Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockyatwigston

Get rid of Alan Young

Have you heard the dross every other team has to listen to on match days in our league?

I listened to a lot of the Ipswich commentary on our home game against them, and it was superb.  The guy was clear and calm, and described everything as it happened on the pitch.  That's how I want it;  I want to be able to follow the game as if I were there.  Stringer and Young keep diverting onto other subjects, leaving you hanging, and they often almost miss goals.

It's not good enough to say that there are worse commentators.  Stringer & Young need to improve.

Alan Young is the moaning fan that I always seem to end up sitting in front of.

All he does is complain, or begrudgingly give out praise, and is a master of hindsight, but I would much rather have a positive summariser than a negative one, but ideally a balanced one who can give insight into the game rather than just criticise.

Stringer I don't mind but Young just does my head in.

I`m sick of listening to the crap on the radio from self acclaimed football expert Alan Young. Listening to him after the watford game on sunday he expressed his disappointment that after Knocky missed the penalty Andy King didnt take a booking for the team by sticking out a leg to stop Deeney getting into our box. This is a man who preaches about fair play, What sort of example was that to youngsters listening to the game. Are they only worried about fair play so long as city are winning. This idiot has already been given too much air time and to top it all he appears on the telly tonight giving his stupid views. GET RID!!

lol

Alan Young is the moaning fan that I always seem to end up sitting in front of.

All he does is complain, or begrudgingly give out praise, and is a master of hindsight, but I would much rather have a positive summariser than a negative one, but ideally a balanced one who can give insight into the game rather than just criticise.

Stringer I don't mind but Young just does my head in.

I'm hardly the best person to pass judgement as I probably only listen to them about 4-5 times a season but.....

He is a complete idiot in footballing terms, some of his opinions are increadible, such as his claim that 4-4-2 was a dead formation that no proffesional team ever plays anymore in 2011.

However he means well, has the confidence and ability to speak clearly, doesn't speak in mono tone. Clearly loves the team and wants them to do well, and some of his gaffs make me howell with laughter, so it's not all bad.

I've made my opinions on the dive made perfectly clear so I wont go into it again but had it gone against us I can pretty much guarantee Alan Young would be one of these people that have been quick to defend Knockaert, but had it gone against us he'd of flipped his lid and made the opposition player out to be the devil incarnate and called for changes in the rules.

I'm hardly the best person to pass judgement as I probably only listen to them about 4-5 times a season but.....

He is a complete idiot in footballing terms, some of his opinions are increadible, such as his claim that 4-4-2 was a dead formation that no proffesional team ever plays anymore in 2011.

However he means well, has the confidence and ability to speak clearly, doesn't speak in mono tone. Clearly loves the team and wants them to do well, and some of his gaffs make me howell with laughter, so it's not all bad.

I've made my opinions on the dive made perfectly clear so I wont go into it again but had it gone against us I can pretty much guarantee Alan Young would be one of these people that have been quick to defend Knockaert, but had it gone against us he'd of flipped his lid and made the opposition player out to be the devil incarnate and called for changes in the rules.

Hardly any top level team that wins anything plays that system now Manwell, either here or in Europe. Even Man Utd dare not risk it when playing Champions League. 

I can't stand alan young so I'm going to stop paying my licence fee until he is sacked from bbc radio leicester.

You do realise how little of your licence fee goes towards the running of local radio stations right?

Alan Youngs stays , hes the best commentator weve ever had at Raido Leicester ,  

the problem is many City fan know f**** all about football ,  

its not long ago when fans on here thought Yuki Abe was premiership quality lol lol lol lol

Leave Youngy alone. I've just had it confirmed by someone who sat VERY close to him at the Forest game that he was in fact in tears when Knocky scored the winner.  He may not be perfect, but he shows true passion for our club. Better than that idiot Green on R5Live. 

Hardly any top level team that wins anything plays that system now Manwell, either here or in Europe. Even Man Utd dare not risk it when playing Champions League. 

Granted but that's not quite what he said is it. He said no one ever played it, when United had played 4-4-2 that very day and won. Silly comment.

In the same phone in he claimed only a blithering idiot would sack Sven Goran Erickson. And within 18 hours of Youngy saying that the Thais had sacked him lol

Has anyone heard Er matty Er piper Er when he was Er on...or the articulate walshie ???..as ex player commentators go youngy may have his faults but his passion for lcfc makes up for it...give him a break

I can't believe this headline...

Can't people see that we NEED stability at this club!

At the end of the day Alan Young has achieved TWO play off campaigns with Pearson in charge! He's also seen through the reduction of the wage bill and significantly improved the squad with young, hungry players.

At the end of the day, it's the player's responsibility once they cross the white line to justify Young's expert view of the game. For example, Kingy should have 100% sacked his morals and fouled Deeney.

Keeping Young at the club will ensure continuity and confidence within the players...we cannot afford to jump on the merry go round of commentators. It's not good for players or for FFP.

He understands NP's tactical nous like no others and his optimism and faith in NP inspires me no end.

Keep Young. Keep Pearson. Keep Championship Status!

I can't believe this headline...

Can't people see that we NEED stability at this club!

At the end of the day Alan Young has achieved TWO play off campaigns with Pearson in charge! He's also seen through the reduction of the wage bill and significantly improved the squad with young, hungry players.

At the end of the day, it's the player's responsibility once they cross the white line to justify Young's expert view of the game. For example, Kingy should have 100% sacked his morals and fouled Deeney.

Keeping Young at the club will ensure continuity and confidence within the players...we cannot afford to jump on the merry go round of commentators. It's not good for players or for FFP.

He understands NP's tactical nous like no others and his optimism and faith in NP inspires me no end.

Keep Young. Keep Pearson. Keep Championship Status!

Snore.

First post? Hopefully it'll be your last too.

Archived