Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goddard

Do you know your neighbours?

So, me and two mates have had season tickets in the same seats for the last three years and for this time we have sat next to the same people with very little change in faces. Funny thing is, we don't know one persons name around us. Which leads me to the question, do you actually know the names of the people who sit near you?

Funnily enough we do have nicknames which generally are of people they all look like, there's a Steve Walsh, Gary Mcallister and a big Nige, to name but a few.

We've got sky sports sitting behind us, literally give updates on all the games from around the country at the time including score updates, goal scores etc. surprised they actually watch the game.

One of them even logs onto his fantasy football app during the game to check his game week points!

Moving seats again next season, so won't know anyone, not that we did this time having moved again this season.  We're like gypsies or something.

Mind you, I'll be glad to get away from the sour faced woman who sits a few seats from us who theatrically rolls her eyes and mutters everytime she has to stand up to let us through.  She doesn't bother me unduly - she's just a miserable old bastard as far as I'm concerned, but I have worried in the past that sooner or later someone is going to punch her in the face, leading to a right old fuss.

Anything for a quiet life

This place makes you laugh though to some extent. So many people are very suspicious/reluctant to post their seat location or even what block they're in on here for some reason. The chances are everyone posting on this thread will be sat close to someone else on here.

So if you're near Seat 306 Row MM in L block- come say hi (or lynch me as some would prefer!)

Stood at the back of sk1 since day 1 at the walkers and the guys in front have been the same since about 8 years ago. Not a clue on any of them. Sad really.

Only guy who talks to us comes down on his own from chester every week. Fair play seems a top bloke as well. But still have no clue what his name is.

Moving seats again next season, so won't know anyone, not that we did this time having moved again this season.  We're like gypsies or something.

Mind you, I'll be glad to get away from the sour faced woman who sits a few seats from us who theatrically rolls her eyes and mutters everytime she has to stand up to let us through.  She doesn't bother me unduly - she's just a miserable old bastard as far as I'm concerned, but I have worried in the past that sooner or later someone is going to punch her in the face, leading to a right old fuss.

Anything for a quiet life

This sounds like my mum.

Archived