Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Michael Thwaite

A half eaten Mars Bar and a can of coke?

Look he is a good defender reads the game well, but could be a big step up for him especially as he never seemed to make it in Norway, Romania or Poland. Would probably only want him as a back up to the first team.  

That statement about him not making it in Norway and Romania is not right.  He was a constant in the starting lineups in both leagues.  He wanted to come home as he didn't get the opportunity in the UK that he was looking for.  We could do worse.  I doubt though that LCFC are really interested in him.

Trust Pearson's judgement on defenders but this guy sounds like an absolute no-mark. At 30 years old unless he's paying us this would hardly seem very FFP.

signing someone for very little and paying them probably significantly less than say St Ledger - surely that helps with FFP?

He's got a good attitude, fairly likeable, thinking about this more I'm not sure how he'll go in this level.

I always compare the A-League to League 1 standard, and he is one of the better players in the league.

If he does come, he may struggle to get used to English football.

Would support him 100% if he comes though.

He's got a good attitude, fairly likeable, thinking about this more I'm not sure how he'll go in this level.

I always compare the A-League to League 1 standard, and he is one of the better players in the league.

If he does come, he may struggle to get used to English football.

Would support him 100% if he comes though.

I think you are being very generous to the A League there, I couldn't see an A League teams competing towards the top end of League one. Each team has 3/4 players of quality that could compete at that level but also have 7/8 players that would struggle in the conference.

The A league is improving but when the leagues top scorer is Daniel Mcbreen who's last stint in english football was 5 goals in 38 games for York City in the conference there is real problems.

Other top strikers Shane Smeltz 2 goals in 31 for Halifax Town

and 30+ year old strikers who have come out instead of retiring such as Heskey, Del Peireo and Bridges, you see the quality Thwaite has been coming up against. 

There are some good young players, but at 30 Thwaite is not the sort of payer we should be taking risks on.

That statement about him not making it in Norway and Romania is not right.  He was a constant in the starting lineups in both leagues.  He wanted to come home as he didn't get the opportunity in the UK that he was looking for.  We could do worse.  I doubt though that LCFC are really interested in him.

11 times in 2 seasons in Poland, 34 in 2 seasons in Romania and 1 game in Norway would hardly be considered a constant in the starting line up.

Archived