Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

If we lose Kasper! Thoughts on Shay Given...

Stoke's chairman has being saying today that Jack Butland will be loaned out if Begovic stays there - would be great to have someone of Butland's quality at the KP.

Surely it'd make a billion times more sense for everyone if he just stayed on loan at Brum for another season. 

Surely it'd make a billion times more sense for everyone if he just stayed on loan at Brum for another season.

Probably, although they might want to see how he fares with a top-end Championship side.

Apparently, Wigan have approached Steve Bruce to return to Wigan as new manager. Will this put a stop to Hull's attempts to sign Kasper? IF Bruce goes there and IF Wigan can keep hold of Al-Habsi, I doubt they'd be in the market for a new keeper.

overrated

This although I think we could do worse.

Apparently, Wigan have approached Steve Bruce to return to Wigan as new manager. Will this put a stop to Hull's attempts to sign Kasper? IF Bruce goes there and IF Wigan can keep hold of Al-Habsi, I doubt they'd be in the market for a new keeper.

He won't go back there, surely? That'd be a stupid move.

His dad starting to get on my nerves keeps talking about the speculation. Seems he trying to make up Kaspers mind for him. He should butt out I know it's his son but its Kaspers decision, and I know Hull in prem next season, but lets be honest probably for one year getting their arses wooded most weeks. So he won't probably be any better off In a years time anyway. It's only because Peter is mates with Bruce they want a little love in. Piss off Peter!

FFP will impact on all Championship teams so we can't predict who will be available and whether they can afford transfer fees and wages. Like other established older players, Given may have to take a substantial cut in wages when/if he moves. I think I would prefer a younger keeper if Kasper goes but I've no idea who.

Love how everyone knows that Given would want big wages. Its total speculation. He might just fancy a gig for a year or two, probably not. But you can't simply say he will want this and that when you have zero idea what he is after...

Sir David of Beckham did it all for charity (Smashie and Nicey style)

That said I don't think he will be here. And Foderingham is gash, thank you!

My mate is a season ticket holder at Villa and he says he's gone downhill rapidly.

Says when they signed him he was awesome and couldnt believe they'd got him but not been the same player since last years Euro's.

We should look elsewhere if Kasper goes, plenty of options out there but none better than Kasper for a reasonable fee

Wouldn't want him if he was playing for free, he's dropped like a stone. Past it now I'm afraid, I'm sure he'll find a lucrative offer playing in the MLS or something anyway.

Remember when David James was on the decline and he went and signed for Bristol City? He was absolutely useless.

Archived