Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is the City of Leicester a dump?

Leicester is spoilt by people having sex in arcades !!i

It's been going on for nearly 50 years now though , I dread to think how the kids of these sordid liaisons  will grow up 

Stop it Zingules, your kids are lovely.

Had to go town today and looking at some people made me feel sick, I saw this lad's mum who I used to go School with in high heel boots, and stockings looking like a hooker, when I was at School she used to have a kid a year. When I look at those types of people, I think these people represent our city.

Also as someone mentioned Sheffield, I have been to the World Snooker Championships 4 times, and it's like a 10 minute walk from the train station, and just for that walking distance I can say that bit alone is far better than any places I've been in Leicester, yes we have done our train station up, but there's pisses over ours.

People blame immigrants for much of what is bad in Leicester, but you read that sentence and immediately you know that Kingfox is refering to an English person.

I don't think Leicester is that bad actually, lots of empty shops but city centres have these days. I had the pleasure of visiting Croydon town centre last week, now that's bad, chav central.

Even places like Oxford Street in London have gone down the pan. Still busy but less so since the huge Westfield Shopping Centres opened in Stratford and Shepherds Bush. Loads of building sites along the street thanks to Crossrail and makeshift Romanian campsite around Marble Arch. I'm sure the hotels on Park Lane appreciate them shitting in the gutter outside.

Can't say I've ever been! Probably like most cities though will have areas that aren't looked after on the outskirts and really nice parts in the middle but just be branded a 'dump' by anyone who hasn't been anywhere near the city for years but lives off the stereotypes like Liverpool..

Massive problem in London already with them. Wait until they are legally able to come here.

I`m sure they will be a cracking addition to the lovely fluffy multicultural melting pot that is Britain today  :)

2.5 (nearer 3) million unemployed, massive service cuts, NHS on its knees, etc, etc.... but never mind that, these people have a right to come here so I think we should welcome them with open arms  :)

I`m sure they will be a cracking addition to the lovely fluffy multicultural melting pot that is Britain today  :)

2.5 (nearer 3) million unemployed, massive service cuts, NHS on its knees, etc, etc.... but never mind that, these people have a right to come here so I think we should welcome them with open arms  :)

Future looks bright doesn't it lol

• 6 months later...

I was born in Leicester and haven't been for years. I'm coming down with some mates to watch some football. If its such a dump as you say it is, where would anyone suggest we went so they don't think I'm from a shithole?

London or Manchester

Edit: Seriously though, the Highcross has killed off the city centre - so that's the "best" part of town but it's all chain restaurants (Zizzi's, Frankie and Bennies, Nandos etc)

Coming from Edinburgh, your going to be hard pressed not to think Leicester is a dump. If your coming by train, closing your eyes for the last 5 minutes of the journey into the station might help a bit.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue
  • Like 1

I was born in Leicester and haven't been for years. I'm coming down with some mates to watch some football. If its such a dump as you say it is, where would anyone suggest we went so they don't think I'm from a shithole?

If you're coming by car enter through Leicester West (normal route anyway I guess from M1) and stay in city centre

Edited by eastfox

Nothing like a bit of pride for you town is there! What a poor thread.

I've had an extensive spell in Sheffield and currently work in Derby, with zero love for either. Leicester is still the only place outside London I'd want to live in. Some great places to go once people broaden their horizons.