Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goddard

Do you know your neighbours?

There's two blokes in SK4, they remind me of Statler and Waldorf from the muppets.

They moan about the stupidest things like the colour of substitute bibs who are warming up etc but their favourite one is when the opposition take a corner the almost always stand up screaming "IN THE 'D'!, GET IT IN THE 'D'!"

Most of the time, part of the ball actually is in the D, as if it makes any difference ffs!!!!

Can't wait to move away from these jokers

Some girl somewhere near us is fvckin annoying.

Constantly shouting 'COMEE ONN LEEIICCCESTTERR' When we're losing in the most 'squeaky' voice Ive ever heard. :mellow:

Does she sit with a man in hi-vis?

Mostly decent folks round us for the last year or two. Exceptions being the bloke who arrives late and leaves early for every, and I do mean every, half. Not sure he's ever sat through 45 minutes of football to be honest. Couple of lads behind me who seem to be on a constant critique loop but I've learnt to tune them out now so it's fine.

We sit near a 12 year old who is a dab hand at repeating the Radio commentary he listens to as if they are his own observations and also enjoys swearing at his dad occasionally.

The joys of the West Stand!

Yeh know a few who stand behind us by name. I know a few others around us outside of having a STs there. I know the lad in front of me by face and enough to nod to and that's about it.

Like me you mean?! lol.

Sit/stand with Leicester Lass and Maybes, Wilkesy, Muz who doesn't come on here anymore. Know most people around us. Great people to go games with.

There's two blokes in SK4, they remind me of Statler and Waldorf from the muppets.

They moan about the stupidest things like the colour of substitute bibs who are warming up etc but their favourite one is when the opposition take a corner the almost always stand up screaming "IN THE 'D'!, GET IT IN THE 'D'!"

Most of the time, part of the ball actually is in the D, as if it makes any difference ffs!!!!

You want to stand up and shout to them that it isn't a D it's a quadrant.

Talk to most fans around me above and below. Nearly all season ticket holders so same faces year in year out.

See the odd one in town every now and then and always speak if I do.

Like me you mean?! lol.

Sit/stand with Leicester Lass and Maybes, Wilkesy, Muz who doesn't come on here anymore. Know most people around us. Great people to go games with.

Yes like you! Obviously I know Leicester Lass and Maybes too. I know Poakey who used to be slightly behind you. I'm not sure who Simmo86 is though.

what a mob of sad b*****ds you lot are. All you need to do is hold out your hand to shake and say "Hi my name is (insert your christian name or nickname) what is yours?" it works wonders. Thank god I live in the land of freindliness amongst happy smiling people, come over and try it ..will be good to have more City fans here, they are very rare in my area, but you must bring a smile!

Lets make season 2013/14 the season of promotion and talk to your neighbours.

now for the backlash!!!

what a mob of sad b*****ds you lot are. All you need to do is hold out your hand to shake and say "Hi my name is (insert your christian name or nickname) what is yours?" it works wonders. Thank god I live in the land of freindliness amongst happy smiling people, come over and try it ..will be good to have more City fans here, they are very rare in my area, but you must bring a smile!

Lets make season 2013/14 the season of promotion and talk to your neighbours.

now for the backlash!!!

Maybe don't get a season ticket in the away end then...? ;)

Don't know if it could be the same blokes but at Filbert Street in the main stand for years there were a pair of guys a few rows behind us we named Statler and Waldorf as they were really over critical but in an interacting dual assault way and the spitting image of them too.

We told the guy next to us one week, he told someone else etc and by the end of the season the whole block were waiting for the "entertainment" to start. Unfortunately their approach was tinged with racism in that Sealy and Bright would get the most unreasonable criticism for things out of their control (an overhit Osman through ball would land 2 yards from a defender and 25 yards from Bright - "That's your ball Bright run man ! Lazy, useless, clueless, run man run". Generally though it was tame double liners, "Run Sealy" / "He Couldn't run a bath"  "Get Stuck In" / "He Couldn't get stuck in a lift", "That's not a foul"/ "Book the groundsman as it was the grass he tripped over", "You need glasses Moran" / "Looks like he's had plenty already" - I know not exactly Two Ronnies standard but somehow memorable.

Years later their influence surfaced when I made my own contribution to finish someones sentence, when Graham Fenton was flagged offside, someone shouted "But ref  he wasn't interfering with play" to which I added "...He never is". I know, what a muppet!

I sit in P1 and generally all is good. Little cluster of us together and then some randoms that we all chat to from time to time. Only annoying thing is a young las about 10 seats away that is up and down like a whore's knickers - going to teh toilet and for food.

Archived