Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Michael Thwaite

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/8743318/

Sky Sports understands a number of English clubs are eyeing Australia defnder Michael Thwaite.

Perth Glory ace Thwaite has caught the eye for club and country over the last couple of years and his performances have alerted several sides in England.

The likes of Middlesbrough, Leicester, Blackpool and Premier League new boys Crystal Palace are all thought to be keeping tabs on Thwaite.

The 6ft 3in centre-back has been included in the A-League All Stars team to face Manchester United in July and his suitors are expected to watch him in action in Australia's upcoming games against Japan, Jordan and Iraq next month.

Thwaite has experience of playing in Europe after spells with Wisla Krakow and SK Brann and he is thought to be keen on a switch to England.

The player's agent, Jamie Holsgrove, confirmed a number of clubs in England have expressed an interest in Thwaite, but that the defender was focusing on the upcoming games for Australia.

"Michael produced one of his best seasons for club and country and he now has three crucial games ahead for the Socceroos," Holsgrove told Sky Sports.

"There is firm interest in England but his focus now must be with the national team."

I have heard of this guy, as he has international caps to his name.

He is a good defender in the A League and very tall, but apart from that I don't have a clue.

30 years of age as well  :/

Average at best, hopefully no truth in this story. Not a bad A League defender but certainly not the best. I couldn't see him cutting it in the championship.

If he was 21 he would have been worth a punt, but at his age he will struggle to improve.

I hope some of our Aussie fellas can shed some light on this guy.

Being an Aussie and Sydney FC fan, I can tell you Thwaite would not be out of place in the Championship.  He is a good consistent defender and even knows where the net is from set pieces at the other end.  He is at least as good as Jack Hobbs for those looking for some type of comparision.

Yeah he's not bad actually, would be in the top few defenders in the league, and as said above, he's fairly consistent. Never really seen him have a bad game, and I do watch a LOT of A-League. He wouldn't command huge wages, but he would be back-up at best I think.

Hmm, 30 years old. Depends on the fee I suppose.

A half eaten Mars Bar and a can of coke?

Look he is a good defender reads the game well, but could be a big step up for him especially as he never seemed to make it in Norway, Romania or Poland. Would probably only want him as a back up to the first team.  

Archived