Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Which position is it essential to strengthen?

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which position is it vital that we strengthen?

• Goalkeeper
    • Full Back (left or right)
    • Centre Back
    • Winger (left or right)
    • Central Midfield
    • Striker

My other thread got me thinking - we're obviously going to have to cut our cloth this season, so with that in mind, if you could only strengthen one position, which would it be?

I'd like it if we could bring in a quality CB to play alongside Wes Morgan, as well as a ball-winning, more physical midfielder. We could probably do with replacing Paul Konchesky at LB and I've heard plenty of other people suggesting positions or players that need strengthening or replacing, but if you could only pick one, which one would it be?

For me, it has to be CB. That is the one position where it is absolutely vital we pick up a quality player. Konchesky's getting on a bit, but I think I can live with him and Schlupp covering LB for another season, and - on their day - all three of our CM's are more than good enough, but I think without a quality CB we can kiss goodbye to promotion as I just don't think Sean St Ledger and Zak Whitbread are good enough or fit enough.

Feel free to give your opinions on what position you think we need to strengthen and why, and who you think we should be signing for that role.

God, two polls in a week. I must be getting bored.

I think the results will show a fairly even spread, and that is reflective of the situation. We need to strengthen the spine of our side, and not with dirty kickers like Henry.

Guest MattP

Centre back and a winger.

Morgan and Knocky are class, a duplicate next and opposite them would be perfect.

Personally, I'd like someone like Jack Hobbs at the back with Wes Morgan, but if we didn't sign him, I'd say Liam Moore is just about ready; as several people have said, I think we need to replace Paul Konchesky, with someone like Aaron Cresswell, and I think we need another quality striker and a few names I would like are; Lee Tomlin, Charlie Austin, Conor Wickham, Jay Rodriguez

Centre half is absolute priority. Happy with our wingers, think this season Ben Marshall will be a good player for us. A central midfielder who can rough people up and keep the ball would be good too.

Centre back first for me, but god knows who we should go for, someone young like Michael Keane, or a good £1 million bid for someone experienced. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone like Zakuani or Nyatanga are our first signing.

Then I would concentrate on getting a new left back, an upgrade on Konchesky, then the midfield.

A good team can carry a LB & Konch does need carrying, but you can't be a good team without a quality CB pairing.

I've not seen signs that Whitbread can be anything more than cover... and SSL isn't happy being cover as he cries when a bad game sees him dropped like his unprofessional shambles at Pride Park, he's also presumably on a fair whack so will no doubt be leaving meaning we need to get a CB in, or get Moore in there, downside of that is both him & Wes are stronger as RCB so it's not a great mix that compliment each other

We don't need to beat ourselves up, we're strong all over the park, the important thing is we just need performance levels to be high & maintain the form that comes with that, but for my money a strong CB is essential

At this point I think we need a long term partner for Wes before anything else

Priority one..

:thumbup:

Couldn't decide between full back or wingers. Creativity is certainly a problem down the right hand side but we also desperately need a quality left back

Good post

I agree

Centre back firstly, left back and right winger also

Archived