Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Nigel, Sir Alex, Wigan, our owners and the Matrix

It's so obvious - read on.

**Headline ** I think that Sir Alex's departure from the game and Wigan's success has opened many people's eyes.

I admit to supporting about 5467 of the 5469 managerial changes that Leicester have made in my lifetime. It's like "well Fergie and other good manager are out there, just keep changing until we hit one and they will bring instant success!"

our current owners.... They seem committed to the club, they seem to care by investing in TVs, the pitch and players. But they sacked SVEN!!!! That looking back now was pure panic!

Well it's Leicester isn't it? It's like when they talk about Armageddon - it's not if but when... The guy on discovery says "it could happen in a million years or tomorrow"

It will happen some time.

Some one will take over Nige at some point in the future like the sun comes up in the morning.

like our own little story about MON nearly getting sacked before he took us through the light barrier Sir Alex was under a lot of pressure early on. Look at Moyes, he's had his moments too. It's like anything in in life - you need time and support to be successful.

The bottom line is "Sir Alex secret is out- Nigel, you've bought yourself another year"

We've made some shocking managerial decisions in recent years haven't we?

To be honest at the time I bought the hype but I was 17 years old and far more naive, it's definitely taught me a few footballing lessons that's for sure.

It's so obvious - read on.

**Headline ** I think that Sir Alex's departure from the game and Wigan's success has opened many people's eyes.

I admit to supporting about 5467 of the 5469 managerial changes that Leicester have made in my lifetime. It's like "well Fergie and other good manager are out there, just keep changing until we hit one and they will bring instant success!"

our current owners.... They seem committed to the club, they seem to care by investing in TVs, the pitch and players. But they sacked SVEN!!!! That looking back now was pure panic!

Well it's Leicester isn't it? It's like when they talk about Armageddon - it's not if but when... The guy on discovery says "it could happen in a million years or tomorrow"

It will happen some time.

Some one will take over Nige at some point in the future like the sun comes up in the morning.

like our own little story about MON nearly getting sacked before he took us through the light barrier Sir Alex was under a lot of pressure early on. Look at Moyes, he's had his moments too. It's like anything in in life - you need time and support to be successful.

The bottom line is "Sir Alex secret is out- Nigel, you've bought yourself another year"

Nigel could be a new MON.

To be honest at the time I bought the hype but I was 17 years old and far more naive, it's definitely taught me a few footballing lessons that's for sure.

:thumbup:

Massive, massive mistake to hire the charlatan as the manager. With the money available and the hype around the club at the time we could have gone places. Of that I have no doubt.

15 million pounds spent on transfer fees to assemble the uncoordinated dross Sven did was unforgivable. I believe it will go down as one of the biggest errors the club has ever made.

:thumbup:

Massive, massive mistake to hire the charlatan as the manager. With the money available and the hype around the club at the time we could have gone places. Of that I have no doubt.

15 million pounds spent on transfer fees to assemble the uncoordinated dross Sven did was unforgivable. I believe it will go down as one of the biggest errors the club has ever made.

Jeebus fooking wept, how many times....SVEN DIDN'T WRITE THE CONTRACTS OR SPEND THE FOOKING MONEY!!!!! Blame our owners and Neville.

Criticise the errors in tactical judgement or some of the team choices, but stop banging the 'Sven spent all our money' bollox!  :rolleyes:

Jeebus fooking wept, how many times....SVEN DIDN'T WRITE THE CONTRACTS OR SPEND THE FOOKING MONEY!!!!! Blame our owners and Neville.

Criticise the errors in tactical judgement or some of the team choices, but stop banging the 'Sven spent all our money' bollox!  :rolleyes:

If that is indeed true, then he should have blown the money on some half decent players. 

If that is indeed true, then he should have blown the money on some half decent players. 

Overinflation, when the owners tell the world we have big warchest, and we intend on spending it and more if necessary. Every mug and agent's mug decided to up their prices. I very much doubt we could afford above mediocrity after that. 

Overinflation, when the owners tell the world we have big warchest, and we intend on spending it and more if necessary. Every mug and agent's mug decided to up their prices. I very much doubt we could afford above mediocrity after that. 

Simples. Don't sign mediocrity for the sake of it  :dunno:

I like Sven as an international manager but he's not a club manager

Biggest mistakes the club has made IMO

A Tale of two Peters

Selling Gordon Banks and keeping Peter Shilton

Selling Emile Heskey and giving the money to Peter Taylor 

Simples. Don't sign mediocrity for the sake of it  :dunno:

Yeah like we had a choice. The slathering public were jizzing over every linked player, we needed a team and time was against us. Some the players we did bring in were very good individually  however the team as a whole didn't work, and certainly we were missing width. Idiots blamed Sven for not recognising this. Yet even now finding a winger is near impossible, and they go for a serious premium price. We simply couldn't afford what teams were demanding, even if they considered selling prize assets.

Archived