Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockyatwigston

Get rid of Alan Young

I`m sick of listening to the crap on the radio from self acclaimed football expert Alan Young. Listening to him after the watford game on sunday he expressed his disappointment that after Knocky missed the penalty Andy King didnt take a booking for the team by sticking out a leg to stop Deeney getting into our box. This is a man who preaches about fair play, What sort of example was that to youngsters listening to the game. Are they only worried about fair play so long as city are winning. This idiot has already been given too much air time and to top it all he appears on the telly tonight giving his stupid views. GET RID!!

I`m sick of listening to the crap on the radio from self acclaimed football expert Alan Young. Listening to him after the watford game on sunday he expressed his disappointment that after Knocky missed the penalty Andy King didnt take a booking for the team by sticking out a leg to stop Deeney getting into our box. This is a man who preaches about fair play, What sort of example was that to youngsters listening to the game. Are they only worried about fair play so long as city are winning. This idiot has already been given too much air time and to top it all he appears on the telly tonight giving his stupid views. GET RID!!

I don't think you realise how lucky we are to have Stringer and Young as a commentary team.

Radio Leicester coverage is phenomenal in my opinion.

Wish people would stop talking about fair play all the time. Nobody moans when somebody does a 'professional' foul when a team is on the break and gets booked- surely that's cheating too? These things are part of the game, and he would have got his punishment.

If it was the World Cup final and i was a defender with a striker running through on goal in the last minute, I'd rugby tackle him and get sent off for the team. When you dive you know the risk of getting booked. Suarez knew what he was doing when he handballed on the line against Ghana- but his team won and he got punished.

It's come to a point in football where you have to be clever and take calculated risks. I don't agree with diving, but it is no different to the hundreds of decisions when somebody 'takes one for the team' and gets booked when the other team is on the break IMO

Wish people would stop talking about fair play all the time. Nobody moans when somebody does a 'professional' foul when a team is on the break and gets booked- surely that's cheating too? These things are part of the game, and he would have got his punishment.

If it was the World Cup final and i was a defender with a striker running through on goal in the last minute, I'd rugby tackle him and get sent off for the team. When you dive you know the risk of getting booked. Suarez knew what he was doing when he handballed on the line against Ghana- but his team won and he got punished.

It's come to a point in football where you have to be clever and take calculated risks. I don't agree with diving, but it is no different to the hundreds of decisions when somebody 'takes one for the team' and gets booked when the other team is on the break IMO

It is different, fouling people is just something that happens, it's not dishonest and deceitful. Trying to con the ref and fake something is much worse IMO.

I was thinking the same thing to be fair.

I don't think you realise how lucky we are to have Stringer and Young as a commentary team.

Radio Leicester coverage is phenomenal in my opinion.

only problem is that pearson won't talk to stringer, which doesn't exactly help us as leicester fans. So if pearson's not getting the boot......

It is different, fouling people is just something that happens, it's not dishonest and deceitful. Trying to con the ref and fake something is much worse IMO.

Of course it's dishonest, you are doing the foul on purpose, it's not mistimed- you're doing it to stop the break. See it every week and nobody bats an eye lid.

Did Young or anyone else think at the time, 'FOUL HIM KINGY!!'

I didnt. When I watched it back I did but by then it was too late. If King knew that the cross would come in, be knocked down perfectly and played into Deeney's path to smash home into an open goal, maybe he would have fouled him.

Maybe if De Laet and Keane didnt stand right next to each other on the line, one of them would have cleared it. Maybe if Kasper stayed on his line instead of doing a star jump towards Hogg, he'd have saved the shot etc etc etc.

Basically the second Almunia saved the follow up, every single player on the pitch could have done more but they didnt.

Its possibly the most painful defeat any of us will experience. Scapegoating is a waste of time. We were close to the line and we fell short. It'll benefit the young players and build their character so it wont happen again. Young should realise that and think about what he's saying.

Of course it's dishonest, you are doing the foul on purpose, it's not mistimed- you're doing it to stop the break. See it every week and nobody bats an eye lid.

But you know you will be punished for it, you aren't trying to fool anyone.

It's not very sporting perhaps but it's not as bad as cheating.

Archived