that to youngsters listening to the game. Are they only worried about fair play so long as city are winning. This idiot has already been given too much air time and to top it all he appears on the telly tonight giving his stupid views. GET RID!!

Have you heard the dross every other team has to listen to on match days in our league?

I hate Alan Young but I have no problem with a cynical, professional foul in the 95th minute if it saves you the game.

I've no idea how nobody clattered a Watford player on that break, I can only assume everyone thought we'd already won.

I`m sick of listening to the crap on the radio from self acclaimed football expert Alan Young. Listening to him after the watford game on sunday he expressed his disappointment that after Knocky missed the penalty Andy King didnt take a booking for the team by sticking out a leg to stop Deeney getting into our box. This is a man who preaches about fair play, What sort of example was that to youngsters listening to the game. Are they only worried about fair play so long as city are winning. This idiot has already been given too much air time and to top it all he appears on the telly tonight giving his stupid views. GET RID!!

shut the  **** up .best co commentator on radio leicester fo a while, plus used to be a pro footballer. unlike you who proberly only plasy fifa so has no idea. go back to your fifa game

Wish people would stop talking about fair play all the time. Nobody moans when somebody does a 'professional' foul when a team is on the break and gets booked- surely that's cheating too? These things are part of the game, and he would have got his punishment.

If it was the World Cup final and i was a defender with a striker running through on goal in the last minute, I'd rugby tackle him and get sent off for the team. When you dive you know the risk of getting booked. Suarez knew what he was doing when he handballed on the line against Ghana- but his team won and he got punished.

It's come to a point in football where you have to be clever and take calculated risks. I don't agree with diving, but it is no different to the hundreds of decisions when somebody 'takes one for the team' and gets booked when the other team is on the break IMO

Couldn't agree more. I remember away at Cardiff one season (might have been in the cup) when I think howard/fryatt were in on goal, their player fowled us and got a red card. Gally skied it.

Bollocks to the fair play of it all when I'd rather be down to 10 men and half an hour from Wembely than knocked out.

P.S. Have you listened to other commntaries. I remember when Foxes Player wasn't working and we had to listen to Scunthorpe's. It was shocking. Most of the other ones are bored BBC journalists. At least Stringer & Young have some passion.

Guest MattP

Can't believe anyone wants rid of Youngy.

Think the guy is class.

Do people remember just how awful the show was when Walsh or Piper was doing it?

Guest MattP

I stopped listening to him after he slated every black player we had.

Big Wes was his player of the year.

lol  Ahhh its the six monthly bashing of Youngy!! that came round quick!

To be fair he has made some stupid mistakes and said some dumb things, but I reckon he's improved. We have better commentary than alot of other clubs.

Guest MattP

I haven't listened much this year, but I remember when he was pissed off that Beckford was taking his ring off once.

I would be.

It's pisspoor if player's aren't prepared to come on when they are a substitute.

Archived