Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

On 3 September 2016 at 08:25, sk3since03 said:

The taken king ruined it for me making most of the year one/base game obselete! Do miss playing Destiny but i cant go back now 

Taken King was great, but yes it did render everything about year 1 pointless, and left you with no reason to run to of the raids at all.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nope. Have remained strong in the face of Destiny.

Is sound like it's no TTK but the new raid sounds alright.

No it doesnt quite have the content that TTK had bit its not too bad, enjoying it at the min! 

If you find yourself back on DM me and i'll add 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm going to start Destiny at some point this week since I now own a PS4. 

Is anyone else just starting out? 

Any advice?

You need a party/co-op for some of it, right? Hope the servers aren't all dead.

Maidstone_Fox for anyone interested ?

Have you just got Destiny Woolers, The Taken King expansion, or the one with Taken King and rise of iron. 

23 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm going to start Destiny at some point this week since I now own a PS4. 

Is anyone else just starting out? 

Any advice?

You need a party/co-op for some of it, right? Hope the servers aren't all dead.

Maidstone_Fox for anyone interested ?

All ive played for the last week! 

Play through the story get levelled up to 40

After that its light level that you want to be working to increase

You can play solo but there are recruitment forums about if you wish to join in anything that requires a few players , raids etc! Its mostly matchmaking

welcome to the grind 

Just now, sk3since03 said:

All ive played for the last week! 

Play through the story get levelled up to 40

After that its light level that you want to be working to increase

You can play solo but there are recruitment forums about if you wish to join in anything that requires a few players , raids etc! Its mostly matchmaking

welcome to the grind 

It depends what version he's got doesn't it.

If he's on vanilla first edition Destiny he hasn't even got to worry about light level. 

18 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Alright lads.

I've got the basic one at the moment, but I enjoy it, I'm not opposed to the idea of buying some DLC.

Presumably the advice is just level to 40, as mentioned above and if I'm enjoying it, grab the DLC? No point buying it all now, right?

I'd say so. But I don't think there will even be enough content to get you to 40 as the original level cap was 20. I'd play through the orginal missions and the strikes see how you feel.

If you're going to buy more I would suggest you look at your options very carefully. If you buy each DLC individually they could could have you for about £100. I'd look at buying the game again with DLC included.

Playing this a lot, been on and off for a long time but I'm really enjoying the expansion. Strike is very good but I'm just a little too low a light level to go on the raid.

Hero - I'll add you tonight and be able to give you a hand on some missions and drag you through to get your levels/light levels up. Recommend to play first and if you enjoy it than get all the expansions, Rise of Iron you are guaranteed the Gjallahorn which is a beast of a weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a question for you guys.

Am I best off playing through and levelling up on standard Destiny (which I am enjoying)

Or....

Get the Taken King etc, which seems to give a +25 level boost.

Am I 'cheating' and denying myself the chance to have some fun and get some gear by using that boost?

Should I get as far as I can on 'vanilla' Destiny, and then get the expansions?

Whats the best thing to do?

56 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Am I best off playing through and levelling up on standard Destiny (which I am enjoying)

Or....

Am I 'cheating' and denying myself the chance to have some fun and get some gear by using that boost?

Ultimately you will probably have to play through the missions anyway, that will get you over level 25. If you take the level 25 increase you'll just make the main game easier.....if you're going to get the Taken king regardless guess in wouldn't hurt I guess....I probably would look into your options in terms of what to buy, as there is another expansion out now. If you do get TKK make sure you pick up the legendary edition second hand off Amazon you'll get The Dark Below and The House of Wolves in with it as well.....Not that they are particularly great but you may as well pick them up to open the game up. 

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Or....

You can buy Destiny Complete Collection from Tesco Direct for £28. This includes all DLC up to Rise of Iron and a boost for 1 character to level 40. 

As much as the story is deep, I found myself losing track of it eventually, and found the team play involved in game types like Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris more rewarding, although a good fireteam is essential for those. 

Personally, it won't really matter if you 'boost' your way to level 40. My advice though, would be to find similar people to run the Raids with. There's nothing worse than running a raid with 5 people that have ran it so many times, they have it down to a mechanical tee, all the fun is in figuring them out.

May RNGesus be with you! 

Archived