Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
potnoodle

tonights phone in

No different to last season, he was one of the favourites then, as we were for promotion... which we are again this year. Both come with having owners that have spent money and sacked managers.

Did we not come closer to promotion with that method than the splash shit loads of cash on average player tactic? Not sure why that's seen as a step down from where we were.

The bookies see it as such.. Having our manager as the favourite for the sack implies a lack of confidence (driven by the bookmakers but also by the market) in him and our squad. Deny it if you like but it is apparent.

I'm really struck by two things.

Firstly, the increased call for Danns to play a part in the season to come.

Secondly, the low levels of expectation for the forthcoming season. The bookies have Pearson as favourite to win 'the sack race' at 2/1.

This implies the bookies feel we will start poorly and that Pearson will lose his job as a result.

Compare this to two seasons back where the summer was filled with hope and expectation, reflected in the bookies having us as joint faves for the league with West Ham.

Either Pearson is playing this absolutely right, with his tried and trusted young squad or its a sad indictment on how very average we've become (or predicted we have become) vis a vis the chances we've blown of promotion.

Interesting stuff indeed. The bookies rarely get stuff wrong, although they did, of course, with Sven and his ridiculous reign.

So you've just said the bookies rarely get stuff wrong, despite making us favourites for the last two seasons where promotion wasn't achieved? You're often decent Col but I struggle to make sense of your logic at times.

Don't understand why people take so much offence for others wanting Danns to play. It's getting very tedious. For the record it's James and King for me, but some people's attitudes to others opinions is disgusting.

Don't understand why people take so much offence for others wanting Danns to play. It's getting very tedious. For the record it's James and King for me, but some people's attitudes to others opinions is disgusting.

This.

People tend to forget that in the latter half of 2011/12 season, he was our stand-out player. Personally, I'd prefer King & James to start, but he's certainly got something to offer.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan SSL

Marshall  James King Schlupp

Knockaert

Wood Nugent

To me that screams balance, pace and width.

Just strength, bite & (the long missing) ability to dominate / bully teams in midfield to find as usual then. 

Still at least they're working hard in training  :pearson:

Bookies have got it right at 2/1 favourite. No question. 

Some of you lot need to take off your rose tinted spectacles, we have gone backwards, can see why some love NP so much?

I'll stick with the Blue ones fella! :P Have you not considered the financial plight that Svend left us with? The job being addressed for FFP is not to be underestimated and essential for our clubs future security.

So you've just said the bookies rarely get stuff wrong, despite making us favourites for the last two seasons where promotion wasn't achieved? You're often decent Col but I struggle to make sense of your logic at times.

I'm talking generally mate.

The bookies usually get things right don't they, that's why they continue to make billions.

Regarding Sven and promotion.. With what we spent its hardly surprising they had us as joint faves is it? They hadn't banked on Sven having no clue on how to manage in the Championship.

There's no smoke without fire Dan. If the bookies have Nige as fave for the chop, it's for a reason.

How are so many people so negative about this season when we haven't even played a game yet?

1. People saying it's imperative that we sign a new centre back - How do people know that St Ledger, Whitbread or Moore will not be good enough to partner Morgan? We kept faith in a 19 year old last season who was good on his day, but definitely had a number of bad games. How are people so quick to assume that Whitbread hasn't reached full fitness yet? 

2. People saying we need a new midfielder - what's to say Danns hasn't changed his game a bit more to suit the way we play? How are people assuming that James and King won't have gelled over pre season to create a more effective system in the middle?

A bit more positivity from fans would be fantastic for our football club. 

It's just the classic anti-Pearson argument though isn't it? 'Pearson's a moron because he let Danns go on loan....Danns is the answer to our problems....if only Pearson didn't fall out with everyone i.e Danns...etc'. THAT is tedious. People are fed up of hearing about Neil Bleeding Danns. I was more bothered when Franck Bloody Moussa left.

Personally he's the sort of player who just pisses me off. His dreadlocks, his boring personality, his shite taste in music, that Jimmy Bullard thing of trying to be popular for reasons other than football, his lack of pace, his crap huff-and-puff with no end product approach, his general averageness, being paid a load of cash and being loved by a section of fans for seemingly no reason.

He's probably a nice guy but from a footballing point of view I just wish he'd fvck off. I'd actually pay never to hear about him again.

Some of you lot need to take off your rose tinted spectacles, we have gone backwards, can see why some love NP so much?

We moved up from 9th last season to 6th.

Hardly backwards.

How are so many people so negative about this season when we haven't even played a game yet?

Because we didn't do well enough to go up last season and we haven't bought any players, nor do we look like doing so.

1. People saying it's imperative that we sign a new centre back - How do people know that St Ledger, Whitbread or Moore will not be good enough to partner Morgan? We kept faith in a 19 year old last season who was good on his day, but definitely had a number of bad games. How are people so quick to assume that Whitbread hasn't reached full fitness yet? 

Because we've seen those players and they've never looked good enough. St Ledger has always been average at this level, Moore's looked shit at centre back, Whitbread has looked slow and a bit crap as well. Whitbread may be better than we saw last season but I'm not holding my breath.

2. People saying we need a new midfielder - what's to say Danns hasn't changed his game a bit more to suit the way we play? How are people assuming that James and King won't have gelled over pre season to create a more effective system in the middle?

Danns has never had a game (no I don't mean it like that). He just runs around like a headless chicken. How is he going to change? He's not going to miraculously develop a passing ability. He's not going to learn how to tackle if he's not done at his age.

James and King look promising but neither are tough guys if we need to play that way. We do get bullied in certain matches and we need to address that.

A bit more positivity from fans would be fantastic for our football club. 

I agree, but it's all about timing. The time for positivity is when the season actually starts and then again when we're shown something encouraging. And at the matches especially if you're in the crowd.

Sometimes over-positivity does my head in as well though. There's nothing wrong with being objective about things instead of just saying things are going to be fine. I'm sure deep down everyone is concerned about our situation and how it is going to affect our ability to move forward on the pitch.

It's just the classic anti-Pearson argument though isn't it? 'Pearson's a moron because he let Danns go on loan....Danns is the answer to our problems....if only Pearson didn't fall out with everyone i.e Danns...etc'. THAT is tedious. People are fed up of hearing about Neil Bleeding Danns. I was more bothered when Franck Bloody Moussa left.

Personally he's the sort of player who just pisses me off. His dreadlocks, his boring personality, his shite taste in music, that Jimmy Bullard thing of trying to be popular for reasons other than football, his lack of pace, his crap huff-and-puff with no end product approach, his general averageness, being paid a load of cash and being loved by a section of fans for seemingly no reason.

He's probably a nice guy but from a footballing point of view I just wish he'd fvck off. I'd actually pay never to hear about him again.

All of which have absolutely no bearing on his footballing ability.

I understand he's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, there's no problem with that. Everyone has likes and dislikes. I just don't like people's attitudes towards others who want certain players to play.

Whoever is in the starting 11, us as fans need to get behind each and every one of them.

All of which have absolutely no bearing on his footballing ability.

I understand he's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, there's no problem with that. Everyone has likes and dislikes. I just don't like people's attitudes towards others who want certain players to play.

Whoever is in the starting 11, us as fans need to get behind each and every one of them.

Of course they don't have bearing on his football ability, I'm explaining reasons why he pisses me off. I've no idea what people see in him tbh.

I don't like people's attitudes towards people who don't want Pearson sacked on here sometimes, it's all swings and roundabouts. Like I said, there's a stigma around Danns I'm afraid, he's the anti-Pearson weapon and people have grown tired of it.

Danns won't be in the starting 11 so that's ok :thumbup:

Of course they don't have bearing on his football ability, I'm explaining reasons why he pisses me off. I've no idea what people see in him tbh.

I don't like people's attitudes towards people who don't want Pearson sacked on here sometimes, it's all swings and roundabouts. Like I said, there's a stigma around Danns I'm afraid, he's the anti-Pearson weapon and people have grown tired of it.

Danns won't be in the starting 11 so that's ok :thumbup:

Well he's certainly a better footballer than Franck Moussa :thumbup:

3-5-2.

Interesting.

Like the sound of that. Would require a large amount of positional training for the system to work as I would imagine that 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 are really the only formations that players really know what their job is.

Only other issue for me is our lack of quality in depth.

If Danns had any ability, eye catching enough for Pearson to say "Yep he is good enough", then he would be in the first team, and would of never of been shipped out on loan.

Players go backwards, and they struggle to re discover their form. We have seen it in the past with Wellens, one season he was brilliant, next he went shit, same with Konchesky last season, definitely not as bad, but he was a clear shadow of the consistent player we saw in the 11/12 season. 

What makes people think Danns is the answer, people have banged on about this mostly the youths on twitter, for too long. He is 30 years of age now, it's doubtful that he will improve at that age, he is no Paul Scholes, Frank Lampard. He is Neil Danns, a player who honestly was a decent Championship player in his prime, I liked him at Palace, and he started well here, but now he doesn't cut the mustard, like many other players, Wellens & Gallagher especially, they don't bring anything to our side, and I bet a lot of fans wouldn't care if they moved on, I for one certainly wouldn't be bothered, because in my eyes they aren't good enough anymore.

There comes a time, when you have to say, this player is on the downward spiral, and it's doubtful he can bring something to our side, I feel this with Danns. I and others should be more than happy with Matty James, Andy King & Danny Drinkwater as options. Matty James if he continues to show his class, he will become one of the best midfielders in the Championship, King is a good servant to the club, and a player we can always rely on, he has worked really hard on his defensive work, and in an attacking sense he is just as good, as he can pop up with crucial goals, not Drinkwater's biggest fan, but for back up he would be ok. 

Danns is all energy, but is lacking that basic quality, his passing isn't up to scratch, his rash in the tackles and he runs around like a headless chicken most of the time. 

Danns is the player that becomes a hero by not playing. I think that speaks volumes about him to be honest.

He's not the worst player I've ever seen but I'd rank him 4th out of our central midfielders, and that's not including an untested and highly rated Cain. He's our highest paid central midfielder (him or Wellens) and me being the cynic, why did he join Leicester when he could've joined a Premier League club? ££££

If he gets back in the team and proves me wrong then fair play, but I'm convinced people only like him because he's got some novelty hairstyle and loves the arselicking on Twitter. Seems to be the way to win over a lot of fans these days. Beckford tweets saying "good luck to MY club Leicester" and all of a sudden everyone forgets the half-arsed displays lol Unbelievable.

Good luck Danns but you've got a LONG way to go for me to be a fan.

Archived